Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. (11000 Views)

Uzodinma: Why Security Operatives Raided, Burnt Shops at Eke-Ututu Market / LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line / Nigeria Can Become A Well Developed Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by rajiraymond(m): 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
dukie25:
NEPA Certificate
As long as we elect leaders with NEPA certificates, I'm afraid the future appears bleak.

What did you get when PHD was elected?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:

Singapore's population is 5 million

Nigeria's population is 200 million

Give Singapore 200 people, give them 3 different major tribes and languages and 250 ethnic groups then come back with your illogical reasoning and baseless comparisons.
You no dey shame Population is not a MAJOR factor that determines development!!!

A leader who has nothing to offer, will always offer you an excuse just as you are doing!

Even if our population is 1 million under this kinds of leaders nothing would be done

So please don't even allow me to tutor you on countries who are not oil producing yet they are doing well!

You can Google it yourself!!!

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
[s]
Wiseandtrue:

You no dey shame Population is not a MAJOR factor that determines development!!!

A leader who has nothing to offer, will always offer you an excuse just as you are doing!

Even if our population is 1 million under this kinds of leaders nothing would be done

So please don't even allow me to tutor you on countries who are not oil producing yet they are doing well!

You can Google it yourself!!!

[/s]

Not interested in another elementary rubbish

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Not interested in another elementary rubbish
SMH for you. Next time educate yourself before quoting me! Okay

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by IbrahimDamola: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
We muslim buharists disagree with the OP. nigeria is now more developed and technologically advanced than USA, and Europe under buhari.

We yoruba muslims must thank baba Sai buhari for making nigeria the most developed country in the whole wide world. Masha Allah!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Sprumbabafather: 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:

Nigeria of course is not a well managed country, but comparing both countries missed the mark because of geography, culture, national character, access to tools of development and manpower.

Singapore is basically a Chinese country with well over 70% Chinese population, they rapidly developed based on resources, investments, tools and manpower from China.

Now please tell us, what do you have in common with Singapore that gave you the same opportunities like Singapore?

In fact, Singapore was part of Malaysia and they obtained their independence from Malaysia, are both on the same level today?

Same way Biafraa will soon be free and leave Nigeria to return to their dream of being in 1855 when your people were still swinging on trees grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Sprumbabafather: 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
We muslim buharists disagree with the OP. nigeria is now more developed and technologically advanced than USA, and Europe under buhari.

We yoruba muslims must thank baba Sai buhari for making nigeria the most developed country in the whole wide world. Masha Allah!

Develped? With cow dung being sprayed on all your riada and lands to spread diseases?

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by conductor116: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:

Give Singapore 200 people, give them 3 different major tribes and languages and 250 ethnic groups then come back with your illogical reasoning and baseless comparisons.
So why are you afraid of Biafra? Isn't this the same thing Nnamdi Kanu has been hammering into your cone skull like forever? cheesy

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by hardbody: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
policy12:

Bear in mind, they got Independence 5 years after Nigeria!

Please read the above sentence again, I said after not before.

Bros you are going to the past, my worry is in the future when china will come asking for the loan repayment. They will re-colonise us and start collecting capital and interest for years to come. Those experienced in loan management understand that interest never gets paid down so interest and capital outlay will continue to run. This generation of leaders have done us in, and we were taught that youths were the leaders of yesterday, as there is now no tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by SalamRushdie: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:

This is very shallow and lazy talk , US has 300 million people , China has over 1.4 billion..stop all these useless excuse abeg ..we are under developed because visionless men like Buhari are in charge and mean people like you support them

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by fallout87: 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Even Morrocco has nice development and shopping centers. They have a Yves Saint Laurent store there

Yves Saint Laurent would never put a store in corrupt Nigeria. Neither would Gucci, Louboutin, Louis Vuitton, etc..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Olabestonic001(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
policy12:

Bear in mind, they got Independence 5 years after Nigeria!

