Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,232 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. (11233 Views)

Uzodinma: Why Security Operatives Raided, Burnt Shops at Eke-Ututu Market / LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line / Nigeria Can Become A Well Developed Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 12:07am On Sep 06, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

I have read all you have to say BUT I like you to go and carry out 1 simple experiment please;

When the 'leadership' of Singapore makes a new law or new rule, how do the citizens react and respond?

Now carry out the same analysis on Nigerians.

The fact is our leaders are a mirror reflection of the people. They are what you call a sample of the population (as in statistics).

We the people are the problem.

deomelo:

Nigeria of course is not a well managed country, but comparing both countries missed the mark because of geography, culture, national character, access to tools of development and manpower.

Singapore is basically a Chinese country with well over 70% Chinese population, they rapidly developed based on resources, investments, tools and manpower from China.

Now please tell us, what do you have in common with Singapore that gave you the same opportunities like Singapore?

In fact, Singapore was part of Malaysia and they obtained their independence from Malaysia, are both on the same level today?

I included this in my initial post, but many of these posters are too shallow in their thinking.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by UncleJudax(m): 12:21am On Sep 06, 2018
You have refused to tell yourselves the truth. Do you want to be a country. A nation? Or just a political experiment?

Development no be here...it takes a lot of sacrifice... Nigerians must speak with one voice...or forget it
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 12:21am On Sep 06, 2018
In Singapore, the first-time penalty for the selling of gum can be as high as $100,000 or a prison sentence of up to two years.

In Singapore, you shouldn't litter in any country and it isn't uncommon for littering to be against the law, but in Singapore, you'll find yourself paying a $1,000 fine for it.

It goes on and on and on from public beating as a form of punishment for what these loudmouths take for granted in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, these loudmouths won't accept or abide by these laws, yet, they same lawless jokers are comparing Singapore with their own lawless country.

Are these not the same lawless losers in Nigeria shouting tyranny over nothing?

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by UncleJudax(m): 12:22am On Sep 06, 2018
deomelo:

Singapore's population is 5 million

Nigeria's population is 200 million

Give Singapore 200 people, give them 3 different major tribes and languages and 250 ethnic groups then come back with your illogical reasoning and baseless comparisons.
No be Una say Unity in diversity?

Una never see anything.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 12:33am On Sep 06, 2018
[s]
UncleJudax:

No be Una say Unity in diversity?

Una never see anything.
[/s]

Stop boring me with your ipob rubbish. It's not by force to comment.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Blue3k(m): 12:39am On Sep 06, 2018
Whats this mall called OP. If Im ever in Singapore this would be a mall worth visiting. 90% of the time a mall is a mall.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by kuji2016(m): 1:44am On Sep 06, 2018
dbos11:
O boy, i don fall for this ooo
no try am ooooooooooooo,u wan die
Singapore's visa now on my mind
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by MayorofLagos(m): 1:57am On Sep 06, 2018
Even if govt built this in Nigeria that water would stink from people dumping waste and thrash in it. Iya Sikira will come there to fetch water to wash cloth. Chuks will lower the trouser on his 2yr old Obinna and face him to pee there. Abu Maishayi will crouch there and do ablution.
Abeg....the citizens are not ready. When we are govt will build it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Ballmer: 2:29am On Sep 06, 2018
dukie25:
NEPA Certificate
As long as we elect leaders with NEPA certificates, I'm afraid the future appears bleak.

Was any of the PhD hold in PDP able to do anything close or you were born foolish ?

policy12:

Whether private or government, most times govt and its policy has a lot to do with how investors come to ur country. So you mean for the past 57years+ since we got independence Naija as a nation cannot attract any private investors who can do this or more in our country.

Truly sad PDP can not do any of this in 16 years.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Agbayahoo: 2:39am On Sep 06, 2018
Illiterates jumping cos of a mall grin Chai !
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 06, 2018
afroniger:
This is a private investment for Pete's sake and has little to do with government or leadership. It's a freaking Mall, hello?! Must you people dig up ridiculous things just to look down on your country? Smh.

