Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Britons Drop Cash On Ambulance Windscreens To Thank Paramedics For Their Job - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Britons Drop Cash On Ambulance Windscreens To Thank Paramedics For Their Job (354 Views)

Coronavirus: Britons Told To Wear Face-masks On Public Transport / Tahir Fadlallah Evacuated With Air Ambulance From Kano To Lebanon (Video) / This Ambulance Drone Is Designed To Save Your Life During Emergencies. (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britons Drop Cash On Ambulance Windscreens To Thank Paramedics For Their Job by damiloladuke: 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
A new craze sweeping through United Kingdom is seeing a number of kind notes left on ambulances attending emergencies and some people dropping cash on Ambulance windscreens to appreciate paramedics for their good job.

According to Metro Uk, the move comes after a spate of rude notes being left on the emergency vehicles, with people moaning about paramedics blocking drives while saving lives.

Community first responder Carol Lewis from South East Coast Ambulance Service saw one note pinned to the window of the vehicle after responding to an emergency call.

I can’t begin to imagine how hard your job must be so have some breakfast on me.

‘Once again, thank you so much.’

The kind gesture has been branded a ‘brilliant internet sensation’ after support for the nice notes surged on Facebook commending paramedics as ‘local heroes.’

Bill Bayley said:

‘The kindness of people never surprises me.

‘What does surprise me is that the money was still there when they got to their ambulance.’

Richard Walsh said:

‘Love it – that’s how to get your message home and give these local heroes a treat.’

A third note was found by paramedics more than 160 miles away in Flint, North Wales, who were pleasantly surprised to find a note and a fiver when they returned to their vehicle after dealing with an emergency.

It read:

‘Thank you for blocking my driveway to save a life. Refreshments on me.’

Ambulance crew member, Aimee Louise, responded to the gesture on Facebook.

She said:

‘Returning to the ambulance after a call to find this heartwarming message tucked under the wiper.

‘Absolutely made our day. Such a heartwarming gesture. Thank you so much kind stranger.’

https://lailasnews.com/britons-drop-cash-on-ambulance-windscreens-to-thank-paramedics

lalasticlala

Re: Britons Drop Cash On Ambulance Windscreens To Thank Paramedics For Their Job by mercenary: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
This is how thing are done in same climes
Re: Britons Drop Cash On Ambulance Windscreens To Thank Paramedics For Their Job by peteruuu(m): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2018
Heh! No one should try this in my country o.
Especially with the NPF. You'll cool your legs off behind the van!.
Re: Britons Drop Cash On Ambulance Windscreens To Thank Paramedics For Their Job by loomer: 9:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Their job no easy o.

(1) (Reply)

Osisioma Pipeline Vandalism, Over 100 Dead As Abia State Gov't Condoles With Fam / Natural Remedies For Hair Loss / Strong Tower Gym... Good Health Has Never Been This Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.