Please read the above sentence again, I said after not before.

And they're 1/1283 the size of Nigeria by landmass and 1/34 the size of Nigeria by population...

Just saying...
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

This is very shallow and lazy talk , US has 300 million people , China has over 1.4 billion..stop all these useless excuse abeg ..we are under developed because visionless men like Buhari are in charge and mean people like you support them
[/s]

The US is over 242 years old

Nigeria is 58 years old

You people need to quit with the silly and ignorant comparisons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by policy12: 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
dasparrow:

Stop making excuses for Nigeria's failure. The same brain God gave Singaporeans is the same brain he gave Nigerians. The difference is that the Nigerian has refused to use his brain. You people keep supporting politicians who cannot differentiate their left hand from their right all because they are from your tribe and/or religion.

You know fully well that Nigerians don't see each other as one people yet many of you have blatantly refused to restructure or downright split the country so everyone can move on.

Nigeria has no excuse to be the shithole third world country that she has become. The average Nigerian is not intelligent that is why you people keep repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.

Nigerians know what need to be done to move the country forward but many Nigerians are too complacent. Most Nigerians are too selfish. As long as they and their immediate family members are comfortable, everyone else can go to hell. As long as they are living in their big mansions with walls as high as the wall of Jericho with soldiers and policemen safe guarding their homes and families, they can care less if the country goes up in flames.

Nigeria will never be like Singapore or other developed countries because most Nigerians lack the passion, intelligence, selflessness and will power to move their country forward. They are content living off the breadcrumbs that the political elite throw at them while they sing their praises on social media including Nairaland and wallow in extreme poverty.

Bros may the lord bless you and your generation, generation. Those given excuse on behalf of our leaders may the lord make them realise their mistakes before we go beyond redemption.

5 Likes

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by SalamRushdie: 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Nigeria is 58 years old

Ohh so Nigeria had to wait for 242 years before seeing Uhuru cheesy...Cant you see how silly you sound ? ..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by policy12: 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
The funniest of it all is that Singapore ranks 78th in the list of the world's oil producing countries while Nigeria is the sixth largest oil producing country in the world undecided

When ever I read comment like this...I weep

5 Likes

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:
[/s]

I stooped reading your illogical and meaningless essay right here.

We all have the same brain, so why are you not like Einstein or Bill Gates, or Dangote?

Why are we not a billionaire?

Why are we not PHD graduates

Why are all our students not studying in the best universities in the UL and the US?

Obviously, your so so smart brain still couldn't performe at their level to achieve the same success in life.

You think and reason shallow like a primary 2 school kid

When they lose the argument , they start personal attacks..

Deep down you know the person you quoted is right...

6 Likes

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by phemsie(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
dukie25:
NEPA Certificate
As long as we elect leaders with NEPA certificates, I'm afraid the future appears bleak.

The one that has a PhD, what did he do, U ppl just like yearning dust upandan
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
BLACK MAN has scores to settle with the gods.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
[s]
HaileSelassie:

When they lose the argument , they start personal attacks..

Deep down you know the person you quoted is right...
[/s]

You lost your silly argument the minute you start making illogical and ignorant comparisons with countries you have nothing in common with.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by policy12: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
EVILFOREST:
BLACK MAN has scores to settle with the gods.

Hmmmm

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Ohh so Nigeria had to wait for 242 years before seeing Uhuru cheesy...Cant you see how silly you sound ? ..

lol @ village ipob, why not just explain to us why the US and Nigeria are not developed equally and at the same level..

You ipob villagers are worse than elementary school kids..
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nuzo1(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:

Nigeria of course is not a well managed country, but comparing both countries missed the mark because of geography, culture, national character, access to tools of development and manpower.

Singapore is basically a Chinese country with well over 70% Chinese population, they rapidly developed based on resources, investments, tools and manpower from China.

Now please tell us, what do you have in common with Singapore that gave you the same opportunities like Singapore?

