Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate (29541 Views)

Dumebi Kachikwu Defeats Kingsley Moghalu, Emerges ADC Presidential Candidate / Adamu Garba Picks YPP Presidential Form, Says Youth Have No Future In APC, PDP / Ypp's Presidential Flag Bearer, Prof Kingsley Moghalu Nominate' Umma Gesto As VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by lastclaire4(f): 12:22am On Sep 09, 2018
obailala:
But these guys pulled out of PACT before the selection process. He did no wrong.

Never believe these politicians not even the one still crawling. The guy has been in YPP. When I heard about PACT I thought it was a coalition of some sorts. He was already the presidential candidate for YPP long ago.
That is why people will not take him serious. Don't be deceived some of these political parties are formed for the major parties. PDM is an example of such. PDM was an affiliate of APC. The party was formed by Atiku. The intent of some of those parties is not to win. The party is more of a movement.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 09, 2018
gentlegenius:

There are things you need to understand in this country...

Being a President or governor is not just about sitting in the office to sign papers and pay salaries. A 21st century leader should have creative ideas and policies that will enable the state to catch up with the changing world. We are living in the Creativity Age. We don't need old leaders that will rule us with Stone Age ideas.Leading a country like Nigeria requires a lot of creativity and transparency. As a matter of fact, our youths are more creative and industrious than the elders. If you hear that a Nigerian has achieved anything creative or stupendous, it will surely be a youth. Even though some of our youths are channelling their creative tendencies into unproductive and fraudulent Ventures, the truth still remains that our elders cannot match the youths in creativity and even transparency.But the problem is that our elders already knows this, that's why they'll never give us the opportunity. They know that some youths in this country knows and have what it takes to transform the fortune of Nigeria, so they are afraid to give us the chance.You can't take power from them by force, except you are transferring the power from one elder to the other. The Kind of democracy we have in Nigeria doesn't permit a youth to win election when the elders are still desperate to rule. The elders are the incumbents, they have all the power, the money, the forces, the influence etc. They've already created severe hunger and poverty in the land so that during election, they can easily distribute the money they have to those who don't have in order to buy their power and conscience. Even the election umpires were appointed by the elders, so you can see why it is almost impossible for a youth to take power from them. For now, the best the youths can do is to take power by force from one elder and give it to another elder.Right now, all the major opponents of Buhari are elders... Meaning that if we can succeed in taking power away from buhari, we will only be giving it to another elder.Let's face this question: When the major political parties are about to nominate candidates for President, governor and other top positions, How many youths are part of the delegates to vote in the nomination? But once they finish selecting the elders as flag bearers, they will start urging the youths to get their PVC so that they can vote for people they didn't participate in selecting. This is how our political settings favours only the elders, so the truth remain that we are ready, but until the elders decide to give way, we'll never rule.

I have only 3 things to say to you

1. Nobody is going tohand over power willingly! Power was not handed to these old men, they seized it in their youth.

2. you talk about creativity of youth, are you seeing any creativity in their campaigns? Nigerian youth are useless, if you cannot show creativity and resourcefullness in your campaign for office, you are not going to do anything creative when you get to power. FACT!!!

3. Nigerian's 1st set of leaders from 1960-1967, were young men who fought the british for independence, i am talking about men like Enahoro, Awo, Zik etc these men started the fight in their youth and when independence came they were the natural leaders.

4. If you look at the list of nigerian leaders since 1967, with the exception of Shagari and GEJ (i will get back to these 2 in a minute) all of them Buhari, Gowon, Abacha, IBB, OBJ, murtala, danjuma, yaradua Snr were involved in the counter coup of 1966 as young men in their 20s and 30s who seized power in the way in which they knew how. These men have been sharing power amongst themselves ever since and even when compelled to handover have always been the one to determine who they hand over to (Shagari/GEJ)

Here we have a country where the population of people below 40 is 87 million and 1) the so called youths could not even come together to form an alliances (like the elders did when they were young) and take turns to share the power. 2) the so called youth party selects a 55 year old as their candidate.

and you sit there writing long epistle about creativity and ideas and taking power from 80 yr olds,, whose campaign amongst these so called youths has really energized or motivated anyone except "we are youth it's our time"....are you kidding me?

if as a so called youth, your campaign does not show creative thinking, then your presidency will not either. if you cannot capture your own constituency i.e the youth, then where are your votes going to come from? When you see the way youths are arguing over APC/PDP shows these so called young candidates have not energised their constituency. Everyday nairaland is on fire APC/PDP, with the exception of this thread, how many times are nairalanders talking about any of the "young" candidates?

