Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

"What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man (1449 Views)

Is It Offensive To Refer To Someone As Fat In Nigeria? / Man Builds Replica Of Taj Mahal For Wife As Home In India(photos) / Home Training: Does It Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by HeWrites(m): 4:29am On Sep 05, 2018
According to this Nigerian man on Twitter, he wrote;
"I still believe that we African raised children were the most emotionally abused kids in the world.

What we called home training was really systemic abuse disguised as culture."

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9663/what-africans-refer-to-as-home-training-is-emotional-abuse-man.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by pacino26(m): 4:39am On Sep 05, 2018
What can I say, he's making a POLITICALLY CORRECT statement. Those who will want to defend him are products of "bad home training(emotional abuse)" I guess.

What is wrong in admonishing a child for a wrong he understands?
What is wrong in assigning a time limit for play time?
Movement restriction nko, guess it's wrong too.
Respect for elders, guess it's part of the abuse?

In summary, it is safe to assume the author was raised in a theoretical ZOO!

1 Like

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 05, 2018
I wholeheartedly agree (would just add physical abuse as well).
And the damage is still visible and passed on onto their own children.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by chiommy123(f): 5:24am On Sep 05, 2018
Is just like our then parents received the same training cos after you've survived your own punishment you come outside to meet your friend kneeling in public with other children gathered and watching while other mothers continue to bash him making his matter worse. good old days. BTW no parents enjoy hitting/ beating their kids. Its all in a bit to correct and train the child. When you spear the rod you spoil the child.
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by livinus009(m): 5:42am On Sep 05, 2018
Thank You. We like the Emotional abuse because it has shaped us to the good and mannerd people we are today

4 Likes

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 05, 2018
livinus009:
Thank You. We like the Emotional abuse because it has shaped us to the good and mannerd people we are today

You say?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 05, 2018
chiommy123:
Is just like our then parents received the same training cos after you've survived your own punishment you come outside to meet your friend kneeling in public with other children gathered and watching while other mothers continue to bash him making his matter worse. good old days. BTW no parents enjoy hitting/ beating their kids. Its all in a bit to correct and train the child. When you spear the rod you spoil the child.

There are plenty of ways to correct a child without resorting to violence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by chiommy123(f): 6:01am On Sep 05, 2018
Mindfulness:

violence? Little whipping is violence? I think you've not stayed with kids maybe by then you'll understand

1 Like

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by ednut1(m): 6:09am On Sep 05, 2018
True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Babyforever(f): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2018
ednut1:
True
Lies
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by ednut1(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2018
Babyforever:
Lies
y u dey stalk me. Just say u want me as ur boo sad
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Babyforever(f): 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
ednut1:
y u dey stalk me. Just say u want me as ur boo sad
Ehmmm Ehmmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Mindfulness:

I send you light and love kiss

1 Like

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
LivingFree:

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Thank you sweetheart.

Same to you.

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
chiommy123:
violence? Little whipping is violence? I think you've not stayed with kids maybe by then you'll understand

Little whippings is not what African children have suffered from even though even little whippings should be outlawed until African parents receive sense.

And you thought wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by chiommy123(f): 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
Mindfulness:

Little whippings is not what African children have suffered from even though even little whippings should be outlawed until African parents receive sense.

And you thought wrong.
it depends on what the person did. You know if its small whipping. Yes oh I support it 100%. Flog the devil commot him body
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Gerrard59(m): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
livinus009:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Prognose: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
LivingFree:

Lol, you still dey do this light and love thing? Nairaland hasn't polluted you yet? grin
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2018
Prognose:

Lol, you still dey do this light and love thing? Nairaland hasn't polluted you yet? grin

grin grin grin
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Timbuktuo: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
First of all, this guy has no point. Home training refers to being well-mannered. Perhaps, he has poorly worded his opinion. Maybe he means the methods applied in inculcating proper manners in children is emotionally abusive, then I could agree to a large extent.
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Timbuktuo: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
chiommy123:
it depends on what the person did. You know if its small whipping. Yes oh I support it 100%. Flog the devil commot him body

Whippings are largely unnecessary in my experience. You can mould a child's thinking and behavioural patterns by utilising other tools. Whipping the devil comot for hin body only raises an individual with no agency. You're raising a robot. Reason with your children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Divay22(f): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
Not really thou.
But considering the way our kids are stubborn, you can't help but use other means in passing the message.
But it all boils down to what works for you and your child.. If you like beat some kids from now till tomorrow they'll keep doing that same thing you're flogging them for and their heart becomes harden.

You can actually talk to some kids about the danger of what they've done and they instantly become remorseful and that what flogging them wouldn't do.
But if they refuse to adhere to advise, you can then use the other method cheesy grin
Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by cococandy(f): 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
livinus009:

Comedian of the year.

I remember being suffocated with goodness and good manners while living amongst Nigerians. Not

2 Likes

Re: "What Africans Refer To As Home Training Is Emotional Abuse" - Man by Timbuktuo: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2018
enofe589:
First of all, this guy has no point. Home training refers to being well-mannered. Perhaps, he has poorly worded his opinion. Maybe he means the methods applied in inculcating proper manners in children is emotionally abusive, then I could agree to a large extent.

Dude, did you just copy my comment word-for-word? This is weird.

(1) (Reply)

God never fails / See This Newborn Baby With Teeth / My Girlfriend Is Wicked And Heartless, See The Damages She Has Done To My Life A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.