Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi (7244 Views)

BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / Okpella Mining Site: BUA Group Tells Dangote To Respect The Judicial Process / Dangote To Open $41 Million Cement Factory In Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by senatordave1(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:

Ibeto has not used the opportunity well. I was in Nnewi 4 months ago and I stayed one full month at home. Ibetos trucks were just packed.

I know he might be having issues but I think he should learn how to comprise. He had problem with OBJ now Buhari something must be wrong somewhere.

As long as he is doing strong head he cannot get his goal. And this is how it is done around the world. Example in Russia, if you are not in good books of Putin, no business for you. Roman Abramovich understand this, that is why he is loyal to Putin.

Even Aliko Dangote one thing I like about him is that he is humble and loyal. A friend of mine went to a party Dangote attended.. When Aliko came in he went to the kitchen to greet people in the kitchen. Very simple Man. The man doing the birthday was an Igbo and my friend also was Igbo.

Guy,you sound truthful and objective.let me ask you to honestly analyze buhari's chances in your state
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by blackgold2018(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2018
murphyibiam15:

ibeto is still on the game... who told you multiple firms can't build their plants at the same time for same product...they all know the limestone in Ebonyi is heavily abundant
Don't say what you don't know. Do you know how many acres of land(MINES) that a cement company will use to extract it's raw materials? And an estimated year the raw materials will be exhausted before moving to another reserved location? Don't say what you don't know please.. you will end up looking stupid.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 11:09am On Sep 06, 2018
Tushkito:
very nice if true, where is ibeto sef?
ibeto is already building his own separately

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by colossus91(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2018
Jlow2:
Na today, a banquet was held to welcome ibeto an co prior to 2015 election , four years gone no sign of a single bag of cement from ebonyi state, despite enormous deposit of minerals in ebonyi state the major problem is its people the suffer from poverty of the mind, once an outsider comes to invest in there communities, they govt and pple turn it to an avenue to rip u off to the last kobo, imagine payin 300k as task to ebonyi state govt for a truck of lead or zinc u buy, thats after you have registered with the state govt with over 700k, in other parts of the country were all dis minerals re found u pay not more than 50k to govt as revenue, and not more than 20k to host community as royalty, but in ebonyi state everything is different, dey give you a clearance which expires after 24hours, if your truck does not leave the state btw thst time frame, yoh will pag another 300k not minding if the truck got spoilt, so mr bua ur not the first but we hope u succeed
the so called issue u mentioned has been addressed sir I'm from ebonyi I know about the payment but a consensus was reached by the govt and the miners si
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2018
blackgold2018:
Don't say what you don't know. Do you know how many acres of land(MINES) that a cement company will use to extract it's raw materials? And an estimated year the raw materials will be exhausted before moving to another reserved location? Don't say what you don't know please.. you will end up looking stupid.
you don't need to sound foolish to make your point..you're a human being and not an animal..piss out
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by djon78(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
Northerner investing in the SE; I just hope he would live to regret it, because once the venture starts becoming successful; wait and watch as how the jingoistic hatred and jealousy of those ppl would cause them to sabotage it - they would soon be looking for reasons why the company should not be owned or headed by a non-indigene.

Abdulsamad Isiaka Rabiu, I just pray you are not making a mistake.

Go and ask Dangote where he sells a huge volume of his cement? BUA wants to take a good position in Eastern cement market demand which is very high. Cement demand in the East is a very lucrative market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:15am On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:

Ibeto has not used the opportunity well. I was in Nnewi 4 months ago and I stayed one full month at home. Ibetos trucks were just packed.

I know he might be having issues but I think he should learn how to comprise. He had problem with OBJ now Buhari something must be wrong somewhere.

As long as he is doing strong head he cannot get his goal. And this is how it is done around the world. Example in Russia, if you are not in good books of Putin, no business for you. Roman Abramovich understand this, that is why he is loyal to Putin.

Even Aliko Dangote one thing I like about him is that he is humble and loyal. A friend of mine went to a party Dangote attended.. When Aliko came in he went to the kitchen to greet people in the kitchen. Very simple Man. The man doing the birthday was an Igbo and my friend also was Igbo.

If the environment is not harsh which sane business man will park his trucks

Government should learn to separate business from politics if they actually want to create jobs and move this country forward!!!

Besides OBJ invested in Dangote!

Everything mustn't be about politics

Everybody cannot like you! It is not possible forget Indian movie!!!

Loyalty, trust and great friendship is earned!!!

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by samebony1: 11:15am On Sep 06, 2018
[quote author=Wiseandtrue post=70950955]
That is not the point I am making!