Therefore if i were to vote for a youth whose campaign has not gathered momentum besides taking pictures and speaking English, then i will be wasting my vote because these guys have no chance of winning and my vote would be better served casting for the lesser evil between APC/PDP. Dont blame me, blame the failure of the youth to energize or show creativity in their campaigns!!

I dont owe you a vote simply because you are "young" and running, you owe it to me and to the youths of Nigeria to show creativity, dynamism and the ability to start a movement not just taking pictures in airports shouting "I am young vote for me".

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by madridsta007(m): 12:45am On Sep 09, 2018
bedspread:
With This young man as President.... Dubai will be Learning from Nigeria in 6yrs...

Most people know this— APC, PDP, etc. But somehow, certain strange reasons would make some opt for Mr Lifeless and others opt for Mr whoever PDP will throw. There’s something dysfunctionally deadly about Western-type democracy in practice in third world countries. What’s worse, in a country where which is yet to define its nationhood, this deadly poison has the capacity to make the nation stagnant. Like Nigeria currently is.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by IloveToMess: 12:59am On Sep 09, 2018
geometricaxis:

he was present at, was a candidate and participated in the voting, if you listen to Oby you will see that he was present at the announcement and he wasnt listed among the 2 people who exited before the vote

Sowore was not part of the process

watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy__g0Gtl0c
A process that was rigged, you expect Moghalu to stand down and fail Nigerians who need his rescue just because of some fraudulent pact. Why are you putting Moghalu down, Sowore doesnt have what it takes but you fools must look for any Moghalu thread to flood with Sowore nonsense, this is getting too desperate of you people, Moghalu needs to be given a chance to lead Nigeria, he has the uncommon vision the country needs to get out of the current insult we are in today.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by IloveToMess: 1:12am On Sep 09, 2018
IF ONLY NIGERIA IS NOT CURSED THEY WOULD NOT NEED ANY CAMPAIGN TO TELL THEM MOGHALU REMAINS THE BEST CANDIDATE GOING INTO 2019 ELECTION IN NIGERIA. I JUST DONT KNOW WHY THIS COUNTRY IS UNDER SEVERE CURSE AND TO THINK WE HAVE POPULAR PASTORS YET THE CURSE IS SO REAL. EVERYBODY IS SUFFERING BUT WHEN THE SEE LIGHT THEY QUICKLY SWITCH TO DARKNESS AND ONE BEGINS TO WONDER WHO CURSED NIGERIA TO DOOM.
MOGHALU IS THE ONLY MAN WITH THE VISION
MOGHALU FOR PRESIDENT 2019..

4 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Shakitibob0: 1:14am On Sep 09, 2018
12345baba:
almajiris and hausa youths no understand all this him big economy grammar, he should to kano first
Lolsss
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 09, 2018
IloveToMess:

A process that was rigged, you expect Moghalu to stand down and fail Nigerians who need his rescue just because of some fraudulent pact. Why are you putting Moghalu down, Sowore doesnt have what it takes but you fools must look for any Moghalu thread to flood with Sowore nonsense, this is getting too desperate of you people, Moghalu needs to be given a chance to lead Nigeria, he has the uncommon vision the country needs to get out of the current insult we are in today.

why the abuse? somebody pointed out that Magalu did not participate and I simply pointed out that he did. What's my business with Sowore, i will never vote for him. i simply pointed out that he wasnt part of the pact.

it is clear from your tone what your agenda is, keep me out of it. i couldnt care less about any of them because NONE of them have shown they have what it takes.

Sowore is a man whos role is to criticise but will be a failure in govt.

