Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member (50625 Views)

List Of All CDS Groups And Their Functions / Which Is The Best CDS Group For Corpers? / 4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by gevans(m): 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
oyonu:

Sweep ke? Well as for me, I never swept all I did was supervise the sweepers
Hmmmm Clo!
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by benob(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
gevans:

Service was great! SERVICOM also known as Service Delivery cds group is one of the best cds group CMs can join. its activities cut across all cds and it include: sensitization, training and restraining etc. yes u can change CDS group it is very possible.

God bless Nigeria
Thanks bro
Wanna change to frsc of possible
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by oyonu(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
gevans:
Hmmmm Clo!

No o, I was not a Clo. Was just a stubborn corper as at then
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by gevans(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
benob:

Thanks bro
Wanna change to frsc of possible

Just meet your LGI, give him cogent reasons why you wanna change cds. In same have a chat with road safety cds Supervisor and her president they will be of help to u. I wish u all the best.

God bless Nigeria
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by gevans(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
oyonu:

No o, I was not a Clo. Was just a stubborn corper as at then
It clear like DVD

God bless Nigeria
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by benob(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2018
gevans:

Just meet your LGI, give him cogent reasons why you wanna change cds. In same have a chat with road safety cds Supervisor and her president they will be of help to u. I wish u all the best.

God bless Nigeria
They said frsc is special cds and they give the form in camp, just met with someone that's works here, will it be the same report if I meet with lgi
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by gevans(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2018
benob:

They said frsc is special cds and they give the form in camp, just met with someone that's works here, will it be the same report if I meet with lgi

No, I have FRSC guys who did not obtain such form while they were in camp. Just meet LGI and probably consult the FRSC cds President.
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by benob(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2018
gevans:

No, I have FRSC guys who did not obtain such form while they were in camp. Just meet LGI and probably consult the FRSC cds President.
Did you serve in lagos?
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by gevans(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2018
benob:
Did you serve in lagos?
No, but I live in Lagos
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by bravesoul247(m): 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Lol. Not at all.
Lucky you. I thought nursery 2, thank God I didn't commit suicide outta frustration from those kids..
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by tolulope1990(m): 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
Paul112:
no na LAWMA u 4 say
You will be alright last last
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:50am On Sep 12, 2018
bravesoul247:
Lucky you. I thought nursery 2, thank God I didn't commit suicide outta frustration from those kids..

You taught nursery 2? Hehehehe... for one whole year! Even though I'm a woman, I can't even imagine myself going through that. You must have learnt a thing or two about dealing with kids. smiley
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by bravesoul247(m): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

You taught nursery 2? Hehehehe... for one whole year! Even though I'm a woman, I can't even imagine myself going through that. You must have learnt a thing or two about dealing with kids. smiley
for one whole year o. You know, what doesn't kill one makes one stronger lol. Anyway, I earned a lot of respeck from my peers and school officials for still staying instead of running away. But those children aint kids o, better matured children way you de see so, the eldest in my class was around 9 years old I think.

1 Like

Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
bravesoul247:
for one whole year o. You know, what doesn't kill one makes one stronger lol. Anyway, I earned a lot of respeck from my peers and school officials for still staying instead of running away. But those children aint kids o, better matured children way you de see so, the eldest in my class was around 9 years old I think.

9-year-old in Nursery 2?
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by bravesoul247(m): 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

9-year-old in Nursery 2?
well, I was baffled as you are. Well, you won't blame them, they ain't as enlightened as Lagos folks, remember I said it was in the interior part of Cross River State.
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2018
bravesoul247:
well, I was baffled as you are. Well, you won't blame them, they ain't as enlightened as Lagos folks, remember I said it was in the interior part of Cross River State.

Hmm. Okay.
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by johnkay4christ(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
What about EDG
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by bravesoul247(m): 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Hmm. Okay.
would love to chat with you outside this forum... Hope you don't mind if I ask for your number? smiley
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by xdeelala: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
I mate this lovely military babe in nysc camp.we Bleep well well.but the babe get crase for head.

1 Like

Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
bravesoul247:
would love to chat with you outside this forum... Hope you don't mind if I ask for your number? smiley

Lol.
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by bravesoul247(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Lol.
I'll take that as a yes grin... I'll just drop my number, if you drop yours here I can assure of of 1 million phone calls before the end of today from guys spying on our chats lol.. 08137137224

1 Like

Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by gappp: 12:37am On Sep 23, 2018
anti corruption
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by Epatty(f): 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
24hoursreporter:
NYSC is a phase every Nigerian graduate must undergo before proceeding to the Labour Market. Especially, graduates who are less than 30 years. As a matter of fact, participation in the National Youth Service Scheme is compulsory for any Nigerian graduate who wishes to work in Nigeria. However, this article will focus on the best CDS groups to join as a corp member.

The community development service (CDS) is one of the cardinal programmes of NYSC. The other three are; Orientation programme, Place of primary assignment and passing out parade.

Sometimes, the CDS you belong to during your service year can develop you professionally. This is why we have come up with this list of 7 best CDS group to join as a corp member.

Top 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member

#1. NDLEA

NDLEA is one of the best CDS groups to join as a corp member. Outside of the fact that you will learn more from the group, you will definitely have the opportunity to sensitize people on the negative effect of hard drugs.

Members of this CDS always campaign against hard drugs. Sometimes, they go to school and other public places for the campaign against hard drugs and drugs abuse.

#2. EFCC

EFCC is also a top-notch CDS group to belong during your NYSC. Consider yourself very lucky if you are in this CDS. Corp members in this group always campaign against corruption.

Most times, they go to schools to sensitize them on the negative effect of corruption in the society. It is a very educative CDS that corp members will actually learn a lot from.

#3. Red Cross

This is also among the best CDS groups to join as a corp member. However, corp members with medical background are often posted to this group since it is health related.

They constantly engage in health outreach, administration of first aid and more importantly setting up clinics for the NYSC secretariat.

#4. Road Safety Group

Road safety group is another great CDS group to belong during NYSC. They help in traffic control, administer first aid to accident victims, create traffic awareness in schools and more importantly, establishing road safety clubs in schools.

#5. HIV/AIDS

HIV/AIDS is obviously one of the best CDS groups to join as a corp member. They constantly sensitize the general public on HIV and other STDs. Also, they establish Peer Education Trainers (PET) in schools.

#6. NEMA

NEMA is another amazing CDS group to join as a corp member. Members of this group aids in disaster management. The experience and knowledge you will get in this group will help you throughout your lifetime.

#7. Editorial Group

This is the media group of NYSC. The CDS group are called OBS in camp. They do the Radio, TV, and publications. Therefore, if you ever dream of becoming a presenter or writer, this is definitely a CDS group for you.

Members of this CDS group are the ones publishing corpers’ monthly magazine as well as the end of service yearbook.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/09/08/7-best-cds-groups-to-join-as-a-corp-member/

Sport inclusive
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by topas100(m): 11:19am On Dec 27, 2018
what about medical CDS?
Re: 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member by Arinzona20(m): 2:36pm On May 30, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Mum Sells Eggs - Corper Shows Off His Mother Who Trained Him In University / Corper Who Got A Gift From Govenor Abubakar In Bauchi During POP .PICS / Matilda Okeke Ekiti Corper Dies Of Typhoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.