Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland (7525 Views)

Ladies Only: I Am The Most Handsome Guy In The History Of Nairaland. / My Heroes On Nairaland / The Unsung Tales Of Peace Gate Oil And Gas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
Did I hear you say Jarus don come again with Top 10 Nairaland this, Top 50 Nairaland that? grin Yeah, you're right, I have come again.

After my '50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland 2005-2010' thread, I have come again with a chronicle of 10 men and women that have been doing quality job, silently, on Nairaland and they are not that recognized or known. They operate mainly on low traffic sections and have been great assets to Nairaland.

It may take days, or even weeks, before we have our final list. Your contributions and nominations are welcome.
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
1, BALOGUN: Ever knew NL had an e-hospital, or more reasonably put, an online medical consultancy centre? Ever even heard of member Balogun? Yes, Balogun is almost as old on NL as NL itself and his thread on medical advice is more than 4 years old! Yet, not many people know him or his thread. His now 60-page thread, 'DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE: FREE MEDICAL ADVICE AVAILABLE', is one of the most educative and enlightening threads to ever grace NL. He offers free medical advice for people not only on the thread, but also off-NL, for people that may not be able to say out their health worries. Welcome good-looking, Scotland-based Dr Balogun into our list of 10 UNSUNG HEROES OF NAIRALAND.

2, KATHYEKITI: Another very quality contributor in the Health Section, offering valuable advices to people on O&G branch of medicine. This she's being doing with religious vigour since 2007. In fact, as she mentioned in her second post, she joined Nairaland to offer this service, FOC. Introduced to NL by her sister, Kathyekiti, has e-saved so many lives through her vital advices in thsi aspect of medicine. And so unknown that not even this profiler has even heard of her until research pulled her and her activities out.

3, DRAGNET: Dragnet dwells in the phone section, where he has anything meaningful to say about virtually everything. He has been rightly described as the NL's resident phone e-engineer. He has solved many phone issues for many people. He is not known outside this section, but he has made NL a destination for many phone users. For silently putting smiles on many people's faces, he is a NL hero, even if uncelebrated.

4, CHAIRCOVER I was initially hesitant to pick anybody that has won 'Poster of the Year' award in a section as an unsung hero. That award, I reasoned, is enough celebration. That means the person is well followed and his/her efforts already recognized. But that is obviously flawed. A goldfish has no hiding place; a quality contributor is bound to be recognized at least in his/her frequent section, hence would have gotten nomination, at least in his/her section. Chaircover's quality contribution to family section has been acknowledged by many. Yet she is not so known outside the section. Welcome CV to NL's 10 Unsung Heroes list.

5, FOD: He has been on NL since 2005, very active, comes to NL almost everyday,yet has less than 500 posts, can u beat that? But wait, the less than 500 posts are more valuable than 5000+ posts of some people. He is a very diligent Mod that does his work with passion. Not the overzealous, attention-crazy type. He also frequents Sports section, but to the less popular areas of Sports like Australia open etc. He is a silent hero of NL.

6, KATSUMOTO: Politics section is one very interesting section, where insightful and witty analyses meet naive and sometimes mediocre remarks, all combining to give an entertaining section. Katsumoto is one of the bringer of the former quality. Yet, put up a thread and ask for the Top 20 posters in the section and I assure you that the name katsumoto will not come up in many people's choice. That is how underrated this guy is. Probably because he's still young on NL(joined November 2009) and may not have established himself among the well-known guys. But wait, Beaf, who is also barely one-year old on NL, can also be said to be said to be young but has enough popularity. A look through Katsumoto's contributions to issues in Politics and other sections reveals that this guy is one quality contributor with good grasp of events. He is also a good communicator. Katsumoto should be up there with the celebrated intelligent folks in the Politics section. He is an unsung hero.

7, NAIJACUTEE: Naijacutee, on NL since 2006, like FOD, is one silent moderator that has been actively doing a great job on NL.  She is most active in the 'less travelled roads' of money and business. She does her modding job with diligence, doesn't crave for unnecessary attention, and widely admired the people of her sections. Despite all these, less is known about her forum-wide. She is an uncelebrated, underrated NL hero.

8, INSPIRE_M: While Becomrich and co are entertaining us in the politics section and Sauron and Dayokanu are busy locking horns in the sports section over EPL/Bundesliga, some guys are in the market, negotiating, buying and selling. And I'm not talking about about Aba market. They are on NL like us but their business is to buy and sell car. I myself had thought NL life does not go beyond Politics, Religion and sports until I jammed Auto section one day, and that was almost 2 years after my active life on NL. I saw these people e-shouting 'come and buy my car, 500k', 'I have ToyotaCamry 2007 model for sale @ 2.5m' etc. That is their business on NL. This ection will give all the so-called hot sections a run for their money in terms of activities. And they have a king: welcome inspire_m. Inspire_m is a tested NL car dealer, that according to reports, has sold cars almost running into 3-digit on NL. Since auto-section is underrated, it is no surprise that their king, inspire_m is also unsung. Inspire_m is a NL hero in every sense of the word.

9, SIENA: When I did my '50 Nairaland Legends' thread earlier this year, people almost wrung my head for excluding Siena, who according to them, is one of the most valuable nairalanders. I agree with them. But the reason I forgot him is the reason he is unsung. He is not one nairalander that is so active outside Auto section, but in there, he does great job. He is an expert on any auto issue. He occupies a statesman stature among the auto-guys, but when you see him in politics, you will be forgiven for saying 'who is this one?'

