Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (108167 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by CowbellY: 3:16am On Dec 28, 2023
MzMisty:
Good evening.
Please I need your help and advise. I travelled to Mexico 3weeks ago on vacation. Unfortunately, I got robbed. Someone stole my bag that had my travel documents and other valuable items.

I live in Canada and I am a temporary work permit resident. I reported the theft to the police in Cancun, got all required documents to present at the Nigeria high commission to enable me get an emergency passport. The embassy said they don’t issue passports but gave me a letter to present at boarding.

I was at the airport today and was denied boarding.

Please can anyone advise me on how to handle this. I am stranded in Mexico!

Thank you.

I know it's been a while but the ETC given at the embassy is only valid for travel to Nigeria not Canada. So you probably need to travel to Nigeria. Get a passport and contact the Canada Embassy for a Resident Permit Replacement. So sorry and I hope you have had more progress with this now
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by sdavirus: 7:04am On Dec 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Mexico doesn't issue tourist visas to Nigeria. You need to get an American, Schengen or japanese visa.

You dunno what you are talking about. I was there for one in October

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Peaceifeoma001: 5:20pm On Jan 10
Hello everyone
Is there a WhatsApp group or something for Nigerians in Mexico? Or for people who intend to travel. If yes please add me +234 905 249 0457
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Gwinz: 9:34am On Jan 11
If you are in Mexico pls share the journey so far from the visa process and life in Mexico for ppl like us still trying to book appointment to the embassy...

God bless you
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by abobmoa2k5: 11:54pm On Jan 16
Gwinz:
If you are in Mexico pls share the journey so far from the visa process and life in Mexico for ppl like us still trying to book appointment to the embassy...

God bless you
Go and do Schengen visa and enter Mexico plz
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Gwinz: 5:50pm On Feb 01
abobmoa2k5:

Go and do Schengen visa and enter Mexico plz

Pls I got an appointment with the Embassy next pls wot and wot do I expect..

God bless you guys
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by icu4: 2:17am On Feb 02
beautyuche:
Yes we can not over emphasize this to enter Mecico you don’t necessarily need a Mexican visa. Infact they are not even issuing visa in Nigeria as it stands. You can still enter the country if you have a USA visa, Canada visa, Uk visa, Schengen visa or a Japan visa.
So you see the options are enormous.

Hope you are clear now.

Hello beautyche.

Pls I need a clarification from you. Based on your experience If my wife has our baby in Mexico and I am unable to be present for the child birth. Can my name as the father be added to the baby’s birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Gwinz: 4:34pm On Feb 02
So are you now saying Mexico Embassy don't issue visa to Nigerians again even after trying to book appointment since November and finally got an appointment from them...I totally dis agree with that cos i have a friend that got hers last year August...
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by abobmoa2k5: 4:29pm On Feb 08
Please how did you secure appointments at the Mexico embassy

Gwinz:

Pls I got an appointment with the Embassy next pls wot and wot do I expect..

God bless you guys
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by beautyuche: 9:23am On Feb 15
Hi Sorry for the late response.

So the name on your child's passport will carry the surname on your wife's passport. This means if your wife has done her change of name to your name and has a passport with that name then your child will have your surname on their passport. However, if your wife's maiden name is still the passport she hold then her maiden name becomes the name on your childs passport.

I hope this is clear

icu4:

Hello beautyche.

Pls I need a clarification from you. Based on your experience If my wife has our baby in Mexico and I am unable to be present for the child birth. Can my name as the father be added to the baby’s birth certificate.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by beautyuche: 9:35am On Feb 15
Hi Guys is there anyone that is cancun bound in May please hola......
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by integrityicon: 9:32pm On Mar 06
When last did people use France visa to enter Mexico because a friend of mine lives there and just told me ONLY UK visa holder are allowed
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by integrityicon: 9:38pm On Mar 06
beautyuche:

Hi Sorry for the late response.

So the name on your child's passport will carry the surname on your wife's passport. This means if your wife has done her change of name to your name and has a passport with that name then your child will have your surname on their passport. However, if your wife's maiden name is still the passport she hold then her maiden name becomes the name on your childs passport.

I hope this is clear

Please I have a France visa can I still use it to gain entry to Mexico a friend of mine who lives there just told me it’s not possible that only UK visa holder is allowed how true is that
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by integrityicon: 9:52pm On Mar 06
expertman:
Well in 2022 I spoke with ambassador too who affirm all Schengen and UK visas are welcome but seems slot of people crossing bastardized the process especially Indians .

Most Indians did fake UK visas to enter into Mexico .

Seems Mexico cant confirm any thing that has to do with UK at their entry port hence the reasons from this year.

I see a lot of Nigerians entering with Jamaica passport though.

Also if you have UK permit or visa and have contact of someone that can pick you up at entry port then go via Cuba and u won't have any issues .

Make sure u filled your mexico arrival Card online is what some people are calling evisa.

Shàllom

Do I need to fill the Mexico arrival card even when am flying from France
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by integrityicon: 10:20pm On Mar 06
segxi1960:

Tourist visa from Europe.

I will be coming to Mexico by 25th don’t mind if we can link up, hit me up on my whatApp +234816 will delete this post after you reached out!
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by integrityicon: 7:28am On Mar 08
Ok
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ifedolapo098: 10:24am On Mar 11
good day everyone,

My cousin is currently in the UK on a tourist visa, and she is one month pregnant. She plans to use the same visa to travel to Mexico for childbirth. Is this possible, and what steps does she need to take?
If anyone has information on how to navigate this situation, your assistance would be greatly appreciated
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Sh3ba: 2:37am On Mar 18
When I was planning to go to Mexico in 2023, I couldn't get the information I want in respect to visa. So when I finally got the visa, I made a video about it and posted it on my youtube to help someone.

Below is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50QoYiskWxc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by lily156: 5:47pm On Mar 21
Why Mexico? She can give birth in Brazil instead.

Ifedolapo098:
good day everyone,

My cousin is currently in the UK on a tourist visa, and she is one month pregnant. She plans to use the same visa to travel to Mexico for childbirth. Is this possible, and what steps does she need to take?
If anyone has information on how to navigate this situation, your assistance would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Imalo: 1:56pm On Mar 22
Hi all, please if I can get a France visa (I think it's faster to obtain), do I need to go to France before I can travel to Mexico with it?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by kjsun15: 4:08pm On Apr 30
I need booking for visa appointment. I want attend conference there in June. Can anybody be of help? It is urgent. The response I get from the site keep saying error network, try again later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.