Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs (2551 Views)

Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa / Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns / Loot ’ll Fund Women Affairs Ministry – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Seun(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2011
ABUJA—The Federal Government yesterday issued a stern warning to churches, parents, guardians, as well as individual or corporate body who have taken keen interest in the identification and stigmatization of children as witches or wizards to desist or face the full wrath of the law.

Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, Idris Kuta, who gave the warning at a 3-day technical meeting on stigmatization of children as witches or wizards, said the provision of law on child protection was clear and must be respected by every body.

More: www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/child-witch-accusation-fg-warns-churches-parents-others/
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by A12(m): 8:38am On Jun 21, 2011
Then what do we call a child that comes out & boldly confessed he/she has been possesed
Seun:

More: www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/child-witch-accusation-fg-warns-churches-parents-others/
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by maclatunji: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2011
It is a step in the right direction. It takes a witch to know a witch.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Leonoel202(m): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2011
is our government encouraging witch craft? Children who are really witches should be punished, they kill the growth of the society. angry grin
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Excelboi(m): 8:49am On Jun 21, 2011
How will they know if a child is called a witch,besides it not the government concern since the child wnt be humiliated or abused. Btw u have a point their,some children are like that. Well let see if it will be effective
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2011
Witches ? whoever said there is such a thing like witches anymore.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by shakers(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2011
leave that Permanent secretary make she show herself, because there is no minister yet, she is just trying to do[b] notice me[/b], when we all know in the society we live in that there are witches, not only children even amongst adult,
if i see a witch i will call the person a witch,
na she sabi
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Bawss1(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2011
Leonoel202:

is our government encouraging witch craft? Children who are really witches should be punished, they kill the growth of the society. angry grin

Obtuseness is deep in this one. smh
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by nanidee2(f): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2011
A 1:

Then what do we call a child that comes out & boldly confessed he/she has been possesed

I am wondering as well undecided undecided

LeoMax:

Witches ? whoever said there is such a thing like witches anymore.

have they become extinct
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by rolchi(m): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2011
A 1:

Train up a child well, so if you train a child to become a witch, she will come out to say she is a witch! If you ever meet a child witch, look for the parents or guardians of the child (they may hide under the gait of Christians), they are the Parent Witch.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Odichi(f): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2011
What the (Expletive) is this woman talking about. How do u process the fact that majority of witches in our society today are children. Innocent looking but dangerously active in witch craft. I have my experience, this cannot be ignored. Some of them have killed many. I have witness children confessing their witch craft activities.some helpless once wanting out,others fierce and daring. You need to experience it to know what i mean.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Seun(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2011
A 1:

Tell him/her sweetie, that's not true, there's no such thing.
If he/she insists on it, take him/her to Aro mental hospital for psychiatric exam (not a joke).
If your child said a witch stole the meat from the pot, would you believe him/her?
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by nanidee2(f): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2011
rolchi:

Train up a child well, so if you train a child to become a witch, she will come out to say she is a witch! [b]If you ever meet a child witch, look for the parents or guardians of the child (they may hide under the gait of Christians), they are the Parent Witc[/b]h.

Well, not necessarily. It would amaze you to know that most of their parents have no idea of this

Seun:

Tell him/her sweetie, that's not true, there's no such thing.
If he/she insists on it, take him/her to Aro mental hospital for psychiatric exam (not a joke).
If your child said a witch stole the meat from the pot, would you believe him/her?

Most witchcraft activities go beyond the physical.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2011
@ Poster, do u believe in witch?
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by rolchi(m): 10:30am On Jun 21, 2011
nanidee2:

Well, not necessarily. It would amaze you to know that most of their parents have no idea of this

Most witchcraft activities go beyond the physical.

@Nanidee2
Do you believe that your own child (your sweet baby) can become a witch?
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by lucabraski(f): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2011
Madam permanent sec. are u really trying to deceive urself and others? or are u looking for cheap popularity?
Just thank ur God say u neva experience or meet these witches, becos if u do, u would be singing a very different tune.
For emphasis, Witches exist. i have seen and experienced thier evil plans first hand, and also witnessed their confessions after they have been unsuccessful in their missions.
They mostly come under the guise of being a househelp.

