Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi (7236 Views)

BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / Okpella Mining Site: BUA Group Tells Dangote To Respect The Judicial Process / Dangote To Open $41 Million Cement Factory In Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:28am On Sep 07, 2018
djon78:

But do you know that Dangote and BUA has been fighting it out for a lot of market share in Nigeria economy. Last year they were fighting for sugar fields in Edo State. Eastern market for cement is a market with high demand. BUA wants to rather take better advantage of it. Moreover Ebonyi state has one of the best deposits of limestone in the country. So BUA has a better chance. If he sets up that plant and uses it as a marketing strategy. It will improve his gaining better market share.

You are completely missing the point: the competitive rivalry between Dangote and BUA as well as the mentioned attractive investment potential of the region does not; however, take away the fact that the jingoistic hatred and jealous nature of the ppl along with IPOB agitation for Biafra should be cause for concern and therefore a serious risk to any investor, especially one from the north.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:32am On Sep 07, 2018
Fariq:

You are right. Kagane issues din. But ebonyi are different type of Igbos.

I just hope so - at least for Abdulsamad's sake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2018
Afonja007:
in the north your people use sucide bomber to distroy igbo business they did it at imab shopping complex abuja they did too at young shall grow motor park kano now northerners are using hisba police to confiscate igbo traders alcohol in northern states ,while northerners are moving freely with their cows in the south east northerners re very wicked

Abeg I no get time waste for person wey done troway im brain for dustbin finish; go borrow sense come back, then we can talk.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by AyakaDunukofia: 2:11am On Sep 07, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

You are completely missing the point: the competitive rivalry between Dangote and BUA as well as the mentioned attractive investment potential of the region does not; however, take away the fact that the jingoistic hatred and jealous nature of the ppl along with IPOB agitation for Biafra should be cause for concern and therefore a serious risk to any investor, especially one from the north.

Mr. Rabiu should instead be happy that he was honored with the opportunity to invest in a very peaceful region. As opposed to the historical hostilitiy that residents of eastern origin and business people face in the north largely as a result of the wrong notion that Igbo people are covetous with their trading skills. Listen to Ahmadu Bello's statement of 1959 or so. A fact known globally.

I can't fathom the "jealous nature" you want to attribute to Igbos toward an Hausa Fulani? Perhaps you meant resentment because I see no reason an average Igbo should be jealous of your kinsman. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

I know some of you up there are afraid of revenge for your deeds, but I just want to impress it on you that Igbos are not blood thirsty. Our socio cultural structure does not promote such. Even at that, the IPOB objective does not mean that a Biafra scenario would stop Abdulsmad's business. Dangotes, Kalus etc have businesses outside the country of Nigeria. Now, what is your problem?

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by colossus91(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2018
Jlow2:
i live in ebonyi state and a hardcore miner nothing has been addressed, can show u prove of recent payments
nawaooo umahi is a bunch of disappointment
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Jlow2: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2018
colossus91:

nawaooo umahi is a bunch of disappointment
he gave the taxation of minning sector out as a contract to cronies with target, how can you ask some body to register as a buyer of mineral, why is it not applicable to does whom come to the stte to buy rice and yams or other farm products, jst to register to buy is 700k, then you pay off 300k for each truck u lift, if not becos of hostilities in northern part of the country were dis minerals re found also in large quantities nobody will go der to buy anything, go to umuohara stone crushers its a shadow of itself, it has been killed with too much tax,the worst is dey ppe inchrarge knw notin abt dis minerals, even wen u buy iron ( fe) dats not up to 180k per truck dey will ask u to pay 300k
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

Mr. Rabiu should instead be happy that he was honored with the opportunity to invest in a very peaceful region. As opposed to the historical hostilitiy that residents of eastern origin and business people face in the north largely as a result of the wrong notion that Igbo people are covetous with their trading skills. Listen to Ahmadu Bello's statement of 1959 or so. A fact known globally.

I can't fathom the "jealous nature" you want to attribute to Igbos toward an Hausa Fulani? Perhaps you meant resentment because I see no reason an average Igbo should be jealous of your kinsman. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

I know some of you up there are afraid of revenge for your deeds, but I just want to impress it on you that Igbos are not blood thirsty. Our socio cultural structure does not promote such. Even at that, the IPOB objective does not mean that a Biafra scenario would stop Abdulsmad's business. Dangotes, Kalus etc have businesses outside the country of Nigeria. Now, what is your problem?

There you go again, completely going off point from the issue at hand; this time, no doubt as an excuse to showcase your natural hatred and bigotry for northerners - exactly the very Igbo trait that I had earlier mentioned and the cause for my genuine fears for the northern owned BUA cement company and its proposed investment in the SE.

