Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission (25668 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2018
BabaO2:
Don't be sentimental about this issue, why bringing it up again. He's not the first that will be denied admission because of his age shortcomings into federal universities. More brilliant boys and girls than him abound in Nigeria it is not a new thing
we know bros, but this mentality should be abolished. When we r talking about intelligent here this guy is profound, I think something should be done.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by qanda: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2018
Applying to a Private University would have been a solution. While he waits, he can acquire other useful skills...improved computing skills, programming etc

JUPEB, NABTEB, 2018 WAEC and NECO Past Questions are available for Download on Q and A App.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2018
bedspread:
I don't understand!!!! What do they mean by Young age??
15yrs young age

In 2002 I had a 14 yrs old as my colleague in CU....

A boy that should be Granted Scholarship is being denied!!

I Advice the Parents to Seek GOD'S Face... this might be some Manupulations
One thing is its for his own good though... Even if someone is of age and not matured, still the same thing. I schooled at Unilag and I know how it is in the hostels, he might be bullied which can give him emotional trauma which can wreck his brilliance.

Unilag Admission process is very strict, one of the most transparent, they don't care if u are the President Son, they follow due process and Merit is based on Actual Merit and cut off reduced for catchment probably because Jamb have all eyes on them, with that his score... I'm sure he will be on top of the Medicine and Surgery list even if he scores average at Post UTME.

Honestly wish they could just do something for him, this boy really have more than what our system can provide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Realname: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2018
Primusinterpares:
when I say Nigerian universites can restructure your destiny nobody believed...

can you imagineSo they want this brain to just go and sit at home till he gets to a certain age before he comes for admission... alot can happen within a year o.

BTW... where all those big companies to sponsor this young man...I forgot, he's not shaking bobs and cleavages.
I weep 4 this kontri.

I trust my American niggas... them be looking how to tap this young star from 9ja

My nigga

If you know you know

In America even if he was 14, he would be given a full scholarship on a special study program with other whizkids . American 9s the Lord's on country, while.Nigeria is Lucifer's country
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 06, 2018
bedspread:
My Brother Everything about Life is Spirtual.... If you can Deal with the Spirtual Aspects of Life The Physical will be so Struggleless and Stressless

I choptas not.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2018
Uchemus:
all these broke midgets that'll keep beefing private schools because they can't afford them.

Only a fool takes pride in his parent’s wealth, if it’s yours then enjoy your bragging rights
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Missonas(f): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2018
Nice one. Most parents rush their wards unecessarily. You rush them and before 20 they're graduates then what next. Some even start off well but cant keep up. Their brain dey knock. Its the best for him

Allow them grow with their peers life is not a competition biko. Who will excel will excel

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by akinszz: 7:44am On Sep 06, 2018
bedspread:
Okay... but I don't think it's a good one.. Especially at this Jet age which we are..
you are right ... but they are considering his welfare... Will he be able to take proper care of himself... That's the issue.

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by CheapDataGuy: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2018
ITbomb:
Covenant University would be like...

come to daddy

Maybe the parents can't afford convenant na. cry

This country is so messed up.
So much hate
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2018
He should go to a private university ke. I know of a girl who graduated from the university at age 17. Special students should be given special consideration.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Meritocracy: 7:49am On Sep 06, 2018
There is no need for ranting, the boy and his parents can read and write and it was boldly written in jamb registration form that the university education is for 16years and above. Knowing fully that the boy is fifteen year they went ahead and abuse the law, now they are crying for people to sympathize with the boy. In a sane environment when technology is okay, immediately you put your date of birth and its below requirements the application should be rejected immediately. I pity the boy, he's too young to be exposed to this level because of village people. Yoruba will say ti isu eni bata a nfi owo bo je ni, nitori aye gbege.