For this country to thrive, there should be a level playing ground for everyone!

This favouritism has to stop!!!

Let it be on merit![/quote]

Somebody is coming with HIS OWN MONEY to invest in a state largely populated and controlled by another tribe, and you are complaining of lack of "level playing ground" and favouritism.

What is not on merit in this situation. He has the money, he is investing in another tribe's state. Tell the many millionaires and billionaires from the state step forward and do the needful or shut up
Please enlighten us on how the investor has been favoured to the detriment of the indigenes here.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by djon78(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2018
senatordave1:

Guy,you sound truthful and objective.let me ask you to honestly analyze buhari's chances in your state

I have said Buhari will win 2019 except God said otherwise. during last Governor election, APC came second beating even PDP. So he will get good votes from east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by senatordave1(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2018
murphyibiam15:

same reason Apga is weak in Enugu.... Both states are the reason PDP is said to be a core party in the SE
Your righr.even abia thats pdp,apga is strong there.apga is the best for the ibos.i believe an average ibo man loves apga except precision fixed
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by senatordave1(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:

Go and ask Dangote where he sells a huge volume of his cement? BUA wants to take a good position in Eastern cement market demand which is very high. Cement demand in the East is a very lucrative market.
Bua should come to cross river,we have excess limestone plus the unicem monopoly is 2 much
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by senatordave1(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:

I have said Buhari will win 2019 except God said otherwise. during last Governor election, APC came second beating even PDP. So he will get good votes from east.
No i mean can he get 25% in anambra
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2018
djon78:

Dangote is clever; note he didn't make huge investment in infrastructure, like establishing a production factory as proposed by BUA; but mere sales depots for his finished products; ready whenever the going gets tough to easily pack and go - he is quite mindful of how often his trucks are targeted and burnt at the slightest opportunity of trouble in Igboland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by giles14(m): 11:31am On Sep 06, 2018
murphyibiam15:
BUA Group on Wednesday said it was commencing core drilling in Ebonyi preparatory to establishing a cement plant in the state.
The Group Managing Director of the company, Kabiru Rabiu, announced this in Abakaliki, the state capital, when he led the management team of the firm on a visit to Governor Dave Umahi.
Mr. Rabiu expressed surprised that the state has no functional cement factory despite having enormous limestone deposit.
Limestone is the major raw material used in the production of cement.
Mr Rabiu further noted that coal, a necessary energy needed for cement production is also in abundance in the state.
He noted that the state was also strategically located for cement production.
“We are planning to set up a cement plant here in Ebonyi state,” the nusinessman said. “The state is actually the host of the first cement plant in Nigeria, the NIGERCEM but it is quite surprising that today there is no single operational cement plant not only in Ebonyi state but in the entire eastern part of Nigeria.
“We are here because the state is blessed. It has a huge deposit of limestone which is very high in quality. The state also has coal which is a necessary energy needed for cement production.
“The state is strategically located; it is close to Enugu, close to Cross River State, close to the Middle Belt. I mean the local government where these deposits are located is very close to Benue, which is in the Middle Belt.
“Your Excellency, when we were coming into the state, we saw a road being built with concrete (concrete road) by your administration which goes along way to show your commitment to infrastructure and we also found out about the development of the ring road which is also about 150kms and we learnt that it is going to be built by concrete.
“So, naturally, the state is a market itself not only being positioned in a strategic location but also a large consumption of cement is going to be undertaken by the zone.
“We are really excited about the state, about the location, about the quality and the volume of the limestone you have for cement production here in Ebonyi State.”
Responding, Governor Umahi assured the group of total support by providing enabling environment for the company to operate.
He said the state was proposing a law to protect investors in the state.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/282654-bua-group-to-establish-cement-factory-in-ebonyi.html?amp_markup=1
ibeto right under your nose .

shame on you
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by murphyibiam15(m): 11:31am On Sep 06, 2018
senatordave1:

Your righr.even abia thats pdp,apga is strong there.apga is the best for the ibos.i believe an average ibo man loves apga except precision fixed
parties are built on ideology and not based on tribal sentiment IMHO..they should see reason for following any party
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by giles14(m): 11:32am On Sep 06, 2018
murphyibiam15:

ibeto is actually the first person to move in and he's Igbo...

mind you NIGERCEM in Ebonyi was the first and largest cement factory in the whole of west Africa
yea the first but since he bought it,dey have not produced a single gram of cement
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 06, 2018
devil working, in 5yrs ebonyi will be more developed than rivers .
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ariesbull: 11:43am On Sep 06, 2018
What about Ibeto
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Sardauna24(m): 11:44am On Sep 06, 2018
Proudly Arewa natural ahead..

