Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days (18492 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu Took Nigeria’s Economy 18 Steps Backward In 9 Years - FIJ / 7 Banks Rake In N700bn Profit In 9 Months Amid Inflation, Rate Hike / Which Business Can I Invest With N350K To Make N10K Profits Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by lonelydora: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2018
YouthsPC0:
I can stomach using blackboard marker to write my name on an ATM for years , i can stomach not being able to use my ATM for some online transactions when GT does same seamlessly, but for a big bank like FBN it is a SHAME.

First Bank is becoming very unbankable at atleast e-wise, as it is becoming almost impossible to transact any thing online via the mobile platform without glitches and disappointments, from ATM rejections to several other issues to numerous to mention.it is as if the Analog demon has taken them over.

When it comes to mobile banking their once flawless system have become a shadow of itself. I was in a remote area and badly airtime to communicate with my team on the 30th of August , with data on my phone thought it wise to buy airtime fast using First Mobile , The system debited me twice without giving the said credit. I waited for for reversals which would normally occur automatically within 24 hours but no show for 8 days.

I called customer service and after waiting endlessly on the line for first contact i was finally answered and guess what ! I still had to wait for a time frame that extended till up till 14 September who does that? Still willing to trust the First Bank, i tried again on the 6th and 7th that was how another 7k hanged and was told to wait another 7 days.

In this era of e-Banking Firstbank must stop playing catch up. The management of firtsbank must find a solution to this embarrassing failure which has now become a trade mark of the bank.

I cant remember the number of times they have swallowed my money without reversing but i said this would be the last . not in this Buhari economy .Those willing to get hanged can continue for me i have had enough!!!!!!

Same thing I'm passing through
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Akpasomething: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2018
@YouthsPCO

First bank is currently having issues with airtime recharge from firstmobile and *894#. I'm sure your money will be refunded back to you.

For the other issues you mentioned, I want to specifically talk about the online transactions. From my understanding, First bank MasterCards by default is valid for only transactions within Nigeria.

However, you can enable the card for transactions in any country of the world from your mobile app. This is aimed at giving customers some level of control over their cards and prevent incident of fraud.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Viking007(m): 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
First bank is the most useless bank in this country. I've been battling with this thieves for the past 5 days. I was debited 4 times while trying to pay for my DStv, I have mailed, twitted, called all to no avail. I've never seen a bank with such a useless, foolish and incompetent customer service.

I'm patiently waiting for them to refund my money before closing that account and change my salary account. I've never been this frustrated because of a bank before. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by somto811(m): 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
zinnyzee:
Eyah... Come to fidelity... We don't do disappointments
fidelity iz okay..but their charges are not good

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by modsfucker: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
The hitherto efficient First Bank has turned to nothing but a shiithole, yes, a big shiithole. They debited me of my last money at the ATM, on Sallah day, thereby spoiling my Sallah completely. I only got refunded few days back.

As if that wasn't enough, I tried to recharge my phone again, and they debited me instantly, but I have yet to receive the card, neither did they refund the money.

First bank is hiding under the cover of network error, to hold on to people's money. I have two FBN accounts and I'm shutting all of them down....

The next time I see a firstbank staff

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2018
somto811:
fidelity iz okay..but their charges are not good
That's why only rich pple patronize us.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Viking007(m): 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2018
[s]
GCsomething:
@OP

So sorry about that experience you have had.

The bank takes no pride to dissatisfy you than put you first. The bank appreciates your feedback so to serve you better. If you see something, say something. #YouFirst

Meanwhile, where this happens( against 24hours of possible reversal); kindly walk into any of its branch closest and most convenient to you to lodge the complaint.

There, a representative will attend to you for the reversal back-end with a turn around time of 3-7 working days. There are cases where it doesn't span to this period.

The bank is still positioned to offer you seamless but convenient transactions. The Firstmobile app is up and running and has more new features added to meet your needs.

Please kindly call firstContact help line 014485500 or www.firstbanknigeria.com
[/s]
Call which helpless helpline? Same help line that I just burnt my airtime waiting and couldn't wait any longer and ended the call? Helpline that keeps playing a useless song for more than 5 mins with no response? Or is it your Twitter handle that takes an average of 2 days to respond to messages? Do you people respond to mails apart from useless the automated response? What sort of useless barbaric customer service do you people run?

