Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Ever Wondered Why First Born Child Are Second Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Wondered Why First Born Child Are Second Parents? (528 Views)

Are Second Born Children The Most Successful? / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Wondered Why First Born Child Are Second Parents? by Theladysroom: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
If you are the first child to Nigerian parents, here are a few things I’m sure you can relate to.

1.You are the guinea pig!

Your parents use you to test out EVERYTHING! From methods of discipline to household routines, child psychology and even their own value systems. In other words, you are a lab rat. Very painfully, you will watch your siblings get away with things you wouldn’t have dared dream about doing—like ignoring curfews, and you will watch as your parents bend the rules for them when they suddenly decide that knocks on the head are unnecessarily violent.

Like, where was all that wisdom when I was 5?

You are the standard

If any child is most likely to hear the question ‘Does so and so have two heads?’ it is you, the firstborn. You are expected to be an A-student, and also be skillful and domesticated. Of course, you must wear other hats such as caregiver, problem solver, paragon of virtue, and overall superhero. It is this model of perfection that your parents will use to compare your siblings to you when they ask: ‘Why can’t you be more like your sister?’ You might as well just accept it as a circle of life.
[url] Read full article https://theladysroom.ng/confessions-of-a-nearly-frustrated-firstborn-child/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

I Came 5th In Class This Term. Comment As A Nigerian Father / Which State Permits Marrying Within The Same Community In Nigeria? / ‘I And My Stepfather Are Happily Married’— Lady Makes Shocking Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.