Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

MY STAND: A Glimpse Into Why I Do The Things I do On Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MY STAND: A Glimpse Into Why I Do The Things I do On Nairaland (261 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / My Stand On COZA Issue / What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY STAND: A Glimpse Into Why I Do The Things I do On Nairaland by AmiableOne: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
Tip: This thread comprises four pertinent posts which are this opening post and the first three comments that follow. This thread is for informative purposes and can be viewed as a personal thread. Hence, the front page shouldn’t be its destination. Thanks! smiley

Having been an inactive member of this forum since 2013, I have witnessed many trends and times on this site. Around the period I registered, this section witnessed the activities of people who might now be referred to as legends of the religion section.

Bible debates were quite common on critical issues in Christianity. While I would personally judge a large part of their work to be quite helpful in shedding light on several grey areas, not much was done for the growth of the believer in Christ who frequented threads on the board.

This is not to fault their contributions as a single person cannot do everything. They did their best, and today, I dare say some practices are fast becoming obsolete because of their efforts. Nevertheless, spreading the light of Christ and his finished works in its simplicity remains The Message.

Lately, I have witnessed threads created by people with noble intentions grace the front page from this board and it’s quite easy to spot some inconsistencies. I’ve tried commenting a few times to engage the OPs but very little impact can be made via that approach.

Based on my desire to see Jesus glorified, I have decided to create threads to help other believers on this forum. I do not claim to have all the Bible knowledge or to be infallible; but every true student of the Bible ought to be willing to search the scriptures and correct his/her understanding of scriptures when necessary.

All my posts will be solely from scriptures and every position will be proved by scriptures. I will only accept I’m wrong where scriptures are used to explain scriptures. There would be no assertion from any popular MOG, no reference to visions or experiences or books aside the Bible.

Martin Luther puts it better when he said “sola scriptura” meaning “scripture alone.” No sentiments. No experiences. No feelings. No traditions. No denominational doctrine. No guess work. Just proper interpretation of the Bible devoid of additives.

“Why this treatise?” you may wonder. Knowing the way Nairaland operates, I’m painstakingly making this post because I don’t intend to respond to every kind of mischievous question, statement or aspersions on my person. I don’t have that time and I won’t engage in needless exchange of words.

I have a clear idea of why I’m setting out to do what I do, and I won’t entertain unnecessary distractions. This thread will serve as a reference point (as I have inserted it in my signature) for as long as I will be active on this website.

To cap it all, I invite other believers to join me as we take a voyage of discovery into what Christ has made available for us. God has blessed us!

Glory to God!

Re: MY STAND: A Glimpse Into Why I Do The Things I do On Nairaland by AmiableOne: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
5 Categories of People That Deserve To Be Ignored

Although the internet is a place where anything goes, Nairaland is in a class of its own. Anybody who has spent time on this forum will agree that it’s pointless trying to respond to everybody or getting upset about what an unknown person posts.

That said, here are the categories of people that are not guaranteed of getting answers from me.

1. People who ask needless questions because they do not stick to the context of the conversation

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

2. People who are in a hurry to comment and as a result make unintelligent posts

Pro 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

3. People who are contentious and just want to argue

1Co 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

4. People who are not believers. The intention is to not to engage them on things pertaining to the kingdom EXCEPT on threads about salvation.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

Act 24:11 Because that thou mayest understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem for to worship.
Act 24:12 And they neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city:
Act 24:13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

5. People who won’t give up a position despite having been shown from scriptures that they are wrong.

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
Re: MY STAND: A Glimpse Into Why I Do The Things I do On Nairaland by AmiableOne: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
Booked 2.
Re: MY STAND: A Glimpse Into Why I Do The Things I do On Nairaland by AmiableOne: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
Booked 3.

(1) (Reply)

The Battle Why Islam Is Rapidly Loosing It's Ground On Defunct Benin Kingdom / Why Most People Do Not Believe In God’s Existence / Strong Holds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.