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by gidjah(m): 8:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Bawizzo:
U lucky it's first bank.....Eco bank ain't giving yhu an alert mssg, so yhu don't use it as evidence.
tought I was the only one facing this SMS rubbish from eco bank!! Chei this eco bank with Loud empty excellence!!. As for first bank ,they seem to be struggling to grapple with their new POS innovation! You go to collect money via their pos, you are debited but the pos owner isnt credited until after plenty days thus he can't give you the said amount because he hasn't been credited by first bank!! This 21st century banking is a scam!!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by somto811(m): 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2018
zinnyzee:
That's why only rich pple patronize us.
hahaha i use fcmb and zenith
at least they re better than fidelity
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by dykegabriel: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lemme explain this situations with bank debits that fail. No bank operates alone and monitors every transactions. Each bank use the services of other e- business service providers like Quickteller OR Net teller or MTN or AIRTEL or GLO. These interaction help serve each customer needs. Now for transfers, NIBSS controls each of them likewise POS. No system is perfect, so some network glitches may occur. Next time an issue happens like this, u just go to the nearest bank to lodge a complaint than ranting here because it will neva solve the problem.

KNOWLEDGE IS KEY!
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by modsfucker: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2018
dykegabriel:
Lemme explain this situations with bank debits that fail. No bank operates alone and monitors every transactions. Each bank use the services of other e- business service providers like Quickteller OR Net teller or MTN or AIRTEL or GLO. These interaction help serve each customer needs. Now for transfers, NIBSS controls each of them likewise POS. No system is perfect, so some network glitches may occur. Next time an issue happens like this, u just go to the nearest bank to lodge a complaint than ranting here because it will neva solve the problem.

KNOWLEDGE IS KEY!

Wetin consign you, is it your ranting?

Obviously, you must be one of those arrogant customer service staff, who have totally parted ways with anything professionalism.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
I had this same issue with UBA yesterday, mine was 4,000 naira.

I sent a mail after waiting for 24 hours and it was resolved in less than 12 hours

But I still can't fathom why such a problem must occur and what if it were an instant business transaction to be carried out?

That's how an argument would ensue over who is wrong or right..
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
YouthsPC0:
I can stomach using blackboard marker to write my name on an ATM for years , i can stomach not being able to use my ATM for some online transactions when GT does same seamlessly, but for a big bank like FBN it is a SHAME.

First Bank is becoming very unbankable at atleast e-wise, as it is becoming almost impossible to transact any thing online via the mobile platform without glitches and disappointments, from ATM rejections to several other issues to numerous to mention.it is as if the Analog demon has taken them over.

When it comes to mobile banking their once flawless system have become a shadow of itself. I was in a remote area and badly airtime to communicate with my team on the 30th of August , with data on my phone thought it wise to buy airtime fast using First Mobile , The system debited me twice without giving the said credit. I waited for for reversals which would normally occur automatically within 24 hours but no show for 8 days.

I called customer service and after waiting endlessly on the line for first contact i was finally answered and guess what ! I still had to wait for a time frame that extended till up till 14 September who does that? Still willing to trust the First Bank, i tried again on the 6th and 7th that was how another 7k hanged and was told to wait another 7 days.

In this era of e-Banking Firstbank must stop playing catch up. The management of firtsbank must find a solution to this embarrassing failure which has now become a trade mark of the bank.

I cant remember the number of times they have swallowed my money without reversing but i said this would be the last . not in this Buhari economy .Those willing to get hanged can continue for me i have had enough!!!!!!

OP na poverty dey rush you... So you want me to read this epistle because of ordinary 10k, please stop disturbing us here and send me your account details let me refund it for you.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by AdorableJosh(m): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
englishmart:
You were debited without getting the commensurate value of the debit. Call your bank for a reimbursement. Nairaland won't do that.