BTW, if Igboland was all that welcoming and peaceful, why does it still have the least level of investment and settlement by non-indigenes; and if conversely, the north is so hostile to Igbos, why then are your kinsmen rushing/running away from Igboland to settle and set up businesses in the north, including the unlikely Boko Haram ravaged war torn Borno State?
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by AyakaDunukofia: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

There you go again, completely going off point from the issue at hand; this time, no doubt as an excuse to showcase your natural hatred and bigotry for northerners - exactly the very Igbo trait that I had earlier mentioned and the cause for my genuine fears for the northern owned BUA cement company and its proposed investment in the SE.

BTW, if Igboland was all that welcoming and peaceful, why does it still have the least level of investment and settlement by non-indigenes; and if conversely, the north is so hostile to Igbos, why then are your kinsmen rushing/running away from Igboland to settle and set up businesses in the north, including the unlikely Boko Haram ravaged war torn Borno State?

You're the one on a roller-coaster ride. When the people of Nigeria associate North with violence, it's got nothing to do with the numerous ethnicities there; its got everything to do with the minority Fulani and their Hausa vassals.

Igbo people are known to carry out their trading activities around the world. So it's not limited to Hausa Fulani enclaves in the multi ethnic Northern Nigeria.

There is no evidence to suggest that Igbo are anti people. There are significant Hausa quarters and very vibrant ones across Igboland. These people live peacefully with their host communities and run businesses that are within their mental and physical capacity. I am not talking about the Abdulsamads that are less than 0.0001% of their kinsmen.

The Adamawa boy that works for me has been in my stead for over ten years. I put him in school and he's doing well. However, the average Igbo is a very ambitious person, and that may be unsettling to some people. Any other negatives you want to attribute to them is debatable.

Mr. Rabiu is free to invest in Igboland. No harm would befall his business. There is no precedent for that. All right?

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Sleevia: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2019
ItsMeAboki:
Northerner investing in the SE; I just hope he would not live to regret it, because once the venture starts becoming successful; wait and watch as how the jingoistic hatred and jealousy of those ppl would cause them to sabotage it - they would soon be looking for reasons why the company should not be owned or headed by a non-indigene.

Abdulsamad Isiaka Rabiu, I just pray you are not making a mistake.

How far for this your comment? Has he been disenfranchised? undecided
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Sleevia:

How far for this your comment? Has he been disenfranchised? undecided

It is still early days - though I am still praying it does not happen.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Sleevia: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:

You're the one on a roller-coaster ride. When the people of Nigeria associate North with violence, it's got nothing to do with the numerous ethnicities there; its got everything to do with the minority Fulani and their Hausa vassals.

Igbo people are known to carry out their trading activities around the world. So it's not limited to Hausa Fulani enclaves in the multi ethnic Northern Nigeria.

There is no evidence to suggest that Igbo are anti people. There are significant Hausa quarters and very vibrant ones across Igboland. These people live peacefully with their host communities and run businesses that are within their mental and physical capacity. I am not talking about the Abdulsamads that are less than 0.0001% of their kinsmen.

The Adamawa boy that works for me has been in my stead for over ten years. I put him in school and he's doing well. However, the average Igbo is a very ambitious person, and that may be unsettling to some people. Any other negatives you want to attribute to them is debatable.

Mr. Rabiu is free to invest in Igboland. No harm would befall his business. There is no precedent for that. All right?

Well done Nwanne.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Sleevia: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

It is still early days - though I am still praying it does not happen.
it will not happen and you can take that to the bank. There Chinese companies in the East. If the Chinese can live peacefully, why wouldn't a bona-fide Nigerian and his company?

The thing is igbos are misunderstood in this country.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sleevia:
it will not happen and you can take that to the bank. There Chinese companies in the East. If the Chinese can live peacefully, why wouldn't a bona-fide Nigerian and his company?

The thing is igbos are misunderstood in this country.

Just because the Chinese operate there, does that mean Igbo hatred for northerners would cease to exist - why do you think other tribes have largely been reluctant to invest heavily in Igboland?

Like I already said before, I am hoping that things have changed and it does not happen.
Re: BUA Group To Establish Cement Factory In Ebonyi by Jlow2: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
Jlow2:
Na today, a banquet was held to welcome ibeto an co prior to 2015 election , four years gone no sign of a single bag of cement from ebonyi state, despite enormous deposit of minerals in ebonyi state the major problem is its people the suffer from poverty of the mind, once an outsider comes to invest in there communities, they govt and pple turn it to an avenue to rip u off to the last kobo, imagine payin 300k as tax to ebonyi state govt for a truck of lead or zinc u buy, thats after you have registered with the state govt with over 700k, in other parts of the country were all dis minerals re found u pay not more than 50k to govt as revenue, and not more than 20k to host community as royalty, but in ebonyi state everything is different, dey give you a clearance which expires after 24hours, if your truck does not leave the state btw thst time frame, you will pay another 300k not minding if the truck got spoilt, so mr bua ur not the first but we hope u succeed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Palm Oil And Groundnut Oil Sale / How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. / Where To Buy Bitcoins, Selling Perfect Money, Neteller And Solid Trustpay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.