Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 (2690 Views)

PES 2021 PS2 ISO File Download (playstation 2) / PES 2020 PS2 Download English Version Rom Iso(playstation 2) / What I Want From The Playstation 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by kahel(m): 11:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hear that? That’s the sound of a million childhoods being ended in one fell swoop by Sony Japan as it pulls the plug on its
PlayStation 2 aftercare service. Although the console hasn’t been in production for over five years, up until now Sony offered a repair clinic for diehard fans of the PS2.
Reportedly, Sony asked those diehard fans to fill out an online form before August 31 for the chance to have their console repaired one last time. Any PS2s sent to the Japanese Playstation Clinic service center in after this Friday will sadly not be fixed.

END OF AN ERA!!!!

Since the news broke this week, Twitter users have been responding in their droves, remembering classic games from their childhood.
Pulling the plug.....
The PlayStation 2 was released way back in 2000, and went on to become the best-selling console of all time, reportedly selling over 155 million units. Over time, it has become synonymous with classic games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas,God of War,winning eleven, pro-evolutuon soccer (PES) etc.
RIP... PS2.

1 Like

Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by LucemFerre: 12:21am On Sep 06, 2018
About time
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by okwabayi(m): 3:18am On Sep 06, 2018
Eighteen years later?!! Haba ma na, one can't say they did not try for the device. It is Sony's best selling console till date. I will buy one in a heartbeat if I see for 5K NGN.
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by LucemFerre: 10:21am On Sep 06, 2018
okwabayi:
I will buy one in a heartbeat if I see for 5K NGN.

Thief cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by okwabayi(m): 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
LucemFerre:

Thief cheesy
Playstation 2s are worth more than 5K NGN? Anybody who sells it at a higher price is the thief.

2 Likes

Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by LucemFerre: 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
Na cartridge you dey buy?
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by shogsman(m): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
okwabayi:

Playstation 2s are worth more than 5K NGN? Anybody who sells it at a higher price is the thief.

Go to the market and carry it, ole.

5 Likes

Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by 9tailskid: 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
okwabayi:
Eighteen years later?!! Haba ma na, one can't say they did not try for the device. It is Sony's best selling console till date. I will buy one in a heartbeat if I see for 5K NGN.
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by nelsonebby(m): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
Saw the game first time in 2002.
I asked my dad to buy me the game instead he bought sega for me.

3 Likes

Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by LucemFerre: 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
nelsonebby:

Lol grin parents think say game na game o
I envy our children generation
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by jbreezy: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
nelsonebby:

tenk yur stars bro...yu get papa wey even buy sega for yu...i alwys save to buy my games sinz i waz 10...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by Basseybruce: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2018
Bye ps2........

Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by LucemFerre: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
jbreezy:
tenk yur stars bro...yu get papa wey even buy sega for yu...i alwys save to buy my games sinz i waz 10...

10? You been plant the money ne?
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by WorWorBoy: 6:21am On Nov 24, 2020
nelsonebby:

cheesy grin
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by Timothy12552: 10:34am On Nov 25, 2020
Thanks for the information keep sharing this kind of information walgreenslistens
Re: Sony Says A Final Goodbye To The Playstation 2 by Boo3nity(m): 6:13am On Dec 10, 2020
I urgently need one to relive my childhood days.
Budget: #10k firm
08034043659 (call n WhatsApp)

(1) (Reply)

Case: Brute2162 V Elvisco44 / Java Gangstar: Crime City Secret Codes / How Many Hours Do you Spend Playing Games Per Week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.