Moghalu has shown he has no integrity (a man who agrres to a process then pulls out when it doesnt favour him) and therefore no different from the current bunch of politicians.

Durotoye is too elitist and not in touch with the common man, in his own state when there was elections where was he?

Anybody can speak grammer and criticise and recite the problems every dog knows but None of them have shown the qualities neeeded to turn this country around AFAIAC.

3 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by IloveToMess: 1:46am On Sep 09, 2018
geometricaxis:

why the abuse? somebody pointed out that Magalu did not participate and I simply pointed out that he did. What's my business with Sowore, i will never vote for him. i simply pointed out that he wasnt part of the pact.

it is clear from your tone what your agenda is, keep me out of it. i couldnt care less about any of them because NONE of them have shown they have what it takes.

Sowore is a man whos role is to criticise but will be a failure in govt.

Moghalu has shown he has no integrity (a man who agrres to a process then pulls out when it doesnt favour him) and therefore no different from the current bunch of politicians.

Durotoye is too elitist and not in touch with the common man, in his own state when there was elections where was he?

YOU ARE A VERY INTELLIGENT PERSON JUST OBSERVE MOGHALU CLOSELY.
IF WE CAN HAVE A MAN LIKE HIM BACK TO BACK IN NIGERIA COUNTRIES LIKE SOUTH AFRICA AND LITTLE GHANA AND KENYA WONT BE INSULTING US ANYHOW, IF YOU ARE NOT ASHAMED I AM.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:54am On Sep 09, 2018
IloveToMess:

YOU ARE A VERY INTELLIGENT PERSON JUST OBSERVE MOGHALU CLOSELY.
IF WE CAN HAVE A MAN LIKE HIM BACK TO BACK IN NIGERIA COUNTRIES LIKE SOUTH AFRICA AND LITTLE GHANA AND KENYA WONT BE INSULTING US ANYHOW, IF YOU ARE NOT ASHAMED I AM.

my friend please use your brain or go to sleep. I dont know moghalu but this country does not lack intelligent people but if you cannot pull a crowd 5 months to elections, you dont need a fortune teller you are NOT going to win. Elections are won by people who can mobilise the electorate and as at 2 weeks ago i had never even heard of him so again I dont care how intelligent or well meaning he is or for that matter Sowore or Durotoye.

If you cannot pull crowds you aint winning no election simple as!!!.......get that into your thick skull....goodnight!!!

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by IloveToMess: 2:01am On Sep 09, 2018
geometricaxis:

my friend please use your brain or go to sleep. I dont know moghalu but this country does not lack intelligent people but if you cannot pull a crowd 5 months to elections, you dont need a fortune teller you are NOT going to win. Elections are won by people who can mobilise the electorate and as at 2 weeks ago i had never even heard of him so again I dont care how intelligent or well meaning he is or for that matter Sowore or Durotoye.

If you cannot pull crowds you aint winning no election simple as!!!.......get that into your thick skull....goodnight!!!
WHY ARE YOU NOW RESORTING TO INSULTS
OK YOU MOBILIZE FOR MOGHALU, THATS WHY YOU ARE THERE, WE MUST START FROM SOMEWHERE.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by abbey621(m): 3:40am On Sep 09, 2018
A 55 year old is represnting the party of youths, hahaha Nigerians we are truly screwed grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by SeanDada1(m): 4:36am On Sep 09, 2018
TheAngry1:
He lost my respect when he denigrated the PACT process which he actively took part in...I would have still loved him to contest despite the 'loss', but he displayed a lack of INTEGRITY, TACT and COURTESY in his handling of the events that followed...he lost me...Good luck to him.

Is the inexperienced Fela Durotoye better than Kingsley Moghalu in terms of experience in leadership? How many people has Fela Durotoye led before? You think its by blackmailing past presidents like GEJ and commanding large group of people on twitter you don't see or know about that makes you a leader? Let's forget sentiments. I knew he's not going to emerge as the PACT consensus candidate. He also knew too from time immemorial.. YPP is good for him. He took the right decision. He's more experienced and charismatic than FELA DUROTOYE!!!! Take it or leave it...