U got such a clean mall in ur State? Both private or government own. Or u want us to show u pictures of that country.? Or the power of their passport? A country da got independence after Nigeria. Is Africa forever cursed. No be the same God them talk sey create us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 06, 2018
afroniger:

Stop talking crap. Investors (both local and foreign) have been investing huge sums in Nigeria infrastructure, e.g, Eko Atlantic is being built as a partnership of both local and foreign investors. Dangote's refinery, the largest in the world, is also a world class infrastructure being built here in Nigeria. The Maryland Mall cost $25-million and was the brainchild of two under-40 ambitious Nigerian young men who convinced investors to drop money for the project in this same Nigeria. Lagos is littered with lots of infrastructure being built by both foreign and local folks but the problem with people like you is that you are blinded by your cynicism that prevents you from seeing anything good that is happening in Nigeria.

U not exposed as u may have believed. U gats understand what it means for a country to be developing. Not 20 million dollar mall in 1 place in Lagos where population is over 20 million in about 200 million in the country's population. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by SkinnyNigga: 5:00am On Sep 06, 2018
deomelo:

Ignorant and unintelligent comparison.
don't mind the boy who doesn't read..
How large is Singapore? Population and land mass wise, to be compared to nigeria?
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Pat081: 6:29am On Sep 06, 2018
dukie25:
NEPA Certificate
As long as we elect leaders with NEPA certificates, I'm afraid the future appears bleak.
if nt because u re still sick wot of Goodluck with PhD
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by kotv: 6:39am On Sep 06, 2018
afroniger:
This is a private investment for Pete's sake and has little to do with government or leadership. It's a freaking Mall, hello?! Must you people dig up ridiculous things just to look down on your country? Smh.

Saying the truth isn't looking down. There are people in tune with reality.
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by kotv: 6:42am On Sep 06, 2018
deomelo:

Give Singapore 200 people, give them 3 different major tribes and languages and 250 ethnic groups then come back with your illogical reasoning and baseless comparisons.

What an illogical comparison. Both China and US have higher population than Nigeria. US has more diversity than Nigeria yet both are much more developed than Nigeria. Population does not limit a country's growth of you have the right people leading it. I don't expect someone who defends that illiterate Buhari to understand. Go on give more excuses for Nigeria's lack of growth

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Rilwayne001: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
The funniest of it all is that Singapore ranks 78th in the list of the world's oil producing countries while Nigeria is the sixth largest oil producing country in the world undecided

Population nko?
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:08am On Sep 06, 2018
Rilwayne001:

Population nko?
We are talking about structures you are talking about population undecided

Check what it cost to develop such buildings and compare it to the amount politicians are collecting or requesting for via budgets still roads in Nigeria are nothing to write home about not to talk of structures such as this undecided

Na population dey collect the money

Abi bubu wey promise to clear the Ogoni land na population delay am too

Abeg leave matter!!!

2 Likes

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by UncleJudax(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

I have read all you have to say BUT I like you to go and carry out 1 simple experiment please;

When the 'leadership' of Singapore makes a new law or new rule, how do the citizens react and respond?

The fact is our leaders are a mirror reflection of the people. They are what you call a sample of the population (as in statistics).

Which new law? If them fit buy fuel at the current price, which good law Nigerians no go follow?

Nigerians, including the politicians, de obey laws die for other countries.

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by vecman22(m): 8:06am On Sep 06, 2018
dukie25:
NEPA Certificate

What did dey idi*t with PhD do when he was there? Igbos
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by ezeigbo194(m): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2018
deomelo:

Ignorant and unintelligent comparison.
Waka

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nuzo1(m): 8:15am On Sep 06, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

If you knew Singaporeans in the 60s very well, you would've known that they were more disorderly, disrespectful and unlawful than their Nigerian counterparts.

The question is what changed them and how?