In fact, Singapore was part of Malaysia and they obtained their independence from Malaysia, are both ion the same level today?

Singapore is 70% Chinese. The rest are Malays and Indians. Fact.

Singapore was rejected and expelled from Malaysia. Mostly because the Malays thought they were going to be a clog the wheel of Malaysian development. Singaporeans were so poor, dirty and uneducated. Fact.

The rest of the things you said here does not exist. I am restrained to call you a liar because you just may sincerely think you are right.

Singapore, like most south east Asian countries couldn't have gotten any financial or political support from China when for years China shut its doors to the world in the name of cultural revolution. This was the time Mao Zedong held sway. No money, little education and retrogressive communist policies. This was the worst time for the chinese. The communist Chinese government were only using their little money to sponsor communist parties in all of Asia.

The democratic and progrssive Singaporean government led by Lee Kuan Yew never saw eye to eye with Mao's communist China who did everything possible to overthrow the PAP party. So, how could Mao invest in a country he hates? Remember, Singapore had a good rapport and struggle with Taiwan. An abomination to the chinese.

Matter of fact, Singapore was called upon to assist China with some economic, financial, technological and social policies/support as soon as Deng Xiaoping took over from Mao and the famous four. This call produced produced one of the biggest tech hubs in Asia. As we speak, Singapore is the largest foreign investors in mainland china.

Now, let me give you a little idea of how Singapore developed.

1. Their leaders mapped out sound policies with focus and deadlines.

2. Their leaders had the political will to implement these sound policies.

3. Though they had different races and tribes; their leaders tried to expunge nepotism and corruption. Change began with the Lee kuan Yew's cabinet...not with the masses.

4. The Singaporeans saw the honesty in the leadership of their country, and thereby gave their full support to whatever will move the country forward.

5. Singapore was hugely financed by the Americans as they were training and using Singaporeans to service their war equipments that were used in Vietnam war. It was expensive to fly these equipments back to USA for servicing. This is why Singapore later became a leader in service industry. Ships, aircrafts etc.

6. Singapore also received a lot of loans from the Americans in compensation of allowing them use their land and waters for launching their aircrafts during the war.

Nigeria also received loans and aids from U.K.and USA at the same time with Singapore, SK, Taiwan and HK, but what did they do with it? They squandered it. They had and most still have no morals and no drop of political will.

Singapore was rated lower than DR congo in the 60s.
But today, Singapore is the 3rd largest exporter of refined crude after USA and Norway. Please, note that Singapore has no single drop of crude oil in their land.

So, for how long are we going to keep make excuses for Nigeria? I even hear people talk about how tribes are the problem...and I laugh so hard. Do you know how many tribes Indonesia has? Singapore has many tribes too, but most baffling is that they have about 3 different races. That is worst to keep together than tribes who just look alike but may speak a little different languages.

It was character that was enforced by equal and efficient justice system that developed Singapore and any other developed nation you see today. China didn't develop it for them.

Matter of fact, Singapore developed China.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nuzo1(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Nigeria is 58 years old

I aslo hate it when people compare Nigeria to USA. It's unfair.

But how old are Singapore, Taiwan, hk and SK?

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
policy12:

When ever I read comment like this...I weep
Ah ah see the gap nau

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
[s]
Nuzo1:

I aslo hate it when people compare Nigeria to USA. It's unfair.

But how old are Singapore, Taiwan, hk and SK?
[/s]

I wasn't talking to you, let the ipob i quoted respond.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by madenigga(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
deomelo:

Very illogical .

The need, societal development and consumer demands in Nigeria pre-malls are not the same like in Singapore.

I once went tru ur post history. with the way u re very tribalistic I never thought you cud make a sensible statement.

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by NdiaraIGBO: 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nuzo1:

Singapore is 70% Chinese. The rest are Malays and Indians. Fact.

