Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition (16815 Views)

SDP to form alliance with Tinubu / Rivers 2023: Magnus Abe Joins SDP / 2023: Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi Joins SDP, To Contest For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by gare(f): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
jos945:
Donald Duke, a former governor of Cross River state, on Tuesday, September 4, said he had dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and had pitched tents with the Social Democratic Party (SDP) under which he hopes to actualise his presidential aspiration.

Premium Times reports that Duke, who governed Cross River for eight years, was expected to contest for presidency on the platform of the PDP.

The report said Duke announced his decision to quit the PDP at the national secretariat of the SDP in the afternoon of Tuesday, September 4.

He was received by the national secretary of the SDP, Shehu Gabam, the publicity secretary, Alfa Mohammed, and other top party members.

Duke reportedly said he dumped the PDP after about 20 years because it had derailed and lost its values.
He said the PDP was not the same party he joined back then.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/1190193-breaking-donald-duke-leaves-pdp-joins-sdp-actualise-presidential-ambition.html

WHY, YOU WOULD HAVE MADE A GOOD VP, AFTER 8 YRS YOU CAN THEN RUN FOR PRESIDENT, ANYWAY I WISH YOU THE BEST

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by klax(m): 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
Good let him just go he is not ready yet for the job. I stop following him because this thing opened his mouth to say he won't criminalise sodomy. Pls Mr Donald go and join those who will legalise sodomy ok. Nonsense.

Secondly I can't support any SS for presidency again because this region used their God given hands to destroyed their God given chance to rule Nigeria for 8 years to have their own turn but Amaechi, Slyvia etc took side with fulani to destroyed their own brother and this Donald coming again bro impossible they have lost it and it's final till heaven comes.

Who even told Donald he is a presidential material in the first place He will still jump out of SDP to APGA to AA to BBA to PPPZ.
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by buharitill2023: 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
Donald95:
No difference he ain't popular enough to be missed

He made a wise decision Because he can't even win primaries in PDP talkless of defeating Buhari.

PDP will quake when Elephants like Atiku or Kwankwaso or Saraki leaves not when ants leaves.
and you know is just one ticket, if one win the remaining two will go, but thief saraki can not go again.
But thief atiku and kwankwaso are already out of pdp if any of they lose.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by Abmalcom(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
This Duke Udi self. I thought he was playing for 3SC
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
Olatara:
lol, you wan chop ban?
I dey vex for am
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by tribalistseun: 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
Cajal:
....more headaches for PDP
Dead in the north ...funeral rites in the south
Oga Donald duke is useless, since Okonjo iweala exposed him as a mole trying to destroy his fellow Niger Delta president . he's no longer relevant in SS. We dash him to other region
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by Chrisenwa: 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
Dem go stone this guy if he comes to campaign for presidential seat against Buhari in the North.
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by Chinwendu07: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2018
I bid Donald Duke farewell from PDP, i really respect this man & i think he will a good president, but not like this. Good luck on your jorney sir, God bless you. #PDPTakingOver #GoingBeyondPromises #Dankwambo2019
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by gagadey(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
Who is Donald Duke pls
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2018
...my opinion is that Donald Duke should have stayed in PDP and possibly could have become a VP candidate to whoever eventually becomes the PDP presidential candidate...thereby giving him the chance to contest for president in 2023...

...as it is now, PDP will lose some votes to SDP, offering APC the chance of winning the presidential elections in 2019...
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by emmaadigun(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
I laugh you in Calabar.....you will still run to act.....for nomination....
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by kolaaderin: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
lordtosan:
Donald Duke o. Chai. I love you but I am already with Buhari.

I will advise you join APC, drop your ambition for now and for fight for V.P after 2023.

That is the fact right there but what do we know, greed will never let him think that way.
he needs to work his way to the top no short cut, He would be a viable VP in 2023 in preparation for SE presidency.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by Grayxme: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
Desperation for Power will sure make a man run even without being chased. Donald is advised to seat back and learn from the President
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by senatordave1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
...my opinion is that Donald Duke should have stayed in PDP and possibly could have become a VP candidate to whoever eventually becomes the PDP presidential candidate...thereby giving him the chance to contest for president in 2023...

...as it is now, PDP will lose some votes to SDP, offering APC the chance of winning the presidential elections in 2019...
My brother,you have foresight.donald duke is the most loved politician in the south south alongside akpabio.11 years after leaving office,i can tell you that he still has a cult like following in cross river and akwa ibom.if hes name appears in the inec ballot,he will agtract large votes no matter the party hes in.contesring under sdp will further reduce pdp votes in the south south while apga will reduce pdp votes in the south east.
No matter what,he wil poll nothing less than 40% in cross river and akwa ibom and get at least 20% in other south south states.i dont know how popular hes in the east but i know he will eat into some traditinal pdp votes in the west.up buharii
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by senatordave1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Chinwendu07:
I bid Donald Duke farewell from PDP, i really respect this man & i think he will a good president, but not like this. Good luck on your jorney sir, God bless you. #PDPTakingOver #GoingBeyondPromises #Dankwambo2019
With apga contesting and sdp presenting duke,its over for pdp.theres no way akwa cross people will abandon their son they love and vote for a northerner.
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by Naajjii: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
But these people already arranged to present a consensus candidate under CUPP or something. That won't work anymore I guess.
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by GCsomething: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
Although reasons better to him, but I think was too in haste.

He is one of the good VP choices for the PDP.

Whatever led him, I wish him the best.
Re: Donald Duke Leaves PDP, Joins SDP To Actualise Presidential Ambition by 989900: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:
Hmmm...

I actually think its better, even if he doesn't win, he stands a better chance at being selected a presidential candidate.

Another thing is that some people who believe in him don't really want him in PDP.

The only issue is that he ought to have done this many months ago and continued with aggressive campaign.

It might just be too late! undecided undecided

Exactly!

My number 1 candidate, followed by Buhari.

Only a Stockholm syndrome afflicted individual would vote for any of those PDP thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos 2019: Agbaje Talks Tough As He Prepares To Battle Sanwo-olu / Bisi Akande Faults APC Revalidation Exercise, Knocks Buni Committee / Bayo Onanuga: Tinubu Not Sick, Still Working In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.