2 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by SeanDada1(m): 4:40am On Sep 09, 2018
SeanDada1:

Is the inexperienced Fela Durotoye better than Kingsley Moghalu in terms of experience in leadership? How many people has Fela Durotoye led before? You think its by blackmailing past presidents like GEJ and commanding large group of people on twitter you don't see or know about that makes you a leader? Let's forget sentiments. I knew he's not going to emerge as the PACT consensus candidate. He also knew too from time immemorial.. YPP is good for him. He took the right decision. He's more experienced and charismatic than FELA DUROTOYE!!!! Take it or leave it...
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Ballmer: 5:23am On Sep 09, 2018
geometricaxis:
only in Nigeria is a 55yr old man young!

Gowon was head of state at 32
Murtala was head of state at 37
OBJ was head of state at 38
IBB was head of state at 44
Buhari was head of state at 42

Tafa balewa became prime minister at 48, had finished dying at 54 and this one is a youth at 55?

Amazing!

How old is Trump again ?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Ballmer: 5:27am On Sep 09, 2018
bedspread:
With This young man as President.... Dubai will be Learning from Nigeria in 6yrs...

Metuh:
This man will have my vote. Enough of the lifeless President reign.
He is a deviation from the normal APC and PDP recycled old leaders.
He is young, educated, vibrant, modern and intelligent too.
I hope Zombies won't say there wasn't another choice apart from Buhari o?

Rex123:
It would be a remarkable experience if the Nigerian electorates boycott our old politicians and vote for some fresh blood. Well, this is a dream but if it could happen, the political scape of Nigeria would be forever changed. I hope religion and ethnicity go let us break free from our oppressors.

Will that be because he is Igbo ?

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Ballmer: 5:44am On Sep 09, 2018
Okwyjesus:

This are the kind of leader we want. His type changed Singapore and made her an envy of nation.

But this is Nigeria and we know he won't win. They will first of all ask where he is from. And once they heard IGBO MAN. That's the end even if he like let his idea be flowing from PH to Sokoto.
I use to believe in one better Nigeria but this guy's made me feel as if l don't know what is good for me.

Is he not and why did he pull out of the PAC pact after losing ? Does that not tell he as little integrity if he can not honor his own words n you want Nigeria to honor him simply because he’s Igbo
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Ballmer: 5:52am On Sep 09, 2018
SeanDada1:

I tot election should be won by votes but obviously to many of you Igbo it should be won by charisma now ba but when the favor is returned in the future I hope you will be here to defend how charismatic the Yoruba who backed out of an accord he duly signed to be bound by is then.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by chrizzyace: 7:13am On Sep 09, 2018
Homeboiy:
He will not win a ward

same as sowore

I tire for people like you...

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by chrizzyace: 7:15am On Sep 09, 2018
Ventura1:
Nice one, but candidly only Sowore has the ability and attitude to wrestle this powerful godfathers and cabal!

On Sowore I Stand

I agree... and he’s the only man that knows how to tell those corrupt politicians the “Bitter Truth”

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by chrizzyace: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2018
I prefer to vote for someone not in the party of apc or pdp... we need a new beginning. The time is now!!! We need to shun the attitude of by fire by force running the country for 8 years...

Any present who doesn’t deliver within his or her 4 years, vote him with immediate effect.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Ghost01(m): 7:24am On Sep 09, 2018
3kay945:

Your reasoning is amusing. Such a pity
If you are convinced by this facade, then you need a lot to learn.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by jessedaflow: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2018
Hausa/fulani people no even knw weda ypp dey exist all they knw is same old folks rulling dem,buhari,etc..feudal mindset
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by 3kay945(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2018
Ghost01:
If you are convinced by this facade, then you need a lot to learn.

Learn from what exactly So educated and vibrant Nigerian should not aspire for a post that demand sound intelligence?

You desire to keep recycling the likes of Buhari and atiku etc... Cause of whatever reasons you have in your head that is only peculiar to them?
I repeat, It's just a pity!
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Ghost01(m): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2018
3kay945:

Learn from what exactly So educated and vibrant Nigerian should not aspire for a post that demand sound intelligence?

