Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,531 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen (20719 Views)

Lucas Moura Adds To Jose Mourinho's Misery As Tottenham Expose Manchester United / Lucas Moura To Premier League? / Tottenham Interested In Psg's Lucas Moura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by ogbiwa: 6:03am On May 09, 2019
Lucas Moura "deserves a statue" after his hat-trick took Tottenham into an all-English Champions League final, says team-mate Christian Eriksen.

Ajax led 3-0 on aggregate - but Moura's goals, including a 96th-minute winner, took Tottenham through on away goals to face Liverpool on 1 June.

Moura himself called it "the best moment of my career".

Eriksen said: "It was a ridiculous game; we were really far down, we tried to fight back, we were just lucky."

The Danish playmaker added: "We had to fight. We are relieved.

"Today it was non-tactical, more of a fight and heart performance, heart and Lucas Moura - he's how we won the game.

"He deserves it, it has been a rollercoaster of a season, for him to get us in the final, I hope he gets a statue in England after this, we are blown away.

My players are heroes - Pochettino
Mauricio Pochettino, who has been Tottenham's manager since 2014, was in tears at the final whistle - and again during an emotional post-match interview on BT Sport.

He said: "The emotion is amazing, thank you to football. My players are heroes - in the last year I was telling everyone this group are heroes - in the second half they were amazing.

"Thank you to everyone who has believed in us. To describe this in words is difficult.

"They are all heroes but [Lucas Moura] was a superhero. It's difficult to compete at this level. I am so grateful to be a coach: to be in football and to live this type of football.

"We showed we love the sport and football. Today was amazing. It was a joy to watch this kind of game."

Always believe in this moment - Moura
Tottenham's hat-trick hero Lucas Moura, speaking to BT Sport, said: "It's impossible to explain what I'm feeling. I'm very happy and very proud of my team-mates.

"Always believe in this moment. We gave everything on the pitch and deserved this moment - we are family. It's impossible to explain, a big gift from God I'd like to share with team-mates, friends and family.

"It's about not only me but my team-mates and teamwork. Everyone worked really hard. It's difficult to play here against Ajax but I always believed in my team-mates. Even without key players we did really well. We need to fight in every game like this.
"The football is amazing - it gives us a moment like this. We cannot imagine. It's the best moment in my career."

Liverpool fightback motivated us - Rose
Tottenham's fightback came 24 hours after Liverpool overturned a three-goal first-leg deficit to beat Barcelona 4-0 at Anfield in the other semi-final.

Spurs full-back Danny Rose said his side had been motivated by Jurgen Klopp's team.

"We saw Liverpool last night, and it goes to show it's not over until it's over." said Rose.

"The gaffer mentioned Liverpool's display at the hotel before the match. The gaffer doesn't mind us losing but we have to lose the right way.

"We're lucky we've gone through and we look forward to the Champions League final."

'The ground disappeared from under our feet' - De Ligt
Ajax are top of the Dutch Eredvisie, level on points with PSV Eindhoven with two games remaining, but missed out on reaching their first Champions League final since 1996.

Captain Matthijs de Ligt, who scored his side's first goal, said: "It was like the ground disappeared from under our feet. So close. We were so close.

"Naturally it was deathly quiet in the dressing room afterwards. But, how painful it is, we have had a fantastic journey - and we can still become [domestic] champions."

"It was great to see the support our fans gave us; it made us realise how much this campaign has meant for them. If we win the title, I will feel very proud, and it will help soften the blow of standing with one foot in the Champions League final with only seconds to go.

"The game lasted five seconds too long."
Ajax manager Erik ten Hag added: "We were so close, we had so deserved it, but that last second...

"I told the players in the [half-time] break that it wasn't over yet; you could tell by the attitude of the Tottenham players that they still believed.

"When that ball hits the post from Hakim Ziyech, it's over and out for Spurs. But I can't blame anyone.

"We have had an incredible Champions League season and have grown a lot as a team. It is difficult to process."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48206555

3 Likes

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by logon599: 6:04am On May 09, 2019
To think Lucas Moura's career was almost dead and buried at PSG, infact that was why his transfer to Tottenham didn't make too much noise. Now look at where he is. Ajax's Dusan Tadic was sold by ordinary Southampton because they felt he wasn't effective enough, this season he's helped Ajax to the Champions League semi-final and scored THIRTY FOUR goals as an attacking midfielder.