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by SaroWiwa: 7:50am On Sep 06, 2018
oyonu:
According to JAMB, u are eligible to write their exams as from age 16 so let him rewrite the exam next year. They shouldn't bend any rule because he did well, his exceptional performance is for himself so he can redo it again bot besides, academic whizkids are most times not streetwise on real life

You're the kind of people that don't embrace progress and development. How can you say this. Haven't you heard of genius, haven't you heard of brilliant and smart kids getting admission into schools in sane climes? Rules are made, but can also be amended in certain circumstances, like this very case. Please don't come to the public domain to show your shallowness and backwardness. This chap needs to be admitted into school, either in Nigeria or outside the country. He is one in a million.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by BabaO2: 7:50am On Sep 06, 2018
Fuckingmallam45:

we know bros, but this mentality should be abolished. When we r talking about intelligent here this guy is profound, I think something should be done.
why the need to always cut corners? People that introduced education to us (British, US, Canada etc) put it at 18years we are still not satisfied with 16. It is a standard, we should learn to follow standard. By the time u finish university, u must be matured and have independent mind, you can marry, live on your own, you can't say that of a child that is already a graduate at below 20.

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by breakeven: 7:51am On Sep 06, 2018
Do we have provision in our books for gifted children at all? No wonder the shithole is being led by a dullard. undecided undecided
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Cmanforall: 7:52am On Sep 06, 2018
Dockaysworld:
Warri boy who smashed waec and jamb denied admission.

David okorogheye, the delta state boy who floored his jamb and waec with 336 and 9A1's respectively has been denied admission into the university of lagos to study medicine, on the ground of his young age.
The 15-year-old who stunned the general public by his outstanding performance, was not allowed to take part in the post UTME exams, he has been asked to try again next year when he comes of age.

Efforts to contact relevant authorities as to whether he could be considered for special admission has proved abortive as authorities say the law must be followed.

The lad however has come to terms with the surrounding suituations and says he will wait for the next year's admission.

According to sun news, David who hopes to become a neurosurgeon, had his passion activiated when he watched doctors battle to save the life of his late father when he was 8 years old, and since then vowed to study medicine so he can save lives.
With his father late, david is currently been sponsored by his mother and family members who are proud of him.

Source;
https://www.dockaysworld.com/2018/09/06/warri-boy-smashed-waec-jamb-denied-admission/
He can get scholarship abroad. He should make the right contacts.
Would have helped, but I'm seriously busy at the moment.
I wish him all the best.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by onyxo76(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2018
oyonu:
According to JAMB, u are eligible to write their exams as from age 16 so let him rewrite the exam next year. They shouldn't bend any rule because he did well, his exceptional performance is for himself so he can redo it again bot besides, academic whizkids are most times not streetwise on real life
I agree with you on the street wise thing, for someone who has never left home before suddenly begins to live on his own, it won't be easy and most of them break down easy because of stress, you can't compare academic stress in college to what obtains in high school.
It's better to be more mature ,forget academic brilliance, it's wisdom and maturity that is required in the outside world.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by NnamdiEducamia(m): 7:54am On Sep 06, 2018
bedspread:
15yrs young age

Everything is not spiritual or manipulations!

Haba!
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by tiwasiaife(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2018
oyonu:

But Davido left nysc camp
was the rule bent?
Kemi forged nysc cert to get ministerial post yet nothing has happened
God this boy should be given admission

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Mizwisdom(f): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2018
oyonu:

You've said it all
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Digitalwitch: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2018
bedspread:
15yrs young age

Laws must be followed forget evil manipulations

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by staytravel: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2018
Well, if school was free maybe....

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by oyonu(m): 7:58am On Sep 06, 2018
SaroWiwa:

You're the kind of people that don't embrace progress and development. How can you say this. Haven't you heard of genius, haven't you heard of brilliant and smart kids getting admission into schools in sane climes? Rules are made, but can also be amended in certain circumstances, like this very case. Please don't come to the public domain to show your shallowness and backwardness. This chap needs to be admitted into school, either in Nigeria or outside the country. He is one in a million.

As e be say you no get sense to understand, go admit am for the school we u build

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Centcanada: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2018
So somebody when never reach 16years day gain admission? Let him be a bit patient then. You may still smash the same score as you do next year. Success in advance boy.

