Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

GOGAN Hails President Buhari On Commitment To Free & Fair Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GOGAN Hails President Buhari On Commitment To Free & Fair Polls (348 Views)

‘Buhari Focused On Free, Fair Polls,’ -FG Reacts To El-Rufai 'Anti-Tinubu' Claim / Ihedioha Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest, Hails President Buhari / Gerry Gogan Obituary: Irish Priest Expelled From Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GOGAN Hails President Buhari On Commitment To Free & Fair Polls by ositaizu(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2018
GOGAN's Aims & Objectives Once More Gets Validated As President Muhammadu Buhari Recommits Self To a Credible 2019 Polls

�� As Mr President says "I'm Not Afraid Of Free, Fair Elections in 2019

- Ositadimma Izuchukwu Anslem

President Muhammadu Buhari, Sunday in Beijing said that as a beneficiary of free and fair elections, he is not afraid of a credible process in 2019. To this effect, the President reaffirmed his commitment to making sure that the 2019 polls, under his watch, will be free, fair and credible.

This has in no small measure, revalidated and rekindled the burning desire for a well-governed Nigeria, the exact brain behind the formation of Good Governance Ambassadors of Nigeria (GOGAN), an Independent support Group founded by Imo State born business Magnate and politician. The message behind GOGAN is: Good Governance! Good Governance!! Good Governance!!!

According Garba Shehu, President Buhari while speaking at an interactive session with members of the Nigerian community in China, the President pledged that Nigerians eligible to vote in the next general elections will be allowed to freely elect candidates of their choice.

Mr. President said ‘‘I have no fear about free and fair elections because that is what brought me to the present position. I know what I went through and very few Nigerians could boast of trying four times.

In tandem with the message of GOGAN, the President said that those interested in participating in the elections must get their PVCs and register in their constituencies and elect anybody of their choice across ethnicity and religion.

‘‘The Nigerian police, law enforcement agencies and INEC must respect the wishes of the people,’’ he said.

Citing recent elections in Bauchi, Katsina and Kogi States, the President said the country had made progress relative to elections conducted in the past years.

The National Coordinator of GOGAN, Chief Sir Idiga Felix, while interacting with newsmen in his Abuja office insisted that a corrupt process cannot birth a good government. He reiterated his choice of supporting President Buhari, saying that he hasn't seen such a man rich in integrity and character as much as the President.

The National Cordinator of GOGAN has said that the President’s speech is a testament of the fact that he's on the right part with the President, for a free, fair and credible 2019 general elections.

Source https://enigeria.com.ng/gogans-aims-objectives-once-more-gets-validated-as-president-muhammadu-buhari-recommits-self-to-a-credible-2019-polls/?sk=1&c=0&lp=6

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Leads APC To Sell N45 Million Nomination Form For Buhari / Lagos 2019: Ambode’s Challenger, Jide Sanwo-olu, Submits Guber Nomination Form / Must Read! The Number One Reason Why Tinubu Turned Against Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.