Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee (1222 Views)

Villagers Flee As Bandits Overwhelm Amotekun In Parts Of Ondo / Damasak: Boko Haram Recaptures Mobbar, Borno LGA, Scores Feared Dead / Boko Haram Recaptures Gubio And Magumeri In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by AllTheWayUp: 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Gudumbali is the same town where, in July, Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff, unveiled a cenotaph in remembrance of the 144 officers and soldiers who fell to Boko Haram in a single swoop in November 2015.

Haram insurgents on Saturday dislodged troops and recaptured Gudumbali town, the headquarters of Guzamala Local Government Area in the northern part of Borno State.

A source in Borno told SaharaReporters that many civilians and soldiers took refuge in Gubio while the insurgents raided the town.

Hundreds of displaced residents who had only returned to the town a few weeks ago were fleeing their homes in Gudumbali on Friday night when the terrorists attacked troops.

A source in Borno told SaharaReporters that many civilians and soldiers took refuge in Gubio while the insurgents raided the town.

"Last night, there was sporadic shooting everywhere as the insurgents shouted ‘Allah is Great!’” the source said on the phone from Gubio.

"Boko Haram has dislodged troops and they are currently in Gudumbali, the headquarters of Guzamala LGA HQ."

A second source, one familiar with the operations of the military in Borno, confirmed the attack, saying: “It is true. The attacks began yesterday and Boko Haram finally retook Gudumbali from the Army.”

Usman Mamman Durkwa, Deputy Governor of Borno State, also confirmed the development, telling SaharaReporters: “Thousands of people who were displaced and spent sme years in resettlement camps in maiduguri recently returned home after the liberation of those surrounding communities by our gallant security forces.

“However, I regret to confirm to you that there was another attack by insurgents on Gudumbali, even though I am yet to get the number of casualties.

Gudumbali is the same town where, in July, Tukur Buratai, Chief of Army Staff, unveiled a cenotaph in remembrance of the 144 officers and soldiers who fell to Boko Haram in a single swoop in November 2015.

The Gudumbali attack is still considered one of the deadliest single casualties of the military in the ongoing Boko Haram war.

The victims were among a battalion of 750 soldiers who suffered the shock reprisal attack after fighting for four days through a heavily fortified rank of Boko Haram.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/08/breaking-civilians-soldiers-take-refuge-gubio-boko-haram-recaptures-gudumbali

Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by AllTheWayUp: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
Haram insurgents on Saturday dislodged troops and recaptured Gudumbali town, the headquarters of Guzamala Local Government Area in the northern part of Borno State.

Hundreds of displaced residents who had only returned to the town a few weeks ago were fleeing their homes in Gudumbali on Friday night when the terrorists attacked troops
Buhari is a bastard

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by AllTheWayUp: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thunder fire Buhari insha Allah
All APC reelection rigging plans are backfiring

Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by Racoon(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by maximunimpact(m): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
Time to make some money

Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by clarocuzioo(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
Where is Lai Mohammed he should come and see technically defeated boko haram chasing Nigerian soldiers away.
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by centoke30(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
seems like Boko Haram can't be stopped by this government
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by seborrhic: 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
Though the innocent villagers deserve pity and God's protection,but I believe this is Karma at work:
Buratai has been one of the most incompetent army Generals Nigeria has known,yet the lifeless one has kept him on the job,costing lives.
Buratai has even been changing Boko Haram theatre commanders like one changes wrappers,yet the lifeless one cannot get his brain to process that the army chief himself needs to be changed because he is utterly incompetent.
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by MexxIT(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
I'm guessing dey will blame it on Saraki or Politicians again abi
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by Rilwayne001: 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nigerian Army will soon take it back from them.
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by Reinvented: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
Oturugbeke!

Where is safe, if Buratai town can be overran?

Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by statusquoante: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
Shame!
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by ignant: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
"Allah is great".
Boko haram obeying the divine injunction to spread sharia.
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
I was once tossed out of a flying plane. As I was falling I was hit by another plane. Yet, I landed safely using only my boxers as a parachute cool

Nigerian Army needs me!
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by AllTheWayUp: 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
ignant:
"Allah is great".

Boko haram obeying the divine injunction to spread sharia.
shocked shocked shocked cool cool
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
sad

This is why i do no bother applying for Jobs in Borno North and Some LGA in Borno Central. Bokoharam controls large swath of lands in all those areas. Al Barnawi embarassed

Make i still dey flex my relatively calm Borno South embarassed

Senator Samuel Anyanwu for Governor Imo 2019
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by horia: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
maximunimpact:
Time to make some money
you were so full of kindness that you brought up an ad into such an important thread.
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by chiagozien(m): 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
Allah bless boko haram.

The zoo must go down.
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by Mynd44: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2018
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by StillX10(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Very soon Buhari and APC will tell you that Boko Haram are no more potent
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by badmrkt(m): 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
Burutai claimed to have degraded Boko boys yesterday and today they showed up stronger. Pls let's vote Buhari again to continue his "good works".
Re: Boko Haram Recaptures Another town, as Soldiers and Villagers flee by Nkemtreasure: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
It is politically motivated. Abi Watin Una Want Make I Talk? I don go �����

(1) (Reply)

We Don't Have President Buhari's WEAC Original Certificates - Nigerian Army / PDP Has Won The Governorship Elections In Rivers State Already , INEC Confirms / BREAKING: I Still Remain The CJN, Says Onoghen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.