1 Like

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Mizwisdom(f): 8:00am On Sep 06, 2018
They should allow the boy learn life's skills at home, doing a year of skilled work while writing jamb again, it's for his own good to grow in maturity before he enters school

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by oyonu(m): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2018
tiwasiaife:

But Davido left nysc camp
was the rule bent?
Kemi forged nysc cert to get ministerial post yet nothing has happened
God this boy should be given admission

All what you said above are unsubstantiated claims. Even if NYSC bend rules for anybody, do u expect academic institutions to do the same?

2 Likes

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by adajoe555: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2018
bedspread:
15yrs young age

I Advice the Parents to Seek GOD'S Face... this

might be some Manupulations

This is not a manipulation my dear uniport did same to my cousin after paying sch fees and the rest during physical clearance they told her she’s not up to age and she was supposed to be 16 by December the sch fees and everything went like that because uniport can never refund the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by SaroWiwa: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2018
I am really sad. We live in a country where we place our priority very wrong. Where we don't encourage hard work. Where we worship criminals. Where hopes, ambitions are killed just because you don't know someone in power or you are a child of nobody. Where the poor can not get access to quality education. This is the Nigeria we have today. There are so many like this young chap.

I see a better Nigeria. A Nigeria where the future is bright. Let's hope and work towards that beautiful Nigeria.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Primusinterpares(m): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2018
Realname:

My nigga

If you know you know

In America even if he was 14, he would be given a full scholarship on a special study program with other whizkids . American 9s the Lord's on country, while.Nigeria is Lucifer's country
I swear... 9ja is so unserious of a country.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Elxandre(m): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2018
fiercehillz:
There is something called a waiver...academic feats are rarely celebrated in this country jare. Imagine being the best graduating student in a Federal University and you are officially given 5k with one coloured A4 paper, while your mates that ate free food for 3 months were given cars, 25M, endorsements, vacation overseas etc. I still took my coloured paper to the student affairs department and I was told to come back during the next convocation to collect 5k. Thunder fia una there
Companies give these celebs their riches, because they generate money for them.
If there were to be an educational show that has millions of viewers generating money for MTN, they would gladly give out millions, but we all know most Nigerians won't watch.

No blame government.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Welcomme: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2018
My former boss's daughter was 15 last year when she got admission to study medicine in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by bigtt76(f): 8:09am On Sep 06, 2018
So heartbreaking ....someone should just grant this guy a scholarship and take him out of this f@cking country! Instead of them to hail him as an ambassador, they're busy rejecting him! In other countries this boy would be a hero. Anne-Marie Imafidon got scholarship to study at John Hopkins University at 13, admitted to University of Oxford at 15 etc read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne-Marie_Imafidon

Dockaysworld:
Warri boy who smashed waec and jamb denied admission.

David okorogheye, the delta state boy who floored his jamb and waec with 336 and 9A1's respectively has been denied admission into the university of lagos to study medicine, on the ground of his young age.
The 15-year-old who stunned the general public by his outstanding performance, was not allowed to take part in the post UTME exams, he has been asked to try again next year when he comes of age.

Efforts to contact relevant authorities as to whether he could be considered for special admission has proved abortive as authorities say the law must be followed.

The lad however has come to terms with the surrounding suituations and says he will wait for the next year's admission.

According to sun news, David who hopes to become a neurosurgeon, had his passion activiated when he watched doctors battle to save the life of his late father when he was 8 years old, and since then vowed to study medicine so he can save lives.
With his father late, david is currently been sponsored by his mother and family members who are proud of him.

Source;
https://www.dockaysworld.com/2018/09/06/warri-boy-smashed-waec-jamb-denied-admission/
Re: Warri Boy Who Smashed Waec And Jamb Denied Admission by Emmymarvel(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2018
driand:
cool

See Nigerians, stupid people!

Law is law, irrespective of your 9A1s and 336.

I believe next year he'll do even better in jamb...

Don't rush, speed kills!
pLS check google for youngest graduates in the world...give people like this d chance to move at their own pace not the pace of other

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of Results To 3 Years / Www.nigerian University News.com: Latest News Updates From All Institutions / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.