Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,450 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days (18527 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu Took Nigeria’s Economy 18 Steps Backward In 9 Years - FIJ / 7 Banks Rake In N700bn Profit In 9 Months Amid Inflation, Rate Hike / Which Business Can I Invest With N350K To Make N10K Profits Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
G
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by bashir1451(m): 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
Take dem down
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by DWJOBScom(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
valarinz:
Which bank you wan port to, you'll still run away?

Also, did I hear you say gtb? Those ones never get glitches? You're a learner

I have accounts in about 5 banks and active on all, use all for online transactions and I must tell you, every once in a while, each bank experience their own fair share of issues.

You should be angry more at our CBN for letting them get away with shit, scot free

the horrors of GTB no be today story
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by dammypat(f): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
They did same to me in july,i made a complain, I filled a form, only for them to message me two days ago that they'll work on my complain next two weeks,im just sick and tired of banking with them
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by lamlek22: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2018
YouthsPC0:
I can stomach using blackboard marker to write my name on an ATM for years , i can stomach not being able to use my ATM for some online transactions when GT does same seamlessly, but for a big bank like FBN it is a SHAME.

First Bank is becoming very unbankable at atleast e-wise, as it is becoming almost impossible to transact any thing online via the mobile platform without glitches and disappointments, from ATM rejections to several other issues to numerous to mention.it is as if the Analog demon has taken them over.

When it comes to mobile banking their once flawless system have become a shadow of itself. I was in a remote area and badly airtime to communicate with my team on the 30th of August , with data on my phone thought it wise to buy airtime fast using First Mobile , The system debited me twice without giving the said credit. I waited for for reversals which would normally occur automatically within 24 hours but no show for 8 days.

I called customer service and after waiting endlessly on the line for first contact i was finally answered and guess what ! I still had to wait for a time frame that extended till up till 14 September who does that? Still willing to trust the First Bank, i tried again on the 6th and 7th that was how another 7k hanged and was told to wait another 7 days.

In this era of e-Banking Firstbank must stop playing catch up. The management of firtsbank must find a solution to this embarrassing failure which has now become a trade mark of the bank.

I cant remember the number of times they have swallowed my money without reversing but i said this would be the last . not in this Buhari economy .Those willing to get hanged can continue for me i have had enough!!!!!!
GTB has swallowed my 1k for two days now, no airtime no refund.

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by GCsomething: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2018
@OP

So sorry about that experience you have had.

The bank takes no pride to dissatisfy you than put you first. The bank appreciates your feedback so to serve you better. If you see something, say something. #YouFirst

Meanwhile, where this happens( against 24hours of possible reversal); kindly walk into any of its branch closest and most convenient to you to lodge the complaint.

There, a representative will attend to you for the reversal back-end with a turn around time of 3-7 working days. There are cases where it doesn't span to this period.

The bank is still positioned to offer you seamless but convenient transactions. The Firstmobile app is up and running and has more new features added to meet your needs.

Please kindly call firstContact help line 014485500 or www.firstbanknigeria.com

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by holuphisayor(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
UBA debited me #500 for airtime recharge which was unsuccessful on Wednesday...waited till today still no airtime. Then posted on twitter ...got my account refunded shortly. SMH
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by tivta(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Bawizzo:
U lucky it's first bank.....Eco bank ain't giving yhu an alert mssg, so yhu don't use it as evidence.

Speak for yourself, when ever I complain to them online about debit they return my money within an hour

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by AlphaStyles(m): 7:10pm On Sep 07, 2018
I love my ZENITH and UBA bank very fast and easy to communicate with
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by adedayoa2(f): 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
My own is #400 and it happened few hours ago. What do we do about these banks, imagine how much they've made.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by tammyboy1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
i'll keep buying recharge cards from road side sellers

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by cbngov01(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
Royalfurnitures:
This is Just one out of many cases of fraudulent activities by some Banks

Check out my signature for classy and durable furniture collections

It aint fraud bro...just walk into the branch and fill a dispense error form.in dis era of 21st century banking and with a bank like fbn who prides itself on security of funds, they cant debit u and steal it...Jah bless
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
Waoooooo. I have similar issues today. I try to load N1,100 . Network failure. I eventually kept trying until I saw 5 debit alert . That make it 5X1,100= 5,500. I quickly checked my mtn balance. It was N2:60K. Please where is the money presently hanging. How I wish is in fixed deposit with interest. Please help me with numbers to call. Thanks
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Donbigi2(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
I have the same issue. Failed pos transaction debited me. Mehn. Thank god I had cash to pay for what i bought. For 2weeks now. No refund
Nigerian banks are the same

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by JuanDeDios: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
Bawizzo:
U lucky it's first bank.....Eco bank ain't giving yhu an alert mssg, so yhu don't use it as evidence.
Udonminit!
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by nahzyla: 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
That is exactly what UBA did to me.
I tried buying credit from their mobile banking app but the app kept telling me transaction not completed, I didn't know the mofos were debuting me for all the ten times I tried to recharge while they kept telling me that transaction didn't go through.