How about the bible passage that says "suffer not the witch to live?''

Be careful madam that ur mouth does not testify against u.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by rolchi(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2011
@Lucabraski

All African believe that there is witchcraft or Wizardry and that there are witches and wizards! No doubt. Again, we all believe that it is a matter of choice to participate in it or not as an adult. Therefore, if my great grandfather was a witch doctor, it does not make me one as long as I have rejected to do it. It stops there.

Now let us come to the kids! I always ask these people who have "children witches" how come? My question to you is
Do you believe that your sweet baby is (or can become) a witch
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by RexyDon(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2011
wizardry in any form, especially in African world is always considered or believed to be  black magic and a tool for societal, family destruction.
Though in the west it is conceived as a stepping stone to inventions, but the case is different in African settings. Folks involved in this spiritual power acquisition has long caused havoc in their respective wards and beyond.

We need not to neither stigmatize or abuse, cuz some of them are ignorant of this mess. Kudos to ministry of women affairs.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Purist(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2011
There are no such things as witches.  Africa needs to grow up.  Ever wondered why witches in most cases are children and women, but hardly the menfolk?

For those who claim to have had some form of experience with witches, I'm sorry, but you just have really superactive imaginations.  Optical illusions alone prove to us that we cannot entirely rely on our sensory perceptions; what you have seen barely counts.  What you can prove, however, is what matters.  And no, there is nothing 'spiritual' about abusing innocent children.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by obowunmi(m): 11:58am On Jun 21, 2011
Schizophrenia and dementia are popular mental health illnesses in Nigeria. This however, does not exclude the idea that witch craft exists.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by hardywaltz(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2011
Which witches? Only in black Africa do we still hear all dis crap!
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by hackney(m): 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
Cross rivers state is terrible with children.
I have seen the embarassing documentary where parents put out their OWN 4 yr old children after pouring hot water on them,accusing
the little kids of witchcraft.
The worst is that their churches are accussing children too.

A man almost cut off her little 6 yr old daughter's arm because his bag of garri got spoilt and he said it was her witchcraft.

The govt needs to clear all those bushes they call villages and then re-educate those monkeys.

Thousands upon thousands of cross rivers children are roaming around rivers state (PH water areas)because they were to be Killed by their monkey parents.

Only in black domiciles will you see such monkey thinking.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by MeandSum: 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
A 1:

Well, tell them there's nothing like that.  usually, people who think they are witches are either schizophrenic, suffering from other mental related condition or made to believe they bring bad luck to people.  Hence they convince themselves that there must be some supernatural explanation.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by juman(m): 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
Wicked parents.

Why children of other states (places) are not like that??
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Gbenge77(m): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
The Bbc did a shocking documentary on it sometime last year.Akwa-ibom is notorious for this.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by ezeagu(m): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
Does the title make sense?
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Mtnaija(f): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2011
This is wickedness! What is a witch? Is it something like father chrismas? Or harry porter?
Ssmh at this sheer inhumane treatment towards helpless children.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
Odichi:

What the (Expletive) is this woman talking about. How do u process the fact that majority of witches in our society today are children. Innocent looking but dangerously active in witch craft. [/b]I have my experience, this cannot be ignored. Some of them have killed many. [b]I have witness children confessing their witch craft activities.some helpless once wanting out,others fierce and daring. You need to experience it to know what i mean.

Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2011
While I applaud the move, I don't think it goes far enough. What is needed is a re-education of the people, including folks like @Odichi here who even believes that there has been some census that has determined that children make up the vast majority of the population of witches in Nigeria.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Mtnaija(f): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
This is wickedness! What is a witch? Is it something like father chrismas? Or harry porter?
Ssmh at this sheer inhumane treatment towards helpless children.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by tpia5: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
i think the problem may be linked to cultic activities or the like.

the fears may for the most part be exaggerated, but some kids might have been exposed to cult activity which many times is based on esoterism.

nevertheless, this is why people need Christ.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by akinnux(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2011
I sincerely support this initiative. Many of this witch stories are just matters of juvenile delinquency.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fani Kayode Breaks Out From The Chains Again! / Black Boy Growing Up In Nazi Germany / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Is My Mentor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.