Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Got it! Update - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Got it! Update (3450 Views)

Please Is This Job Interview Genuine, I Just Got It Now / Could This Be Real!!!!!! Got It Via Test Message / Workforce group invite....who else got it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got it! Update by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2018
Update just want to update the post that I eventually got a job miraculously at the most difficult time in 2019, and in my dream line, with bribe or lobbying. God is gracious let's just trust him and be patient!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Got it! Update by yomi007k(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2018
From my perspective, I see a 39 year old married PhD holder who also has her personal business. You are successful already.

Alot of people are dying to be what you have become.

The only thing you need now is TIME. Keep searching, keep growing,keep living, don't give up.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got it! Update by onyegwu(m): 10:24am On Sep 05, 2018
yomi007k:
From my perspective, I see a 39 year old married PhD holder who also has her personal business. You are successful already.

The only thing you need now is TIME. Keep searching, keep growing,keep living, don't give up.

Well said

2 Likes

Re: Got it! Update by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:
I greet all my fellow nairalanders, though I have kept silent but nothing has changed. I have come out to cry for help. I am a married woman I have being in search of a consistent job for over the years. I have a B. Sc, Msc and just got my PhD in wildlife management. I went through all these academic pursuits just to be able to fulfill my dream of being in d lecturing field. I have thought in primary school, and several secondary schools but most of them are demanding for certificate in education at d moment. I am into buying and selling of women articles but am not fulfilled. I just have this feeling that I have a lot to offer in academics. I have had field experience working for five years with a renowned conservation NGO (NIGERIAN CONSERVATION FOUNDATION -NCF) it was on contract base and after d contract we were laid off with nothing to turn to. Ever since then it's being application from one university to d other. They usually attach conditions like registering for PhD and publication of papers. I have 3 publications and has completed my PhD. pls help a sister and not happy, am depressed and sometimes am just tired of just depending on my husband for most things. I have tried to learn skills but my passion is not just there. pls do advice maturely. And possibly link me to places I could get fulfilment in my pursuit. thank u all
CAN YOU LECTURE PART-TIME? SEND YOUR CV TO ME: brainstutorialcentre@yahoo.com

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Got it! Update by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2018
wallace1:
CAN YOU LECTURE PART-TIME? SEND YOUR CV TO ME: brainstutorialcentre@yahoo.com

I will gladly do it. I just don't want a redundant brain. I want to be doing something in academics so I will encourage me to write papers. I am grateful for all the encouragement. Depression is taking a better part of me. Am really encouraged.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Got it! Update by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2018
I have shared your post. I pray you get your dream job very very soon!!!

3 Likes

Re: Got it! Update by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
I have shared your post. I pray you get your dream job very very soon!!!

oh my God am grateful. I have learnt that at times being shy and hiding does not help. Crying out here has attracted more responses than I imagined. Nigerians are really their brothers keepers. This is God. My spirit was low but now am lifted.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Got it! Update by chloride6: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2018
First things first clap for yourself.

You've done the hard part why don't relax for the easy one?

Have you tried open and online universities? It may be a good place to start.

All try for a new start up university. These things open every other day

Also you are more qualified that a lot of lecturers in polytechnic so try them out too.

As a last resort offer to work for free.

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Got it! Update by sacajawea: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2018
yomi007k:

Just imagine somebody oh
Re: Got it! Update by generationz(f): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:

I will gladly do it. I just don't want a redundant brain. I want to be doing something in academics so I will encourage me to write papers. I am grateful for all the encouragement. Depression is taking a better part of me. Am really encouraged.

hmm
and to think that many are lecturers not because they love it but because of the job security it offers. You that loves it can't have it.

I believe you didn't get the lecturing job because you don't have the right connections

can tutorials be enougg to quench the thirst to be a teacher

if possible you can start from there. maybe open a tutoring centre for free , then later start charging your students little by little.

you can open a tutorial centre using an empty university classroom in the evening especially for 100 level, diploma and prrdegree students in your field. they are Willing to pat for anything as opposed to those in higher levels.

make your fees cheaper than your competitors own .

4 Likes

Re: Got it! Update by generationz(f): 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:

please what kind of women article do you buy and sell ?
Re: Got it! Update by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
generationz:

please what kind of women article do you buy and sell ?
Am into Ankara, inner wears, I also sale provisions and things like honey (when it's in season). I also sale supplements. I just look at demands and go into. So often am in several businesses. I advertise online and sale on online forums.

1 Like

Re: Got it! Update by Screwface(m): 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Impressive academic qualifications, ma! Congratulations on acquiring them. I'd advice you apply for jobs in the institutions in your state of origin. Your state should most likely have a Federal and State University, or a college of education.
And no matter how much you've applied, please, do not give up hope, especially since you believe lecturing is your dream. I personally know someone who just resumed a lecturing job in a Federal University in June. He had applied to the same institution 8 times in the last two years. He was dropping the application letters every 4 months or so.

