Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet (26922 Views)

Dogara, Lawal, Aliero Move To Adopt Consensus candidate / Adopt Consensus To Avoid Dollar Rain, APC Chieftain Urges Party / APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by ijustdey: 5:56pm On May 31, 2022
Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet Over Convention

Following Tuesday’s meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adamu Abdulahi and 22 governors elected under the party, the coast seems clear for it to adopt the consensus option to select its presidential candidate in the forthcoming national convention.

During the meeting, which took place in his office at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the President admonished them to come up with a candidate that reflects all the values and virtues of the party.

Buhari affirmed that consultations will continue in the days leading to the national convention to ensure that all the aspirants are carried along as he advised the meeting to work towards the emergence of a candidate who can give Nigerians a sense of victory and confidence before the 2023 election.

A statement issued by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity) quoted the President telling the participants: “The processes for the 2023 General Elections have commenced in earnest and I note that the most successful political parties globally have always relied on their internal cohesion and a strong leadership brand to achieve bigger electoral fortunes. Our party, the APC, shall not be any different, more so as we are still implementing the blueprint for a more prosperous nation.”

The President warned that he will apply stronger control on the ruling party in his last year at the helm to ensure that it remains strong and united so that it can retain power.

He added: “As I begin the final year of my second term as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and leader of the party, I recognize the compelling need for me to provide stronger leadership to the party under this transition process and to ensure that it happens in an orderly manner.

“Such leadership is required so that the party remains strong and united. It is also needed to improve our electoral fortunes by ensuring that it retains power at the centre, holds the great majority in various legislative chambers and also gains an additional number of states.

“In a few days, the party will be holding its Convention during which primaries would take place to pick the Presidential Flag Bearer for the 2023 General Elections. This is a very significant process and its outcome should prove to the world, the positive quality of the APC regarding democratic principles, culture as well as leadership.”

The President appealed to all the Governors “to allow our interests to converge, our focus to remain on the changing dynamics of our environment, the expectations of our citizens and the global community. Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of the candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections.”

While assuring that the consultation process will continue to ensure that all aspirants and stakeholders are brought on board right through to the convention, he stressed that it would also ensure that any anxiety occasioned by different factors is effectively brought under control, “and that our party emerges stronger.”

Speaking on behalf of the state governors, Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State and Chairman of Progressive Governors Forum said the party must build on the successes of its recent elective convention, and the primaries conducted so far, “and come up with a candidate who will walk in the footsteps of patriotism and love for the country, which Mr President has shown,” adding: “We will support Mr President to have a very successful convention.”

Meanwhile, it was gathered that President Buhari has recommended that the number of presidential aspirants going into the party primaries should be reduced to a manageable figure with the National Chairman expressing the hope that aspirants can be pruned to four.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/presidential-primaries-apc-may-adopt-consensus-as-buhari-governors-meet-over-convention/

Lalasticlala

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Nackzy: 6:01pm On May 31, 2022
APC may adopt Buahri Pro Max

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Abfinest007(m): 6:03pm On May 31, 2022
Bet me they won't be able to come up with any candidate bcuz everyone got eir own candidate .

U think buhari that said they should come up with eir own candidate is a fool .he will later bring his own candidate which is d" buhari pro max"

11 Likes

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by MonkeyMods(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2022
My brothers and sisters...all these beating about the bush can only point to one direction and that is, APC will eventually adopt a consensus candidate and that's final!

And you all know who that is...

Wotowoto loading...

312 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Jamiubond009(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
Which of them is a match for Atiku? tongue tongue

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by brainbox34(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari has informed the APC governors that he has a Candidate in mind and has asked the 21 of them to support him. Tinubu’s in the Mud.

318 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Feranchek(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
Jona finally don win!! ����

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by DamianX: 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
Heart attack for Tinubu the south west drug lord

309 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by NigeriaB(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
I'm okay with any of these persons becoming our Next President...

Yemi Osinbajo

Peter Obi

Goodluck Jonathan

320 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Kollins11: 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
Nigerians go and get your PVC.

I did my voters cards since 2013. Infact I have all necessary identification cards. Here are the lists of my cards

- National ID card
- Voters card
- International passport
- SMAN - (Stingy Men Association of Nigeria)
- My personal business card
- ATM card
E.t.c..

Any card they request to vote Peter Obi, I'm fully ready.

#peterobi4president2023

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Sergio101(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
Ain't you guys tired of this

1 Like

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Tunechi5(m): 6:06pm On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by DrPurple(m): 6:06pm On May 31, 2022
During the meeting, which took place in his office at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the President admonished them to come up with a candidate that reflects all the values and virtues of the party.

Really?!!
So the party has values and virtues shocked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Belial06: 6:06pm On May 31, 2022
This is getting interesting
Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Gkay1(m): 6:06pm On May 31, 2022
Let's wait and see, to me PROF OSINBAJO WILL DO BETTER.

IF YOU LOVE OSINBAJO KINDLY LIKE
IF YOU LOVE TINUBU KINDLY SHARE.

140 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Abujason: 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
ijustdey:

Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet Over Convention

https://tribuneonlineng.com/presidential-primaries-apc-may-adopt-consensus-as-buhari-governors-meet-over-convention/

Lalasticlala

But Tinubu already said he will not accept the arrangement unless he is the one chosen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Whothecapfits: 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
Okay
Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Realestatevixen: 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Ochyes: 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
What
Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Built2last: 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
The North retains power unfortunately for all those southern players.

Question for all of your feeling cool that northerner won the PDP ticket.

Can we flip the coin for a second and use our tiniest brain

If a Southerner had done 8 years in office and political parties fielded another Southerner as party flag bearer, WILL THE NORTH not set Nigeria on Fire. It appears normal because it favours them now.

APC is planning to give their ticket to another Northerner. It appears Normal.

For a second, imagine Osinbajo doing 8 years as a president and ploting to hand over to an Igbo man or someone from Niger Delta.

Will Nigeria not be on fire by now.

The likes of hELL RUFAI would have gone to BBC Hausa to mobilise Northerners that the South is overriding them.

What you won't take from your neighbours, don't do it.

We all know the delay in APC Presidential primaries is that they want to have a consensus candidate and that candidate has to be a Northerner.

and don't come to preach competence to me cause the South is more competent if competence has a meaning in Nigeria

Shame on the likes of Reno Omokri, Orhi Uzo Kalu and FFK who were formerly proponents of fairness and equity now wanting power to remain in the North after 8 years for the sole purpose of selfish interest.

Orji uzo wants Lawan so he can be vice president, Reno wants Atiku so that he can end his political exile and return home with an appointment

FFK na anywhere belle face. I wont be surprised he might be decamping soon back to PDP.

APC wants power to remain in the North because Buhari feels North is more competent and gives them more chances of winning.

Shame and tueh on every southerner endorsing this charade that not a single Northerner will accept if its the south doing it.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by Kingcalls: 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
I can only laff at Tinubu and his 40 agberos grin grin grin

304 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
If APC wants a Consensus, then that CONSENSUS is Ashiwaju Ahmad Bola Tinubu.

As long as it's Tinubu, it's okay by us.

#BAT2023

318 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by sogodihno: 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
If the consensus is not Tinubu and Tinubu didn't willingly agree to work with the person, then Atiku should be writing his inaugural speech then because the party will scatter

18 Likes

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by dynicks(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2022
For the first time, I'm beginning to feel Bobo Chicago would be the selected candidate!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet by ighosd(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2022
Let watch and see how it unfolds.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation / Yahaya Bello Begins Construction Of Ganaja Flyover Lokoja: Pics & Video / Ondo Decides:report Live From Your Area In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.