Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,488 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

I'm Convinced Buhari Means Well For The Niger Delta, Says Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Convinced Buhari Means Well For The Niger Delta, Says Uduaghan (228 Views)

See What The Second Flag Behind President Muhammadu Buhari Means / What The Other Flag Behind Buhari Means. / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Convinced Buhari Means Well For The Niger Delta, Says Uduaghan by Grayxme: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Emmanuel Uduaghan, the immediate past Governor of Delta State and an aspirant for the Delta South Senatorial district seat in the National Assembly who recently defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), has premised his decision to defect on the conviction that the present administration means well for the people.

Uduaghan, who spoke on Tuesday when he paid a consultation visit to the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli II, at his palace, to seek royal blessings ahead of the 2019 elections, commended President Buhari on efforts to ensure peace and security in the Niger Delta region.

The APC senatorial hopeful, however, noted that anything that would make the state play politics of opposition would be counter-productive.

He added that Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo's visit to states in the Niger Delta brought about relative peace, which he said would bring about more development.

He said: "We need to be in the mainstream politics to accelerate development of Delta State. I'm going to the Senate to represent the three ethnic nationalities equally. For the sake of justice and fairness, we agreed that the Senate position should be rotated among Isoko, Ijaw and Itsekiri, and it is the turn of the Itsekiris.

"I've looked at the terrain carefully and I am convinced beyond reasonable doubt that we need to be at the same party with the centre to ensure speedy development of our district and state. I am convinced that President Buhari means well for Niger Delta. I have therefore decided to join forces with him to mobilise as many people as possible to ensure he succeeds."

Responding, the Olu of Warri expressed happiness about Uduaghan's return to mainstream politics.

The monarch promised to support any forward-looking candidate, who is prepared to shun personal and ethnic interest for the overall interest of the senatorial district, Delta State and Niger Delta in general.

Speaking with journalists shortly after the visit, the immediate past state coordinator of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, and a front-line APC House of Representatives aspirant for Isoko Federal Constituency, Joel-Onowakpo Thomas, promised to team up with Uduaghan for progress of the region.

"The time has finally come to speed up the development and progress of our people in Isoko, Delta South Senatorial District and Delta State. I am already mobilising the entire Isoko nation for APC to ensure the victory of the party in the forthcoming 2019 elections,” he said.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/05/im-convinced-buhari-means-well-niger-delta-says-uduaghan
Re: I'm Convinced Buhari Means Well For The Niger Delta, Says Uduaghan by HungerBAD: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari had always meant well for Nigeria.

This Uduaghan is one man the APC should not have touched,no matter what he is bringing into the party,which I know is not a lot.

He(Uduaghan) is a criminal that belongs to the Prison. I still don't know what he promised the top echelon of the party he has,that made that accept him.

Uduaghan is a loner in Delta State. He has no followership even among his tiny Itsekiri tribe. He is not respected in any corner,and his presence only brings anger.

This man is a liability to the Delta APC. He should never be allowed to contest for the Senatorial seat under the APC wing.

If Uduaghan is given the ticket under the APC party,then my prayers is that the APC loses that election. Better to have a PDP man there,than a certified Kleptomaniac,with a lazy to attitude to hardwork like this Uduaghan.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Convinced Buhari Means Well For The Niger Delta, Says Uduaghan by yemmight(m): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
From Uduaghan mouth? Naija politics na wa.

(1) (Reply)

APC - Aspiring For Presidency, Saraki Must Be Joking / Group Pick APC Presidential Nomination Form For President Buhari / 2019: Youth Group Decries High Cost Of Nomination Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.