Do not give up hope!

3 Likes

Re: Got it! Update by generationz(f): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:

Am into Ankara, inner wears, I also sale provisions and things like honey (when it's in season). I also sale supplements. I just look at demands and go into. So often am in several businesses. I advertise online and sale on online forums.

what about female bags shoes and clothes
Re: Got it! Update by slirkmot: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
At 39 and still searching but are you searching rightly?

Please, look deeply than what my statement above means.. I hope you do.
Re: Got it! Update by Vanpascore(m): 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Op, i also see you as an achiever, a mother, a wife, a learned Nigerian and a business oriented person. The time is just near, do not relent on your efforts, put more efforts on state schools as they employ more, recently than the federal schools, sooner, you will come her for a testimony. Congrats in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Got it! Update by benzion72(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
Madam I think you are looking at the wrong things of life which is magnifying problem and causing depression. Your academic feat worth celebration.

If you want to lecture Dont go to UI or Ife. Go to new university like Oye Ekiti also visit private universities with your course

Having said that if I were you I will go into apiary full scale that is more than enough
Re: Got it! Update by clementbiola(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
try to comb private university in osun and ogun state. you can also go to ondo state univerity of science and technology

1 Like

Re: Got it! Update by ElRapido: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
Madam, why not impact your knowledge to students on Udemy or any online course forum and watch as you rake in the cash.
Re: Got it! Update by EGBEDA101: 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2018
ElRapido:
Madam, why not impact your knowledge to students on Udemy or any online course forum and watch as you rake in the cash.

I like this, how do you prepare the course .
Re: Got it! Update by ElRapido: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
EGBEDA101:

I like this, how do you prepare the course .

I must tell you I have no idea about that, but you can simply Google search it or use YouTube and here is a link I hope you find useful https://www.udemy.com/teaching/
Re: Got it! Update by bola4dprec(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:

You need Advance Diploma in education to pave way for you in academic setting
Re: Got it! Update by Daxyd4realzy(m): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:
I greet all my fellow nairalanders, though I have kept silent but nothing has changed. I have come out to cry for help. I am a married woman I have being in search of a consistent job for over the years. I have a B. Sc, Msc and just got my PhD in wildlife management. I went through all these academic pursuits just to be able to fulfill my dream of being in d lecturing field. I have thought in primary school, and several secondary schools but most of them are demanding for certificate in education at d moment. I am into buying and selling of women articles but am not fulfilled. I just have this feeling that I have a lot to offer in academics. I have had field experience working for five years with a renowned conservation NGO (NIGERIAN CONSERVATION FOUNDATION -NCF) it was on contract base and after d contract we were laid off with nothing to turn to. Ever since then it's being application from one university to d other. They usually attach conditions like registering for PhD and publication of papers. I have 3 publications and has completed my PhD. pls help a sister and not happy, am depressed and sometimes am just tired of just depending on my husband for most things. I have tried to learn skills but my passion is not just there. pls do advice maturely. And possibly link me to places I could get fulfilment in my pursuit. thank u all

I pray the good Lord grants you, every of your heart desires. Pls, I am a graduate of Ecotourism and Wildlife Mgt without a Job, I will appreciate link ups to NGO or any agency aswell. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Got it! Update by Martinez19(m): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:

oh my God am grateful. I have learnt that at times being shy and hiding does not help. Crying out here has attracted more responses than I imagined. Nigerians are really their brothers keepers. This is God. My spirit was low but now am lifted.

1 Like

Re: Got it! Update by sage04: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
SORRY GOD GIVE A GOOD JOB, CAN YOU WORK IN KANO, EEDERAL COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE TECHNOLOGY

6 Likes

Re: Got it! Update by Orjillala: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
I'm almost in the same condition with the op as regards educational status and search for employment. I recently concluded my Ph.d in Plant breeding and genetics. I hv an M.Sc in Agronomy and a B.Sc in Botany. I have two journal publications. I also need help (in or outside the field of academia).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Got it! Update by duduade: 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nothing to say
Re: Got it! Update by sophiathefirst: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
priscaver:

oh my God am grateful. I have learnt that at times being shy and hiding doesn't help. Crying out here has attracted more responses than I imagined. Nigerians are really their brothers keepers. This is God. My spirit was low but now am lifted.
My manager use to tell us that a closed mouth is a closed destiny. Say it that someone might actually need ur services or profer solutions to ur problem. Pls do add an educational qualification to ur certs. A PDE can suffice and register for TRCN as well.
So may God grant u ur heart desires and send help to u as He is already doing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ended / Vacancy @ Nigerian Breweries / Kogi State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.