Singapore was rejected and expelled from Malaysia. Mostly because the Malays thought they were going to be a clog the wheel of Malaysian development. Singaporeans were so poor, dirty and uneducated. Fact.

The rest of the things you said here does not exist. I am restrained to call you a liar because you just may sincerely think you are right.

Singapore, like most south east Asian countries couldn't have gotten any financial or political support from China when for years China shut its doors to the world in the name of cultural revolution. This was the time Mao Zedong held sway. No money, little education and retrogressive communist policies. This was the worst time for the chinese. The communist Chinese government were only using their little money to sponsor communist parties in all of Asia.

The democratic and progrssive Singaporean government led by Lee Kuan Yew never saw eye to eye with Mao's communist China who did everything possible to overthrow the PAP party. So, how could Mao invest in a country he hates? Remember, Singapore had a good rapport and struggle with Taiwan. An abomination to the chinese.

Matter of fact, Singapore was called upon to assist China with some economic, financial, technological and social policies/support as soon as Deng Xiaoping took over from Mao and the famous four. This call produced produced one of the biggest tech hubs in Asia. As we speak, Singapore is the largest foreign investors in mainland china.

Now, let me give you a little idea of how Singapore developed.

1. Their leaders mapped out sound policies with focus and deadlines.

2. Their leaders had the political will to implement these sound policies.

3. Though they had different races and tribes; their leaders tried to expunge nepotism and corruption. Change began with the Lee kuan Yew's cabinet...not with the masses.

4. The Singaporeans saw the honesty in the leadership of their country, and thereby gave their full support to whatever will move the country forward.

5. Singapore was hugely financed by the Americans as they were training and using Singaporeans to service their war equipments that were used in Vietnam war. It was expensive to fly these equipments back to USA for servicing. This is why Singapore later became a leader in service industry. Ships, aircrafts etc.

6. Singapore also received a lot of loans from the Americans in compensation of allowing them use their land and waters for launching their aircrafts during the war.

Nigeria also received loans and aids from U.K.and USA at the same time with Singapore, SK, Taiwan and HK, but what did they do with it? They squandered it. They had and most still have no morals and no drop of political will.

Singapore was rated lower than DR congo in the 60s.
But today, Singapore is the 3rd largest exporter of refined crude after USA and Norway. Please, note that Singapore has no single drop of crude oil in their land.

So, for how long are we going to keep make excuses for Nigeria? I even hear people talk about how tribes are the problem...and I laugh so hard. Do you know how many tribes Indonesia has? Singapore has many tribes too, but most baffling is that they have about 3 different races. That is worst to keep together than tribes who just look alike but may speak a little different languages.

It was character that was enforced by equal and efficient justice system that developed Singapore and any other developed nation you see today. China didn't develop it for them.

Matter of fact, Singapore developed China.

I have read all you have to say BUT I like you to go and carry out 1 simple experiment please;

When the 'leadership' of Singapore makes a new law or new rule, how do the citizens react and respond?

Now carry out the same analysis on Nigerians.

The fact is our leaders are a mirror reflection of the people. They are what you call a sample of the population (as in statistics).

We the people are the problem.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 12:01am On Sep 06, 2018
madenigga:

I once went tru ur post history. with the way u re very tribalistic I never thought you cud make a sensible statement.

madenigga:
Afonjoroba

madenigga:

U be ab0ki naturally u no get sense... so u no go understand.

madenigga:
Yorubas will be supporting bad governance then relocate to another country so we here wud suffer it

madenigga:
Yoruba people are disguising as Fulani herdsmen to attack the north nd south so that the rest of Nigeria wont support Buhari but wud support Osinbajo for president

A know and despicable tribaist and bigot is calling other people tribalist.

Wonders shall never end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC: AGF Malami Clears Air On Conspiring Against Magu / Senate Confirms Halilu Shaba As NASRDA DG / Governor Akeredolu Woos Investors At London Summits (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.