You desire to keep recycling the likes of Buhari and atiku etc... Cause of whatever reasons you have in your head that is only peculiar to them?
I repeat, It's just a pity!
Every Nigerian can aspire to leadership positions. This is a democracy. The show becomes laughable when someone who cannot win the councillorship position in his or her local ward starts contesting for the presidency on the basis of a CV. Politics is a game of numbers. We know them; when they start like this, it's all for one appointment or the other. And the way Moghalu pulled out of PACT shows he is no different from a Saraki or an Atiku or a Buhari or Duke.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

Amazing!

How old is Trump again ?
Trump never claimed to represent the youth so i dont see your point?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
Former CBN deputy governor, Kingsley Moghalu who made headlines few days ago after pulling out of a pact that saw Fela Durotoye become a consensus presidential candidate, has gone ahead to emerge the presidential candidate of the Young Progressive Party.

The former UN officer who scored 243 votes out of 253 accredited delegates, after his only opponent, Mr Donald Igwegbu, stepped down for him, emerged YPP presidential candidate through delegates election at the party’s first National Convention and Presidential Primaries on Saturday in Abuja.

NAN reported that in his acceptance speech, Kingsley Moghalu who had expressed worry about non-signing of the Amended Electoral Act Bill by President Muhammadu Buhari, said Nigeria needed a leader of international repute, not politicians that had failed the country.

“More than ever before, Nigeria needs to be driven by a vision, informed by a worldview that determines everything else.

“Up till about 40 years ago, China was viewed as a basket case; overpopulated, unproductive and ruined economically by policies of the decades prior to that.

“Today, they snap their fingers and nearly every single African Head of state shows up in China with their hands out, eager for Chinese largesse. That’s what a country driven by a worldview can achieve.

“In accepting the presidential ticket of this great party, I stand here before you to say that Nigeria is fully capable of achieving greatness at home and abroad in our lifetimes.

“But this cannot happen with the normal way of doing things, the so-called Nigerian way.”

Moghalu said that he joined the YPP because he believed the party would live up to its name of being progressive, as well as be an agent of raising standards across the board for politics and policy.

He said that it was time for the country to close the era of waste, corruption, and incompetence that held Nigeria back from achieving its potential.

“It is a choice between remaining a mere fractious assortment of ethnicities and religious on one hand and building a real nation on the other.

“It is a choice between freedom and slavery under our recycled and corrupt politicians; between poverty and prosperity for our masses of the poor, and the unemployed, and between stability and continuing instability of the Nigeria state.”

https://lailasnews.com/kingsley-moghalu-emerges-ypp-presidential-candidate/

lalasticlala

let's put sentiments and ethno-religion affiliation aside,Kingsley Moghalu seems to be a well suited guy that understands what is wrong with Nigeria and how to go about based on his antecedents.
Tope Fasau comes a close second to me and I don't really know who to choose between Fela Durotoye and Sowore because I think both seem good to go,b I don't really trust them based on certain facts and factors that emerge some time ago.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 09, 2018
IloveToMess:

WHY ARE YOU NOW RESORTING TO INSULTS
OK YOU MOBILIZE FOR MOGHALU, THATS WHY YOU ARE THERE, WE MUST START FROM SOMEWHERE.

IloveToMess:

You came into a thread and your 1st response to my post was to insult me and you expect me not to insult you...MOR*N!!

again do not let your predjudices and tribal sentiments overcome your brain. I never said anything in support of Sowore, Durotoye or Moghalu. I said all of them are not the messiah but you chose to see what you wanted because you are clearly a SE whose brain (if you have any) disengages as soon as tribe is involved.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by RichardRandy: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by RichardRandy: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2018
vote him
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by RichardRandy: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2018
how
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Esthy96: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2018
innobets:
Good and credible candidates always end up in the wrong party.. Moughalu.. Sowore.. ...

PDP +APC are the only active party for presidential seat.. Other parties just wan create awareness

check ur mail, i have something for u.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate by Bellotelli: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2018
I am from the north and you have my vote.. including my goons cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Governors Set For Battle With Oshiomhole / Igbo Group Protests In Support Of El-Zakzaky And IMN (Photos) / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.