10, MOHAWKCHIC:
Fashion, fashion, fashion. That's her turf. Did I hear you say where is that? Yes, fashion is another section on NL like other sections. Here is where mohawkchic dwells, offering valuable advice, making fashionistas out of otherwise village girls. She also initiates lively discussion on fashion and celebrities. Despite all these, virtually nothing is known about her elsewhere in the land.
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2010
Change the title to Top 10 quality job doers but somehow silent shakers of NL - 2010 version.
Too long? Don't think so. cheesy
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by mukina2: 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
FOD
Naijacutee
kathyekiti
Balogun
Mohawkchic
chaircover
~sissy~
mrbrownjay -
lalaboi
topup

will add as i remember. smiley
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
Ok seriously now. cheesy grin
Kathyekiti for her free medical advice in the health section
Funkybaby for her intangible travel and immigration knowledge
Justwise - personal enemy to all scammers cheesy
Lalaboi for his work on the naija music thread

Mukina, I will kiyu if you tif my nominees again. angry
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2010
mukina2:

FOD
Naijacutee
kathyekiti
Balogun
Mohawkchic
chaircover
~sissy~
mrbrownjay -
lalaboi
topup

will add as i remember. smiley

Justifications? And to think I was prompted to create this thread because of what I saw Balogon doing in Health section.
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by mukina2: 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Mukina, I will kiyu if you tif my nominees again. angry

take your time oh . .i posted before you angry cool

Jarus:

Justifications? And to think I was prompted to create this thread because of what I saw Balogon doing in Health section.
will add that later
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
Lalaboi does quality job, but he is too popular to be classified as 'unsung'.
Guys like Ajanlekoko also do quality job but they cannot be classified as unsung because they are somehow well known, recognized and credit given to them in open forum discussions. My Unsung Heroes here are those that are not so popular or tucked in one less-known section.
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by mamagee3(f): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2010
Debosky

Obongyi. grin

MrCrackles. cheesy
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2010
mama-gee:

Debosky

Obongyi. grin

MrCrackles. cheesy

Vintage mamagee. Do you know the meaning of unsung?
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2010
Abuzola
tudor
edoyad
ogaga4luv
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
toba:

Abuzola
tudor
edoyad
ogaga4luv

All these are well-known, and celebrated.
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Hauwa1: 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2010
Davidylan
All the food ladies on food section
will add more as they come to mind

support our troops
SemperFI
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by 190: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2010
what of 190
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by semid4lyfe(m): 12:00am On Jul 03, 2010
dragnet - Nairaland's resident phone techie'/repairer. He gives quality advice to peeps who have problems with their phones on The Phone Engineers Ready To Assist You thread and has repaired phones for lots of Nairalanders.

In short, if your phone spoil. . . nor waste your time dey find person wey go repair am. Just get in touch with dragnet grin
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by nellaluv(f): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2010
Dragnet (phones)
mohawkchic (fashion)- damn she's gooodd, yeah wink cool .
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by DrKitaun(m): 4:28am On Jul 04, 2010
Whoever mentions Justwise is as retarded as justwank himself . . .I too sabi attitude has got him labelling everything black !

Sung ? No.
Unsung ? Gerroutofhia !
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by iice(f): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2010
And people are squawking over the illiteracy thread. . . grin
Nigerian Education = The way forward grin grin bite me cheesy
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 2:20am On Jul 05, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Whoever mentions Justwise is as retarded as justwank himself . . .I too sabi attitude has got him labelling everything black !

Sung ? No.
Unsung ? Gerroutofhia !

Abeg go and chop igbe meeeehn. . . . . . cool
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by DrKitaun(m): 6:29am On Jul 05, 2010
This woman don see hin red flag again ?
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by xynerise: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2010
*hisses closes his hut*
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2010
Dr Kit, you don chop finish? grin cheesy
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by DrKitaun(m): 1:13am On Jul 06, 2010
I tell u say hunger dey worry me b4 ni ?
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2010
Yes. The way you were going on about my nominee, you were obviously hungry for something.
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by DrKitaun(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2010
Ur nominee is an attention LovePeddler, he is the mama gee of the travel section, only diff: he is an afficionado himself but tends to OVER-generalize !
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 11:32am On Jul 08, 2010
Well, his 'whorishness' has helped fish out many many scammers. All else are inconsequential. wink
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by DrKitaun(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2010
I hear u !

Unfortunately, no one knows who Justwank is except his ignoramus bootlickers in Travel section, hero my black ass !
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2010
Why is the matter paining you na? You've not even nominated anyone.
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by mamagee3(f): 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
Jarus:

Vintage mamagee. Do you know the meaning of unsung?
Who Cares?

No one is a hero through the internet. grin
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by DrKitaun(m): 2:51am On Jul 09, 2010
Spikey

the nitwit Justwank not knowing who I was accused me of being a scammer cos I told him not all agents can express themselves well hence they may sound unreal, I advised him on over-generalization, he opened a campaign of calumny on my person, but as God would have it, not 2 long after he had his fingers burnt accusing an innocentee . . .

If u c am, tell am say I JU$T BEGIN WITH AM . . .son of a ~ !
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by spikedcylinder: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2010
Ohohoh. It's a personal kini.
Why did you call me a retard then, for nominating him? You and him have your beef, fine. Don't insult those of us who don't have beef with him.
Simple. wink
Re: 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2010
Se eyin mejeji ntage l'ori threadi mi ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Detect A Fake One Thousand Naira Note / Who And Who Will You Miss Much If They Leave Nairaland? / Hurray! Mecran Slashes Price Of Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.