Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA (2555 Views)

BREAKING: Northern Governor Joins Biafra Movement, Wants Freedom -- BNN / Tribunal Upholds Ikpeazu's Election As Abia Governor / Abia Governor Elect Receives Certificate Of Return From Inec (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2010
Abia State Governor, Mr. Theodore Orji, has joined the All Progressive Grand Alliance.

The Special Adviser to the governor on Print Media, Mr. Joshua Ogbonna, who disclosed this in Umuahia in an interview with journalists on Wednesday, said that Orji had lost confidence in the Peoples Progressive Alliance, which brought him to power.

He said, “I have the mandate of Governor Theodore Orji to inform you that the governor has joined APGA because the party has shown that it is disciplined and focused than the rest of the parties in the country.”

The state chairman of APGA, Mr. Emeka Nwachukwu, , who confirmed Orji’s defection, told journalists that the party was a better political platform for the governor to realise his ambition of moving the state forward.

“The governor’s ideologies fall within the ambits of what APGA represents,‘‘ he added.

Nwachukwu told the News Agency of Nigeria in an interview that the governor by his action of dumping the crisis ridden PPA had made himself a political bride who was sought after by political parties.

“APGA remains a party with great appeal and given a convivial political atmosphere the party will win elections in the South East zone,” Nwachukwu said.

Nwachukwu, who is the State Chairman of Conference of Nigeria Political Parties, said that the party leadership had concluded arrangement to give the governor a rousing welcome to his new party.

But the headquarters of APGA on Wednesday said that it had not been informed officially about the defection of the Abia State Governor, Mr. Theodore Orji, to the party.

The National Secretary of APGA, Alhaji Sani Shinkafi, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said, “We only read about Governor Orji‘s defection to APGA on the pages of newspapers.”

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the PPA, Mr. Lary Esien, has said that the party is not favourably disposed to any move to impeach Orji.

He said this was because the PPA would join other parties for political offices, adding that the process of impeachment would lead to chaos in the state.

SOURCE:  http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201007010152193
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2010
Ok
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by isimili: 11:59am On Jul 01, 2010
Confusion has taken the centre stage in Igbo land. If i remember this man was in prison when Orji pulled him out and handed over the state to him. It was then believed that the idea of swearing him in while a case was pending against him was to ensure that he has immunity which will prevent him from any further spell in prison.

is this not amazing that he now wants to abandon PPA and join APGA. APGA leaders and only members are Ojukwu, Peter Obi and Victor Umeh. Therefore unless they have perfected means of rigging the election he stands no chance which to me is all well and good. After all what has he done for his people? steal and enrich himself at the detriment of the people. PPA is lying when they ordered him to pay wages. they are all in it together and would have continued to waste money and share the wages of innocent hard working citizens if they have not fallen out over who gets what out of their loot.

He is heading for a grand loss come 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
no surprises there!

9ja politics is dog-eat-dog,survival of the thiefest fittest
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by jmoore(m): 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2010
He does not want tn remit any money to orji uzor kalu. He wants all the treasury to himself so he has to be a master of himself by withdrawing from ppa. Selfish PPA, selfish orji uzor kalu, selfish T.A. Orji
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by neily(f): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2010
How many Governors are remaining in PPA?
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by ReachRich(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
neily:

How many Governors are remaining in PPA?
none
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by chiozor: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
u can imagine how Orji Kalu used selfishness to kill all he has work to build on PPA angry
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by SSaemoenl(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
If he can, let him join DEVIL PARTY and contest 4 his 2 term, Foolish bastard!
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by CarlosVent(m): 9:20pm On Jul 01, 2010
hmmm wich is nw better?
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by mensdept: 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
He's doing a Ngige move--reach out to the people, especially by playing on their sentiment, and hope they will now rescue him.

Well, let's see, afterall APGA is still factionalized sad
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by EzeUche(m): 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
I prefer APGA to PPA. Even though my family is PDP.

If APGA wants to be a regional party, well I support that. The Yoruba already have AC!
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by mensdept: 12:33am On Jul 02, 2010
EzeUche:

I prefer APGA to PPA. Even though my family is PDP.

If APGA wants to be a regional party, well I support that. The Yoruba already have AC!

Please leave your family out of this before someone abuses them
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by EzeUche(m): 12:34am On Jul 02, 2010
mens dept:

Please leave your family out of this before someone abuses them

When it comes to Abia politics, PDP is the way too go.
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Adonike(m): 12:46am On Jul 02, 2010
Kini big deal
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Rastamann: 1:51am On Jul 02, 2010
Nigerian politicians are not only visionless, they are selfish and greedy.
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Onlytruth(m): 2:03am On Jul 02, 2010
EzeUche:

When it comes to Abia politics, PDP is the way too go.

I know you meant that there are many "men of timber and caliber" in Abia PDP, but trust me there are such men in Anambra PDP as well. The problem is that such men were made and funded by Abuja and their interest is not the betterment of Igboland. APGA on the contrary is a grassroot movement by Igbo youths.

I remember the last elections in Anambra state. While we were all here lionizing PDP's Soludo and AC's Ngige, ordinary Anambra folks had something else in mind. They waited for the D-day. All the nairaland polls gave the victory to PDP or AC.
Not daunted, ordinary folks simply went to the polls and handed down a decisive victory to APGA. It will happen again.

I don't think PDP, PPA or AC can save Abia state.

You cannot give what you don't have.  cool cool
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by chinaaman(f): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2010
Orji and Orji politics in Abia State will end in a disaster, just watch out,they have nothing to offer.
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2010
don't give a fck:: that dude is a retard scum corrupt azz
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2010
What a mistake

This guy should have joined PDP. That is the only way he can push back on the Kalu's.

APGA does not have real machinery in Abia. Except Theodore Orji is more politically savvy than we think he is, I don't see him pulling this off.
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by ReachRich(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2010
mikeansy:

What a mistake

This guy should have joined PDP. That is the only way he can push back on the Kalu's.

APGA does not have real machinery in Abia. Except Theodore Orji is more politically savvy than we think he is, I don't see him pulling this off.
He cannot join PDP cos the bigwigs in Abia PDP who are equally interested in contesting in 2011 will not allow him.
Re: ABIA GOVERNOR JOINS APGA by Onlytruth(m): 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2010
mikeansy:

What a mistake

That is the same thing you said about APGA in Anambra state.

What other machinery does a party need in a state?
A state chief execute can build that structure within months. That is why governors are so powerful in Nigeria.

T.A Orji knows that APGA is not a den of thieves, and since he is an incumbent governor, all he needs to do is perform some wonders between now and elections day, and use the state media outlet to tell the people about the real truth of why he failed to perform before. If he fails to win, he can at least make sure that PDP, PPA or AC don't win either.  undecided

HE holds a lot of aces. Whether he knows how to use them would determine the outcome of next year's elections.
And the outcome would even expand past the governorship race. It would extend into all other races.

That is why PDP and other parties tried their best to woo him into their folds. He smartly turned them down.

If he is such a political leper why would any party want to touch him?

(1) (Reply)

Federal Character Commission Admits Being Nepotic / Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs / GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.