Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,388 members, 7,864,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Luca Moura Crowned Premier League Player Of The Month - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luca Moura Crowned Premier League Player Of The Month (305 Views)

Liverpool Crowned Premier League Champions After 30 Years Wait / Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen / Sadio Mane Crowned Premier League Player Of The Month Award For August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Luca Moura Crowned Premier League Player Of The Month by cheapgoals(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2018
Tottenham Hotspur attacking midfielder Lucas Moura has won the Premier League Player of the Month award for August after a brilliant start to the season, beating off competition from Liverpool duo of Sadio Mane and Virgil van Dijk, alongside Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso.

The 26-year-old has three goals in four game for London outfit, including two superb goals against Manchester United that helped Spurs to a 3-0 win at Old Trafford, and a brilliant curling finish against Fulham that was nominated for Goal of the Month.

Moura, a big money signing from Ligue 1 champions in the January transfer window, much was expected from Moura in the capital, but he enjoyed a slow start to life in the Premier League. He absolutely looks to have settled in now, however, with the Brazilian taking up the weight of being Spurs’ fundamental playmaker.

Lucas told Premier League website after being presented with the award.

“It is difficult to explain what I am feeling,”

“I am so happy because I know it is not easy to win this trophy. “I waited a lot for this moment and I need to enjoy and to keep working because I believe I have much more that will come.”

Despite the fact that Moura was given a chance in the first team thanks to Son Heung-Min being on international obligation with South Korea at the Asian Games, the Korean will have fight his way back to the starting XI.

However, he will have time to do as such in the wake of exempting himself from national military services by winning the Asian Games with his country.

Tottenham have started the season with three wins out of four, and face Liverpool at Wembley when the Premier League returns after the international break.

Source : https://cheapgoals.com/luca-moura-crowned-premier-league-player-of-the-month/

Cc: LALASTICLALA, MYDD44, DOMINIQUE

Re: Luca Moura Crowned Premier League Player Of The Month by mrjaydee(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2018
Mscheww..

(1) (Reply)

Libya A Serious Threat Than South Africa, Felix Owolabi Says / 2019 AFCON U17: Ugbade Promises Improved Eaglets / Ronaldo To Be Banned For One Game, To Face Manchester United At Old Trafford

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.