Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State (2251 Views)

Resolution Of The Northern State Governors Forum Meeting / Adamawa Becomes First Northern State To Support VAT Reform / Kwara Is More Of A Northern State Than Kano, Bauchi, Katsina - Buba Galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by BafanaBafana: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
thebosstrevor:

yes indeed.Kano is more developed than other parts of Nigeria but how come all the foreign Aid is going to kano and other Northern state, all the NGOs are all based in the North, all the ills of nigeria all in the North. can you tell me WHY?
All foreign aid don't go to kano, and all the ills of Nigeria are not in the North. There are NGOs everywhere in Nigeria and not only in the North. A lot of foreign aid agencies are based in the north because of the crisis up there. There were a lot of them in the south during the civil war too.

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by BafanaBafana: 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
thebosstrevor:

yes indeed.Kano is more developed than other parts of Nigeria but how come all the foreign Aid is going to kano and other Northern state, all the NGOs are all based in the North, all the ills of nigeria all in the North. can you tell me WHY?
All foreign aid don't go to kano, and all the ills of Nigeria are not in the North. There are NGOs everywhere in Nigeria and not only in the North. A lot of foreign aid agencies are based in the north because of the crisis up there. There were a lot of them in the south during the civil war too.

Now, my question. Why is the rate of crime so high in the south east?

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by acenazt: 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Kofar Kudu, Bebeji. the poor people i saw in these areas were surprising. damn, i was just scared of Nigeria, i just hope we dont turn to liberia one day.
kofar kudu and bebeji only? Baba u r drunk. Go to bompai and Kano Municipal. And here's ur list

Abuja
Kano
Kaduna
Plateau
If not for war, Borno.

Lastly my very own small state where i assure u, u will find that despite being one of the poorest is surprisingly better than some states(i didn't call any name).

Gombe!

2 Likes

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by ikennamadu1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
i can tell you for a fact that most northern states have good roads ... some good infrastructure.. but the indigenes are leaving in abject poverty... human development is zero....
Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
acenazt:
kofar kudu and bebeji only? Baba u r drunk. Go to bompai and Kano Municipal. And here's ur list

Abuja
Kano
Kaduna
Plateau
If not for war, Borno.

Lastly my very own small state where i assure u, u will find that despite being one of the poorest is surprisingly better than some states(i didn't call any name).

Gombe!

you see FCT is federal capital, the rest places you mention are slum, i have been there and i have seen people there, develop your cities, lift people out of poverty then you can contest
Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by ikennamadu1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
acenazt:

Abuja
Kano
Kaduna
Plateau
If not for war, Borno.

Gombe!

my friend will you shut up... kano municipal is dirty... some roads are dilapidated... for example... kofar ruwa area
Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
BafanaBafana:

Now, my question. Why is the rate of crime so high in the south east?

the rate of crimes is very high in the north, when its comes to real killing, the north is a prime example of that, where there are lot of poor people expect crimes. i am not trying to incite any ethnic fight but what i saw in the north was damn disappointing, all the foreign NGO are based in the north, people living less than 1 dollars are in the north, the idp camps in the north, when will the north find footing in development and progress

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by BafanaBafana: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
thebosstrevor:

the rate of crimes is very high in the north, when its comes to real killing, the north is a prime example of that, where there are lot of poor people expect crimes. i am not trying to incite any ethnic fight but what i saw in the north was damn disappointing, all the foreign NGO are based in the north, people living less than 1 dollars are in the north, the idp camps in the north, when will the north find footing in development and progress
Ok, I feel you. Extreme poverty traumatizes me too. Especially when I see kids begging without a future. But that isn't the whole story of the North and crime rate up north is low. The reason why there are a lot of poor people is because they have a kind of contentment mindset. That is, no one will sell her baby or use someone for money ritual just to get rich. I am currently in one of the nothern states, I stroll to the atm by 10pm, withdraw plenty money and gallantly walk back home. I go to the market, buy lots of goods and tell the wheelbarrow pusher to go with them to the gate and wait for me. People up north don't lock their kids at home because no one is scared that his child will be kidnapped. And I may agree that Notherners have very poor people, but they also have the moderate number of middle class people and a large number of the rich and very rich people.