Sometimes in life you might be doing everything right but the only reason you've not made it might be because you're in the wrong sector or market or location. Work smarter!

Get your professional Architectural designs from very LOW prices and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout the thread on my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

197 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by internationalman(m): 6:26am On May 09, 2019
Hmm this guy was driven from PSG because of one over hyped player like that and look were he is while his former club has still never made it past the round of 16..

May I and everyone reading this be driven to our destiny in Jesus name.. And may what initially seem to be a step down in our life turn out to be our break through...

I also learned a lesson from his case when we plan our lives, life sometimes unplans it and plan the one we never think of planning for us which eventually would turn out better than the one we had planned before

101 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by binsanni(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2019
From united to Liverpool to Tottenham
My last respect goes to the last two finalist
U guys deserve my respect
#NEVERGIVEUP

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by binsanni(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2019
#NEVERGIVEUP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by handsomeyinka(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2019
He truly deserve a statue..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by ShitHead(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2019
Rochas Okorocha can handle that one.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by FactBoyz: 11:00am On May 09, 2019
Rochas Okorocha can do the job

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by BabaIbo: 11:00am On May 09, 2019
Liverpool vs Tottenham
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by wakes: 11:01am On May 09, 2019
Ok
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by toyinjimoh(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2019
it's easy to become a legend at spurs
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by andysmith123(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2019
from zero to hero,and our dear ihenacho is still missing chances upandan,mtcheeeew
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by meekparagon(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2019
Spur deserved The trophy.
I bet you guys
Spur to win champion league.

1 Like

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by nichol17: 11:03am On May 09, 2019
Never give up in life, NEVER

2 Likes

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by derbykol(f): 11:03am On May 09, 2019
Okorocha over to you

6 Likes

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by quincyshakur(m): 11:04am On May 09, 2019
At dis point We dey good citizens of Nigeria are handing ova Lucas to Okorocha d statue governor....Him statue will b ready by next week cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by OhiOfIhima: 11:04am On May 09, 2019
Yes, that is very true from Eriksen
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by Carlyboi(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2019
Yeah he really deserves a statue Son was the hero against man city but Moura was a Superman last night!i have always believed the guy has loads and f quality no Number 9 could have finished those balls better Trust me
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by DivinePips123: 11:05am On May 09, 2019
Hmmmm...

Kindly check out our offering and money success story here: https://www.nairaland.com/5027994/welcome-world-financial-freedom
It's so amazing
Cheers. smiley
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by Larryslim(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2019
The amazing job Poch and Klopp have done at Spurs, Liverpool respectively, they deserve to win a major trophy.
Both managers have had 4years to build their team, and now they are one of the top teams in Europe.
I hope manutd fans can come to their sense and give ole the time he needs to build his team, but we seem very impatient.
We wont challenge for the titles in two years, but with the backing of everyone at the club, we'll be back.
Congrats to all spurs and Liverpool fans, y'll deserve this!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by Pidginwhisper: 11:06am On May 09, 2019
Contact Okorocha grin

6 Likes

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by Exponental(m): 11:07am On May 09, 2019
Is he from Imo/Okorocha's state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by chiedu7: 11:07am On May 09, 2019
Please can somebody pass the message to Rochas

2 Likes

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by Klassiq54(m): 11:07am On May 09, 2019
wetin concern manu here, ppl wey go disgrace england for barca side

1 Like

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by olujastro: 11:08am On May 09, 2019
Lucas Moura!!! Ajax played better than us but somehow we won eventually.

Been a very bumpy UCL ride for Spurs. Still relishing last night! I haven't slept and didn't go to work.
I have to go to Madrid for the final!!!
#COYS
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by loveadvent: 11:08am On May 09, 2019
i swear. lucas deserves more than a statue

1 Like

Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by Klassiq54(m): 11:08am On May 09, 2019
binsanni:

#NEVERGIVEUP
, wetin concern manu here, ppl wey go disgrace england for barca side
Re: Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen by jimi4us: 11:08am On May 09, 2019
Rochas handwork.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Deserves Place In Guinness Book Of Records - NFF President / Super Eagles 23-Man Squad For AFCON Qualifiers Released / Arsenal Fan Loses House To Manchester United Fan In Match Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.