Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,991 members, 7,956,702 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:05 PM

Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition (20381 Views)

Boko Haram: Mercenaries Vow Not To Return To Nigeria / 2019: Amosun Shelves Senatorial Ambition / Bianca Ojukwu’s Senatorial Ambition Tears APGA Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Ecstasy154(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2018
BY CHARLES KUMOLU

The senatorial ambition of the wife of the late Biafra warlord, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu- Ojukwu, yesterday, faced a major setback as some members of the Ojukwu family vowed not to support her even if she emerged the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance APGA.

In an interactive session with newsmen, Dr. Ike Ojukwu, who is one of the directors of Ojukwu Transport Company Limited, OTL, said it was wrong to allow a woman from Ngwo in Enugu State to represent Anambra South Senatorial District.

He said: “Is she from Nnewi? She is from Ngwo in Enugu State. I would prefer someone who is a son of the soil, and because I come from Nnewi, I would like an Nnewi indigene to represent us.”

On his part, Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu Jnr said: “She is apparently coming out on the platform of APGA and that is APGA’s business. They can decide on whoever they want to bring out. That should not be my business but I find it curious that they want somebody from Enugu State to represent us in Anambra South.

“This is a young woman, who was supposedly married to my late father. A young woman who could remarry tomorrow maybe from Abia State or later from Sokoto State. And they want her to represent us. I wonder if there are no other people in Anambra South, who can represent us.

“Has anybody asked Odimegwu household whether we believe in her to represent us? This is a woman we don’t interact with. She doesn’t talk to us. She can’t have access to our property She can’t cross our gate in the village. She doesn’t associate with the members of the family.

“There are certain questions that should have been asked before moving in that particular direction. Like I said, APGA is free to field whoever they want to field. I know that APC is trying to field a very credible candidate and when we get to the field of justice we will see what happens.”

Also speaking, a legal practitioner Chief Debe Odimegwu Ojukwu, said: “As a lawyer, I would say no. why I said no is that there are so many marriages, even when you look at Nollywood, there are many marriages everyday but that does not make it legal.

“Why I am arguing this is because there was a woman my father married in a court, and that marriage was never nullified, and my training as a lawyer tells me that when there is a subsisting marriage, subsequent marriage or attempt at marriage becomes null and void.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/anambra-south-ojukwus-children-vow-not-to-support-biancas-ambition/

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by sarrki(m): 11:39am On Sep 05, 2018
They are patriots

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by fawaz22(m): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2018
family matters not my corcern

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by sarrki(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2018
fawaz22:
family matters not my corcern

It’s a national issue

She’s going to the senate

That makes it a national issue not a family issue

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by sarrki(m): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2018
According to the erudite lawyer son of late ikemba

The matter is still in court.

So Rule Of law must be adhered to
Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by fawaz22(m): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:

It’s a national issue

She’s going to the senate

That makes it a national issue not a family issue
still not my concern...pls

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by madmohamed(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
They are patriots
buhari Mugu how far. Mr integrity don use una make juju

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by sarrki(m): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2018
madmohamed:
buhari Mugu how far. Mr integrity don use una make juju

I will do this myself to your

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by limeta(f): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2018
Matter of concern
She should be representing enugu
Conflict of interest
Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Valro(m): 11:55am On Sep 05, 2018
We Igbos and pulling our own down mentality

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by madmohamed(m): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:

I will do this myself to your
buhari Don Hama I never see yahoo yahoo like buhari Mugu most pay

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by amanda2013(f): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
You guys are not serious. She is now from Nnewi by virtue of marriage until court says otherwise; so she is credible. You people's family problem is not our business.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Didcot: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
As expected.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by OreMI22: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Actually Ojukwu's children are one of the disastrous things that happened to the great Ikemba. Especially that really fat one that was Nnewi LGA caretaker chairman when Peter Obi appointed him after so many years of being jobless.

If Ojukwu's kids were hardworking at all, just their last name will get them fantastic jobs or help whatever company they float to be very successful.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Biglittlelois(f): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
But why? dont you want her to continue Ojukwu's legacy? hehehehehe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Authoreety: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
Never underestimate the strength of a woman..

A beautiful woman at that

Lolz

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by GrammarNazi1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
limeta:
Matter of concern
She should be representing enugu
Conflict of interest
...Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by kaen1317: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
wetin she do? isorite
Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by talkyou: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
Apga ticket for Anambra south is for Ifeanyi Uba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Freeman50(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
So pathetic

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Follygunners: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
grin
Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Oneboypikin: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
They are making money come let's make money too
Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
Valro:
We Igbos and pulling our own down mentality

Stop this, things like this happen everywhere.

Don't let the things others say get into your head, cuz they are not better off.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by murphyibiam15(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
the problem of Igbos is too Much...always where one comes from...is she not married to an Nnewi man??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by adecz: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
undecided

Igbos are too nepotistic, tribalistic
& jingoistic in orientation.

In America, the Bushes are originally from
Texas, a son, George Bush (later became president)
was governor in Texas while his younger brother, Jeb Bush was governor in Florida, at the same time!!!

Obama is from Hawaii but adopted
Illinois ( with Chicago as capital) as his
State & represented Illinois as a Senator
of the US.

Namadi Sambo, GEJ's VP & former gov of
Kaduna State is from Edo; he also enjoyed
Bauchi state scholarship to univuniversity
as an undergraduate (when his dad was transferred
there from Zaria, as a railway worker).
Shekarau, two time gov of Kano is from Bornu.

In fact El-Rufai of Kaduna state is said to
be a settler Yoruba.

Igbo people are members of State Houses
Of Assembly in the North & Lagos state.

Igbos are members of Parliament in the
United Kingdom.

Yet, a fellow Igbo woman, who has spent
over 30yrs in, & dedicated her life to Anambra, a former
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria, married with children to an Igbo leader,
legend & hero ( from Anambra), is being discriminated against because she is not an Anambra Igbo.

Yet you talk of Biafra.. undecided

Ogini?
Maninini??
Kilodé

Una Wahala never start.
Una never wakeup.
Una still dey suffer from war hangover.

Igbo must start loving one another &
see themselves as one people, one destiny.

Tufiakwa!!.!!
angry angry angry angry angry

Meanwhile, I give her my blessings
to go forward, win & represent her
ungrateful, adopted ppl, with patriotism & distinction,
devoid of bitterness or black belle...

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Biggers82(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
As if we care about it

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by Sirphem(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
........and wetin concern me
Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by luizkyworld(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
Although Ojukwu is dead, but his manhood still lives on. Patience Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by RedboneSmith(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
There's an Ojukwu Transport Company Limited? shocked

I didn't know that. Who has seen their buses? Do they have a park in Enugu or Onitsha?

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Children Vow Not To Support Bianca’s Senatorial Ambition by win2kwire: 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ecstasy154:
BY CHARLES KUMOLU

The senatorial ambition of the wife of the late Biafra warlord, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu- Ojukwu, yesterday, faced a major setback as some members of the Ojukwu family vowed not to support her even if she emerged the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance APGA.

Yeye use of words, "Major Setback"
how many citizen votes are needed to win a senate seat, are they even up to 100 in that family?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fela Durotoye Talks About His Wife, Tara Durotoye And Their Marriage / Osita Chidoka Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu: Tells IPOB To Apologize / Peter Obi And Datti Visit Emir Of Minna,HRH Umar F. Barago (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.