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by Linzo(m): 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
The truth should be told, there is no northern city you can compare with Lagos, Port Harcourt, calabar,Enugu or industrialized as Onitsha, Aba, Ibadan, warri or Abeokuta. In terms of human development North is zerooo, personal hardworking zero, poverty %100, education 10% etc

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by Edcure1: 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
thebosstrevor:

i say this because, i have never seen a progressive northern leader maybe except El Rufia, the rest are making sure Northerners get poor so that they can control them.
i now understand what brought boko-haram, you see Northern leaders love to play with fire but they dont understand that that same fire can also burn them.
all the ills of Nigeria are in the North, the poor, the fundamentalist, those who hate progress are all in the North and they will make sure Nigeria doesnt move anywhere
True talk.
The North is everything that is wrong with Nigeria. Every negative statistics reported about Nigeria are based on indices gathered from the north.

2 Likes

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Northern leaders are arguably the best in the provision of infrastructure. When you see the network of roads in many Northern states and then see the eyesores in many Southern states, including the ones that earn massive derivation funds from "oyel", the Northern politicians work more. The North's problems has less to do with political leadership and more to do with a dysfunctional culture inherited from the era of feudal lords where many of the peasantry show little upward mobility or ambition in improving themselves. Northern peasants tend to be very content with their poverty and squalor and attach little value to Western education. Where their leadership fails is often at Federal level where many tribalistic Northern leaders fill up ministries and departments with their fellow Northerners who often lack the qualification and technical competence of their more educated Southern counterparts and run down the institutions with their incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by Efewestern: 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Northern leaders are arguably the best in the provision of infrastructure. When you see the network of roads in many Northern states and then see the eyesores in many Southern states, including the ones that earn massive derivation funds from "oyel", the Northern politicians work more. The North's problems has less to do with political leadership and more to do with a dysfunctional culture inherited from the era of feudal lords where many of the peasantry show little upward mobility or ambition in improving themselves. Northern peasants tend to be very content with their poverty and squalor and attach little value to Western education. Where their leadership fails is often at Federal level where many tribalistic Northern leaders fill up ministries and departments with their fellow Northerners who often lack the qualification and technical competence of their more educated Southern counterparts and run down the institutions with their incompetence.

I quite agree with some of your points, but you can't compare northern terrain with that of their southern counterparts , with less money you can have a good and lasting road network, same can't be said in southern Nigeria, especially in my region.

As for the poverty level, I haven't been to any northern state before, but with what I have read, I think of all regions in Nigeria, they lead.
Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by olasco2035: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Kofar Kudu, Bebeji. the poor people i saw in these areas were surprising. damn, i was just scared of Nigeria, i just hope we dont turn to liberia one day.
oga I don't even know what to compare ur stupidity with... u only managed to visit some kano village... and u are here spewing thrash ode
Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by olasco2035: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
acenazt:

Abuja
Kano
Kaduna
Plateau
If not for war, Borno.

Gombe!
don't mind the stupid op....him never go tarauni, nassarawa,fagge, kano municipal etc...and he is here spewing thrash
Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by NASTYNASOSO: 12:40am On Sep 09, 2018
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

PEOPLE JUST CAME TO THIS POST RANTING POVERTY HERE AND THERE AS IF THEY ARE BETTER OFF.
JUST FOR A SECOND I THOUGHT ITS ADENUGA AND OTEDOLA MAKING MOUTH,
RUBBISH JUST SOME POOR FOLKS CALLING TRYING TO ACT RICH.
YOU ALL BELONG TO THE SHITHOLE RICH FOLKS WANNABE
Re: Please Tell Me One Developed Northern State by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
olasco2035:

oga I don't even know what to compare ur stupidity with... u only managed to visit some kano village... and u are here spewing thrash ode

continue to argue blindly. mention any place in kano that is developed and where you wont see lot of poor people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive: How Nnamdi Kanu Escaped, Made His Way To London, Then To Israel / What Will President Buhari Be Remembered For? / PDP agent shot dead in Imo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.