Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar (6311 Views)

Soft Drinks Kill 184,000 Adults Every Year - Study / 7 Facts/dangers About Soft Drinks(coke,pepsi...) You May Not Know / The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by 2nde(m): 12:35am On Jan 06, 2006
Some people have been arguing with me that American soda contain more sugar that Nigeria soft drink, i think the Nigeria's one has more sugar that the American one, what do you think?
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by fancidiva(f): 3:35am On Jan 06, 2006
well i think american soda contains more sugar.......... you know how they loved sweet things..... grin grin grin
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by 2nde(m): 3:44am On Jan 06, 2006
I dont think so because when i was in Nigeria and used to drinks all those softdrink, in the next three days, i will gat "jedijedi" if i drink more than three, and i have tried it here also, ever since i came here, i havent heard of that "jedijedi thing"
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by hotangel2(f): 3:53am On Jan 06, 2006
I cant really remember the taste. But the nigerian soda contains 8 cubes of sugar. How many does the american soda contain?
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by WesleyanA(f): 4:05am On Jan 06, 2006
look on the side of the drinks where the nutritional content info is, and check the sugar calories or grams.

i don't think i've seen the think on a soft drink bottle in Nigeria before so if you really want to know the sugar content and it doesn't say on the bottle, call them (at least they have their # on it) and ask them how much sugar the thing has.
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by fancidiva(f): 4:11am On Jan 06, 2006
well, american regular soda has up to 41g of sugar in a single can of soda and i think that is/might be more than 9 cubes of

sugar
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by hotangel2(f): 4:14am On Jan 06, 2006
I dont have soda cans here.. (cutting out on the sugar).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by WesleyanA(f): 4:18am On Jan 06, 2006
i actually drank a little this evening. It's like my "weed". I'm not addicted though. cheesy
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by fancidiva(f): 4:20am On Jan 06, 2006
i hear you!!!!!...... i can't do without it either? cheesy
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by 2nde(m): 4:21am On Jan 06, 2006
well, american regular soda has up to 41g of sugar in a single can of soda and i think that is/might be more than 9 cubes of

We have mathematicain in the house
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by damygurl(f): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2006
it depends on d American soda u go for cuz nowadays they got low sugar, no calories, diet.... and d sugar content in each differs, so it depends on d one u drink.

In nigeria i drink at least 3 bottles everyday and i never get d jedi jedi stuff.
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by fancidiva(f): 7:35am On Jan 06, 2006
sorry but i have to ask.......what's this jedi jedi stuff you guys are talking about
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by 2nde(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2006
LOL, you mean to tell me you dont know "jedijedi"?
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by hotangel2(f): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2006
chop nyash, chop nyash. It's when u have too much sugar in u and u start shitting. Oyinbo call it diarrhea.. i think.
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by fancidiva(f): 7:39am On Jan 06, 2006
............ grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by fancidiva(f): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2006
i thought as much..... grin grin..
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by 2nde(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2006
Oyinbo call it diarrhea.. i think.
hey, the one i am talking about is not diarthea oo, just what happen when you dont go to toilet/restroom as u used to
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by fancidiva(f): 8:05am On Jan 06, 2006
grin grin grin.........do you mean constipation..... grin grin grin grin
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by bazzie(m): 3:55am On Jan 07, 2006
the one dat has suger is d one dat was made wit more quantity of suger na. shuo, which kind question b dis. ok i will ask my own.......sony tv and sharp tv which one get colour pass?
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by 2nde(m): 4:02am On Jan 07, 2006
the one that has suger is d one that was made wit more quantity of suger na. shuo, which kind question b this. ok i will ask my own.sony tv and sharp tv which one get colour pass?
Why don't you just sharap, i have my reason for asking conyo
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by WesleyanA(f): 4:25am On Jan 07, 2006
2nde, if you couldn't sh!t for 3 days.that's constipation. means you don't drink enough liquid. it has nothing to do with sugar!.
i heard caffine/soda e.t.c have a dehydrating effect. so drink tons of water/ juice instead.
eat beans and fiber.
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by 2nde(m): 5:08am On Jan 07, 2006
i understand what you' all are saying. I didn't say it was because of sugar, i had an argument with someone and i wanted to know what people would say about it
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by dblock(m): 2:34am On Jan 22, 2006
Here in Australia drinks are becoming less sugary. it's all some stupid diet campaign. I love my sugar angry angry angry
Re: American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar by Rlst84sale(m): 4:14am On Apr 07, 2007
Most people don't  realize that 9 ounces of white sugar renders their immune system functionless by 30% in 24 hrs, and that is 1 can or bottle of soda. It is an abuse on your body stay away from it, it is an open door for the body to developing disease and sicknesses. The sugar your body needs is best found in fruits and vegetables, that's the sugar your body is built and programmed by God to break down and metabolize more easily.

Good luck to you.

(1) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Good Gynaecologist In Owerri / ULTRASOUND: The Practice & The Practitioner / COVID-19 Update For August 5 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.