Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Another Shade Of Red - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Another Shade Of Red (2575 Views)

Green, White And A Stain Of Red #endpolicebrutality [prose Poetry] / The Shade Of A Dollar / Touch Of Red (valentine) By Chine. (a Good Devil "Peom") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Another Shade Of Red by FayBrown(f): 11:34am On Feb 05, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
I feel motivated but my battery is currently down so until next time.
Re: Another Shade Of Red by AmaUwana(f): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
thanks op
Re: Another Shade Of Red by FayBrown(f): 10:20am On Feb 07, 2019
Ruby's POV

Rolling my eyes at his confidence, I concentrate on my conversation with Sam.
Well... Until I feel hands snaking around my waist.
I narrow my eyes, preparing my mind for the outburst I'm about to have. I turn sharply, tearing away from the assailant's grip and glaring at him.

"Hey, babe", Wayne says, slipping into the seat beside me.
"Missed me much? "

"Cocky much or just stupid much?", I ask in a sickly sweet voice.

He chooses to ignore my comment as Sam snickers silently.
I turn towards my former table facing Dayna's glares and the confused looks of the others.
I shrug nonchalantly at them and blow a kiss to Dayna.
Omg! Guys! You can pratically see the smoke springing from her ears.
I smile and face the irritating face of Wayne.

"So... ".

"I don't know", he replies cooly.

I shoot him a dirty look but he just shrugs and steals my lunch.
"I'm sorry but if you don't have anything to say you can now take your leave".

He feigns hurt, his hand over his chest. I catch Sam watching us with amusement in her eyes.

"You know it's going to take more than that to get rid of me", he whispers in my ear. I shudder at the close proximity and he throws his head back and laughs.

Stay strong.
His an idiot.
He doesn't deserve you.

Those are the words I try to assure myself with.
I hear the clatter of a tray and I look up to meet the seething eyes of Ethan. He takes his seat before asking.
And might I add through gritted teeth.
"What's he doing here?".

"I lost my way and ended up here", Wayne replies, sipping my juice.
Oh! Don't worry I'm not drinking that or eating the food anymore. It's now contains Wayne bacteria.
"You?", Wayne asks innocently.

Ethan narrows his eyes at Wayne and shoves his food aside before jumping out his seat and turning towards the exit.

"Uh. Pretty boy offended. Thought you could do better", Wayne sassed.

"Motherfucker", Ethan grumbled before showing Wayne the middle finger.

"Nice comeback! I'm shaking in my own skin. Are you going easy on me cause I'm with the girl you can never have?, Wayne mused.

"Back off", Ethan hissed, his hands forming fists.

"I don't think she likes sissys", Wayne added.

Hold up! Like he any better, your stupid Wayne. I'll pick Ethan 100 times over you! Hah!
I will right? Right?

Next thing I know Ethan is before Wayne his fist raised ready to punch. I step in before things get messy by Ethan's hand.

"I told she liked me more", Wayne laughs.

But who said things can't get messy by my hands.
I swing my fist with extreme force at Wayne's perfect nose and I kinda regret it now.
About hitting him... Nah
But the pain... An absolute yes.
What is this dude made from?
Iron?

"Shit, shit, shit, shit", I cry out as my hand grows red blotches.

I look up to see the damage I did while Ethan and Sam fusses about my bleeding hand.
Are you serious? No blood?
That was supposed to make him get surgery and maybe get a new face but his perfectly fine.
Except for the tiny, very tiny dent at the bridge of his nose.
And that look in his eyes.
That cold look.
His walking towards me now.

I watch as Diamond tries to stop him but he pushes onwards, his grey eyes slowly growing darker until replaced by complete black.
This time Diamond looks around cautiously before tapping the back of his neck and saying something into his ear.
He stops abruptly and follows her out the cafeteria door almost mechanically.

How can a person's eyes be so soulless and black?
How does he have a dent instead of a busted nose?
What did Diamond do? What did she say to him that he suddenly obeyed her?

Talk about weird much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Phobias---- The Fears Glossary / . / 26 January Sms Shayari ,photo,wallpaper | Republic Day Shayari Sms, Photo,wallpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.