A man called Lee Kuan Yew had the political will to implement sound, results oriented and people friendly policies. He didn't care whose ox is gored in the process. His children were not excluded from the law. How much more his extended family.

His son who is now the prime minister did his mandatory military service and rose in ranks on merit.

His cabinet members dare not touch public funds.

So, if he could be this strict to his own, who born the maga for street wey no go comply to the laws of the land?

Cattle rearing in the the streets and major roads were even worst than what the Fulani are currently doing in Nigeria. After just one man died when his car hit a herd of cows in the street, Lee gave them 3 months to start ranching or face the law. Those who disobeyed paid dearly in accordance to the law. Today, Singapore has one of the best ranching systems in the world.

The whole of Singapore didn't wake up one day and changed their mindset simply because their PM said change should begin with them. They changed because the law and justice system was blind to rich, poor, race, tribe and social status.

No matter how unruly, disoriented and criminally minded a people are, they tend to fall in line once there's truth and fairness in the leadership of their community.

Singapore was worst than Nigeria in the 60s in terms of nepotism, unlawful and tribalism. But they came through with equal justice!

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by ObservantFellow: 8:34am On Sep 06, 2018
deomelo:

So, You are trying to create an excuse for Nigeria's inability to grow. That, my friend, is pathetic. Give Singapore what you claim above and they will still succeed. You make it sound like life was a bed of roses for them from the start.
See all our natural resources we've been unable to utilize in diversifying the country. The same crude of yesterday is still the sole provider.
See the population you see as a curse is actually called manpower elsewhere. A good number of them educated but under-utilized. There is plan for only very few of them.
What could have brought them into use is large scale industrialization. But even that is a pipe dream when you consider our infrastructures. Electricity so irregular and so expensive, roads so bad it's a risk even walking on them. So industry cannot survive.

Please, don't make excuses for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by madenigga(m): 8:52am On Sep 06, 2018
deomelo:

A know and despicable tribaist and bigot is calling other people tribalist.

Wonders shall never end.
all these initial gragra you are doing insulting people up and down is only because I have not gotten ready for you. the day I will be I would personally make sure I frustrate you in this nairaland.

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2018
policy12:

Thank you please can you enlighten me? I want to learn.

How can you ask a fool to enlighten you. When you see fools, you avoid their foolishness, hence you too be caught up in their foolishness

1 Like

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Emycord: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
Firefire:
Evidence of failed leadership.

Imagine our rulers called leaders stealing money their 7th generations cannot spend.

You hear billions of Naira embezzlement stories.

Nigeria needs deliverance and or re-colonization.
we need a referendum

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by Emycord: 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
policy12:

Bear in mind, they got Independence 5 years after Nigeria!

Please read the above sentence again, I said after not before.
overtaking is allowed
Re: See Shops At Singapore .there Is Levels To This Developed Country Thing.. by deomelo: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2018
kotv:

What an illogical comparison. Both China and US have higher population than Nigeria. US has more diversity than Nigeria yet both are much more developed than Nigeria. Population does not limit a country's growth of you have the right people leading it. I don't expect someone who defends that illiterate Buhari to understand. Go on give more excuses for Nigeria's lack of growth

Is population the only reason why the US is more developed than Nigeria?

Population is not an issue for them because of their kind of society, age of development and cultural ways.

Do you share the same age?

Have you been making your own decisions and developing since 1776 like the US

Do they have 3 major languages, tribal societies and frictions like you have in Nigeria

Do they play ethnic and tribal cards when their corrupt and lawless people are captured and prosecuted like you tribal bigots do in Nigeria?

Can any of you lawless people exist under the societal and cultural laws and demands in Singapore?

There are a million and one reasons why you are not like Singapore and can not be like Singapore or even the US so stop the ignorant and illogical comparisons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Govt Presents N10m Cheque To Dead LASTMA Official’s Family / Northern Governors Condemn Gulak's Murder, Kidnap Of Niger Students / Meet Oka Obono: Profile Of Professor Who Wants To Represent Cross River Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.