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by blackgold2018(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2018
murphyibiam15:

you don't need to sound foolish to make your point..you're a human being and not an animal..piss out
I'm just pissed off the way people like you assume things.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by djon78(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

If the environment is not harsh which sane business man will park his trucks

Government should learn to separate business from politics if they actually want to create jobs and move this country forward!!!

Besides OBJ invested in Dangote!

Everything mustn't be about politics

Everybody cannot like you! It is not possible forget Indian movie!!!

Loyalty, trust and great friendship is earned!!!

My dear you need to get close and observe those with power. See in this life, if you do strong head, you Will just get enemies for yourself.

I cited Dangote, one reason why that guy is going places is because he is very humble, loyal and down to earth.

Opposition will always be there. But it will not stop one from hitting target. Sometimes you have to get a compromise to keep on going. I saw ibetos trucks just wasting away. He should get a compromise and get going.

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by blackgold2018(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2018
quentin06:
devil working, in 5yrs ebonyi will be more developed than rivers .
No bro I don't think so because the largest Cement Plant in Africa is situated in kogi state owned by Dangote and kogi state is still one of the underdeveloped states in Nigeria.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by djon78(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Dangote is clever; note he didn't make huge investment in infrastructure, like establishing a production factory as proposed by BUA; but mere sales depots for his finished products; ready whenever the going gets tough to easily pack and go - he is quite mindful of how often his trucks are targeted and burnt at the slightest opportunity of trouble in Igboland.

But do you know that Dangote and BUA has been fighting it out for a lot of market share in Nigeria economy. Last year they were fighting for sugar fields in Edo State. Eastern market for cement is a market with high demand. BUA wants to rather take better advantage of it. Moreover Ebonyi state has one of the best deposits of limestone in the country. So BUA has a better chance. If he sets up that plant and uses it as a marketing strategy. It will improve his gaining better market share.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Fariq: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
Northerner investing in the SE; I just hope he would live to regret it, because once the venture starts becoming successful; wait and watch as how the jingoistic hatred and jealousy of those ppl would cause them to sabotage it - they would soon be looking for reasons why the company should not be owned or headed by a non-indigene.

You are right. Kagane issues din. But ebonyi are different type of Igbos.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
blackgold2018:
No bro I don't think so because the largest Cement Plant in Africa is situated in kogi state owned by Dangote and kogi state is still one of the underdeveloped states in Nigeria.

have some faith, dangote and bua arent d same.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Jlow2: 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2018
colossus91:
the so called issue u mentioned has been addressed sir I'm from ebonyi I know about the payment but a consensus was reached by the govt and the miners si
i live in ebonyi state and a hardcore miner nothing has been addressed, can show u prove of recent payments
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by nnamathy: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
Baba Buhari has sent Abdulsamad to go and invest in Ebonyi, all because of his padi Umahi.

God Bless you Baba. Rule us till 2023
You people like making nothing up over things you have little to no idea about. The negotiating over this deal has been on the ground way back... There was a plant already before but not fully functional so the state had since requested support for FG but it's a private company that later offered lifeline solely on management plan.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by AyakaDunukofia: 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
What does Rabiu mean by being close to Benue and middle belt? Rubbish!

I guess he has infrastructure in Lagos just as Dangote has a cement plant in Ethiopia without measuring their distances to northern Nigeria?

He should simply do his business in Ebonyi or get away...Without sounding like an expansionist.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Afonja007: 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

in the north your people use sucide bomber to distroy igbo business they did it at imab shopping complex abuja they did too at young shall grow motor park kano now northerners are using hisba police to confiscate igbo traders alcohol in northern states ,while northerners are moving freely with their cows in the south east northerners re very wicked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by BiafraIShere(m): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
Nice development! Kudos to BUA for being smart in trying to capture the very lucrative Eastern market. There is enough limestone deposits to cater for both Ibeto and BUA, shame on Dangote who chose to build in far flung places while ignoring East yet is busy building useless mega warehouses here and there angry angry
Igbos will patronize only Ibeto and BUA once they start producing cement!! We can't be patronizing someone who wouldn't invest in our region tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by bigcasava1(m): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2018
a welcome development, left 4 OBJ nothing good shud come to south east. we are happy 4ur plan 4 south east

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How to Make $100 Daily Online Passively [Free Ebook Guide] / Get Your FREE Paypal Guide For Sending And Receiving Online Payments Here / Depositors Lose N70m To Wonder Bank, Director Held

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.