Did you read the part where he said he contacted the customer service? Never seen a more ironic moniker.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by lonelydora: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
YouthsPC0:

In this kind of thread, you won't see dingbang

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Samabu07(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
Shittaakeem:
GT bank did this to me yesterday I recharged 600 they deducted 800 without recharging my phone.
I complained to their customer care this morning but the story no be here ooo. Well Monday will tell.
Had same recharging issues with GTB. I recharged MTN 200 twice, only got 200 instead of 400.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by englishmart(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
AdorableJosh:

Did you read the part where he said he contacted the customer service? Never seen a more ironic moniker.
look at my moniker very well, where did you see anything that depicts smartness, or whatever. Your eyes are your problem.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by lonelydora: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
englishmart:
You were debited without getting the commensurate value of the debit. Call your bank for a reimbursement. Nairaland won't do that.

you guys won't understand. I am having same issue for more than 2 weeks now
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Gabriel6(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
please make ur report to consumers protection council (cpc) and they will be dealt with, search for cpcng on Facebook and make ur report, their numbers and email are also there, thank me later
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by banio: 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
All banks VTU are poo. UBA is still owing my #100. I just look am say na small money, b4 somebody go tell me my life story.

On the other hand all banks force U to get an ATM Card and they charge us #52 per month for card maintenance. Imagine all bank customers paying a mandatory fee of #52 per month
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by AdorableJosh(m): 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
englishmart:
look at my moniker very well, where did you see anything that depicts smartness, or whatever. Your eyes are your problem.

The 'English' part?
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Imustreturn(m): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
My own happen this evening ooo.. Bomb them on Twitter oooo
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by springtech(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
First bank used to be my best bank when it comes to ebanking /internet banking/mobile banking not until they chnaged their website in the name of upgrade. That singular act caused a major havoc to their banking services.

I will advise first bank to revert to the system they had in place in early 2017.
Whatever upgrade they think they have done is not working.
So it is better they revert.
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by collinsVP: 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
Today marks one week Eco bank is holding my 15,000.
Naira. A failed mobile app transfer which I got debited for and the money didn't drop in the the destination account.

My 20,000 was held in 2013 for 4months before it got reversed.

Immediately this one is reversed, I will shut down the account.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by ofemigeorge(m): 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
Yesterday they debited me 500naira to recharge my phone only to never see the recharge on the phone. Who to blame mtn or firstbank
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by dykegabriel: 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
modsfucker:

Wetin consign you, is it your ranting?

Obviously, you must be one of those arrogant customer service staff, who have totally parted ways with anything professionalism.

I can see u are pained by knowledge... ok
Also, ur views about banks are poor. u come expecting bank staffs to recieve ur insults. be guided... these are human beings like u
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by modsfucker: 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
dykegabriel:

I can see u are pained by knowledge... ok
Also, ur views about banks are poor. u come expecting bank staffs to recieve ur insults. be guided... these are human beings like u

What views did I mention in my comment? I only said lack of professionalism and rudeness, and you're already guilty conscience...
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Turboking(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
Shittaakeem:
GT bank did this to me yesterday I recharged 600 they deducted 800 without recharging my phone.
I complained to their customer care this morning but the story no be here ooo. Well Monday will tell.
my own GT palava happened today o .even as at the moment of writing this I'm yet to get my both lines recharged meanwhile acct has been debited
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by dykegabriel: 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
modsfucker:

What views did I mention in my comment? I only said lack of professionalism and rudeness, and you're already guilty conscience...

'arrogant customer service staffs'.... that is ur view

hope u are not an arrogant customer?���
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by Ashez: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
10 days small naaa, my own na since april 28, I don call tire, they keep telling me they will look into it, I don leave d matter for God my dear, first bank? Smh
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by engrjosefz(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2018
Me too, I was debited yesterday while trying to Top up MTN... No reverse payments yet
Re: First Bank Collected N10k Without Recharging My Phone In 9 Days by jaxxy(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lol good bt ancient and archaic bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SEC Seeks Regulation Of Digital Assets, Says $2 Trillion Crypto Can’t Be Ignored / MTN, Airtel Lose N479bn To Currency Revaluation / How Do I Withdraw Money From Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.