They have collected my 10,000 now. I called customer care and one snotty woman told me to wait four working days for transaction to be reversed.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by sammirano: 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
If you are not a customer of First Bank, GTB or Zenith. Sorry, you don't have a bank account.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Ay04z(m): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lol...... i run a paypoint centre .i make alot transaction every day. I use Abt four banks app but so far i stick with only access bank. Dey have been good. Though dey have they have their own glitch too maybe once In two weeks. Not like first Bank who is just bull shit .
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Kharol1234: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
e b like say fbn follow for d banks wer dae owe cbn money dats y dem dae behav like dat...went der for my atm 2dy after standin for hrs dae said sumtin happen wit our machine cum bak later inside rain i just squeeze d atm form i fill and went home rubbish pple
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by chronique(m): 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
YouthsPC0:
I can stomach using blackboard marker to write my name on an ATM for years , i can stomach not being able to use my ATM for some online transactions when GT does same seamlessly, but for a big bank like FBN it is a SHAME.

First Bank is becoming very unbankable at atleast e-wise, as it is becoming almost impossible to transact any thing online via the mobile platform without glitches and disappointments, from ATM rejections to several other issues to numerous to mention.it is as if the Analog demon has taken them over.

When it comes to mobile banking their once flawless system have become a shadow of itself. I was in a remote area and badly airtime to communicate with my team on the 30th of August , with data on my phone thought it wise to buy airtime fast using First Mobile , The system debited me twice without giving the said credit. I waited for for reversals which would normally occur automatically within 24 hours but no show for 8 days.

I called customer service and after waiting endlessly on the line for first contact i was finally answered and guess what ! I still had to wait for a time frame that extended till up till 14 September who does that? Still willing to trust the First Bank, i tried again on the 6th and 7th that was how another 7k hanged and was told to wait another 7 days.

In this era of e-Banking Firstbank must stop playing catch up. The management of firtsbank must find a solution to this embarrassing failure which has now become a trade mark of the bank.

I cant remember the number of times they have swallowed my money without reversing but i said this would be the last . not in this Buhari economy .Those willing to get hanged can continue for me i have had enough!!!!!!

You're not alone. They debited me twice for airtime of 1300 each, making it 2600 and up till today, I have not gotten my money back and it's been over a week.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by ganie(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
I think Twitter is a better means of getting across to most organisations these days.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by ManIzHot: 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
had this same issue with them countless time using their stupid nonsense short code(*894*......#) to recharge........

several time i called my service provider(mtn) to complain about the itch....for the each cases they would check their system and discover the money never get to them...

so i would be like "okay it is nothing...." since it is 200, 500, 100, 150 etc

but come to think of it....alot might be facing this same issue....say out of out total population in Nigeria 20M people are using FBN....for sake of discussion 10M users are "e-otiented-users" out of the 10M 100thousand do have this this same issue.

Now multiply A hundred thousand naira with 100 naira 〓 10,000,000 Humm see legit scam relatively on daily basics

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by asawanathegreat(m): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
Digital thieves
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Isomerizm(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
OP, I had an almost similar issue in January. My attempted deposit into some online wallet failed, and the said amount was N5k. I tendered my complaint at a First Bank branch, and immediately I left the bank, a promissory message of transaction reversal was sent to me. It was resolved that same month. Got the money back. So OP, your money will come back.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by nelsonebby(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
YouthsPC0:

ah! gt bank na baba for glitches.
Only zenith works well in the country
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by distilledwalex(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
Are you just knowing this. First bank is Notorious for this act o. You don't even want to try their USSD code to recharge.. I tried using that to recharge 2k sometimes in the past. I was debited but never credit with Airtime. After calling them.. It took almost a week before they reversed the transaction and I wasn't even alerted of the reversal.. Same still happened yesterday albeit it was reversed within 24 hours.. Still without notification. Abeg their matta don tire me..
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Ten06(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
I'm also waiting for them to reverse my small shekels they debited last week, I have spoke to them and they said they are working on my complaint. But they should try and improve on their e-banking
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by tomiwiyu: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2018
embarassedchaiii I don enter am, same happened to me just tonight , thought it was ordinary network issue ,am not aware of there unresponsive network until I came online tonight.. First bank my #1000 oooooo,I beg return my moni
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Clue147: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2018
lakesider:
Go to the right place to complain... Is nairaland first bank.. Iranu

Re u so dull?or didn't u read the part we're it was mentioned that he complained several times?he has taken the right step to go about this people and for people like u,u still fall prey to things of this nature because you not the type who likes to learn

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by israelmao(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
Legal crime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Terms You Need To Know. / Tribapay Is Still The Most Reliable For Dollar Cards Because Of Customer Care / Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.