Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

"We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC (13610 Views)

LASAA To Jandor: We Won't Succumb To Cheap Blackmail And Falsehood / Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet / Buhari: I Won't Succumb To Threats, Take Any Decision Out Of Fear Or Pressure (2) (3) (4)

"We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:11am On Sep 07, 2018
Lagos – The governing All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday said it will not succumb to pressure from governors elected on its platform and their state chairmen to accept indirect primaries as means of electing candidates who will fly the party’s flag in 2019 election.

There is a deep division in the party between those who favour direct primaries preferred by President Muhammadu Buhari, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the party’s National Chairman and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a National Leader of the party and head of its reconciliation committee and most of the governors led by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and head of the APC Governors’ Forum, who prefer indirect primaries.

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), had also advised the party leadership to concede to the governors’ demand, saying the party cannot afford to go to war with the state governors who are critical stakeholders in the party with just few weeks to the general election.

However, speaking with Daily Independent on Thursday, Yekini Nabena, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, said the party is still holding on to the decision reached at the last National Executive Council (NEC) meeting.

“No, we have not yielded to the governors on indirect primaries. The states will go and bring their reports and the National Working Committee will take a look at it.

“We will want to know why they want indirect primary instead of the direct primary that we decided upon. Because it is only when there is logistics challenges like we agreed on at the NEC meeting.

“Not that people will just go and do a kangaroo meeting and come to say that they have agreed on indirect primaries. The NWC will take a critical look at it with the State Executive Committee before accepting”, he said.

Also speaking, Prince Tony Momoh, a former Minister of Information and a National Leader of the APC, said there is no war between the governors and the APC leadership over the use of direct primaries.

He said, “There is no pressure or any war. There is no problem. People are just interpreting the issue in different ways.

“Let me tell you what was decided at the NEC meeting. We said we are going to have direct primaries for the presidential election and we also said that we are going to have direct primaries for all other elections unless where, because of the issue, indirect primary takes place.

“For us to accept indirect primary, the stakeholders within the area where indirect primary will take place will meet and decide that they want indirect primary. They will then write to the National Working Committee (NWC) which will now approve it.

“If the governors or state chairmen are holding meetings, they are not plotting against the party. They will be holding meeting to decide why it should not be direct primary. Because the state chairmen are stakeholders, if they decide why it should not be direct primary, they will package their decisions and send to the headquarters. Then the headquarters will look at and say okay, you can have indirect primary.

“There is no threat from the governors to Oshiomhole. Why should they threaten him? They are loyal members of the party and the governors are the ones who are in charge of the states. They are the ones who know where the shoe pinches. They are the ones who will advise why there shouldn’t be direct primaries in their states. So, how can they decide if there will be no indirect primaries without meeting with the stakeholders?” Momoh queried.

https://independent.ng/we-wont-succumb-to-pressure-on-indirect-primaries-apc/amp/

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by DEHVEHLOP(m): 7:13am On Sep 07, 2018

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Flyingngel(m): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2018
Yahaya bello will not like this. A disgrace to Nigerian youth.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Racoon(m): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2018
When lots of APC states have been adopting it already Well enjoy your self-inflicted anarchy & confusion.

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by SolutionMee: 7:31am On Sep 07, 2018

I'm using this opportunity to inform Nigerians to be very careful with this coming election. It is the only chance you have to free yourself from this herdsmen menace. I just read on Nairaland that the head of Adamawa PDP's Chairman's head was taken away by an unknown Fulani herdsman. They've blinded your eyes with the deceitful fight against corruption. The killings was abated because they want to win 2019 election first. Don't be too stupid to elect those that will forcefully take your life and ancestry lands from you. Your life comes first. Don't be fooled. Be wise.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by lecowas: 7:39am On Sep 07, 2018
Oshiomole is a mole in APC confirmed. Hr just want to scatter the party .
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by yerokunphilips: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2018
SolutionMee:

I'm using this opportunity to inform Nigerians to be very careful with this coming election. It is the only chance you have to free yourself from this herdsmen menace. I just read on Nairaland that the head of Adamawa PDP's Chairman's head was taken away by an unknown Fulani herdsman. They've blinded your eyes with the deceitful fight against corruption. The killings was abated because they want to win 2019 election first. Don't be too stupid to elect those that will forcefully take your life and ancestry lands from you. Your life comes first. Don't be fooled. Be wise.
A
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:42am On Sep 07, 2018
grin Ambode if he's wise should join PDP cheesy

Quote me at your own peril...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Homeboiy: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2018
Tonyebarcanista, I no tell u say uniben go win OAU

I have no business with Apc

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2018
Homeboiy:
Tonyebarcanista, I no tell u say uniben go win OAU

I have no business with Apc
UNIBEN shock me
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Zendinho(m): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2018
APC have displayed a high level of incompetence in their three years rule in all aspects of the Nigerian sector.

Its disheartening, pitiful, regrettable and disappointing that the hopes of millions of Nigerian whose yearning for a positive change have been dashed.

The disappointment in the hearts of the technocrats, elites, learned icons, gurus of political thoughts, social thinkers, religious scholars, the helpless masses and even the downtrodden is unimaginable, unquantifiable and unthinkable.

Despite these, some of us do not loose hope because GOVERNMENT COMES AND GOES..... APC CANNOT STAY FOREVER.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Homeboiy: 8:19am On Sep 07, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
UNIBEN shock me
That's why we are called unibest
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by ificatchmodeh: 8:19am On Sep 07, 2018
Dead party..

We all are waiting for the burial

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by KingLennon(m): 8:34am On Sep 07, 2018
Why are they so scared of direct primaries? I guess they feel they are not competent enough and wil not be voted.

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Hardewarlee(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2018
All propangada Shit
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Doerstech(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2018
2019 things
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by lielbree: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2018
Pls what is indirect primaries

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Pharaday: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2018
Then get ready to implode

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by BruncleZuma: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2018
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Primusinterpares(m): 8:50am On Sep 07, 2018
which one is indirect primaries again na?

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by danny56: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2018
Same APC......

Oya Mr. Lie come and tell us you guys are very happy!
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by frankwyte: 8:51am On Sep 07, 2018
I said it! Make no mistake about what is happening in APC! if want to know the truth do a background check on them on their Academic career! You find out they are mostly distinguished Oluwole smiley

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by GentleMoney: 8:51am On Sep 07, 2018
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Aydesmond(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2018
Abeg wetin b all dis direct primaries wey u dey see up and down.... Somebody shud explain to a lame me

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Neocotez(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2018
When it starts raining I will be under a big umbrella

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by NCANTaskForce: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2018
APC is a conglomerate of unintelligible hypocritical jesters who clinched power by merely whipping up sentiments and spewing of propaganda.

The average Nigerian is moved by sentiments...
That's the only reason Efe won Big Brother Naija

This is exactly the same tactics Atiku Abubakar is trying to use in his Atiku2019 campaign, since he has seen the clamour for independence in the SouthEast due to the unbridled marginalization.
He is fighting so hard to become the poster-boy of Restructuring.

Unfortunately, our mumu don do!
Back to the topic
Bukola Saraki is a backstabbing ingrate.
Everyone close to him knows that.
If he could run his own father down due to selfish political ambitions how much more Oyegun.

Next story please.

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by Firefire(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2018
Useless party of fraudulent rogues

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by RevenGeMission: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2018
I know you will work it out
Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by onlytiles(m): 9:00am On Sep 07, 2018
Whichever one they chooses, it makes no difference.
But I think this uncle Segey' PACAC is supposed to be a non partisan appointment.

meanwhile whenever you need fumigation and pet control expert. PEST SOLUTIONS INTEGRATED SERVICES should be the name to remember for industrial and domestic Fumigation and pest control services.
contact us today on 08169606527 (Watsapp enabled)

Re: "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC by 2016v2017: 9:02am On Sep 07, 2018
SolutionMee:

Mark Obi Resigns As Governor Ayade’s Special Adviser On SDGs / Okorocha: ‘Imo Owes Me N8 Billion. I Fed Myself As Governor For 8 Years’ / 2023: Obi’s Labour Party An Extension Of PDP — Sowore