Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,236 members, 7,953,886 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? (430 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Hinder Your Miracles / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by luvmijeje(f): 3:29am On Sep 09, 2018
There are 3 ways :

1. Anytime you are about to do something, confirm from your mind whether to do it or not. If it said yes, go ahead. If No then don't.

2. Anytime you're about to do something that brings pleasures ask your mind whether to go ahead.

3. 1 & 2 are the same. So will be 3. The only way to differentiate your mind from your desire is to constantly ask your mind for feedback on anything you are about to do.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by docsam007: 7:21am On Sep 09, 2018
Hmmmmmm....what if the mind is not regenerated
Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by frank317: 7:24am On Sep 09, 2018
What's this? Must u open a thread to talk nonsense?

First u said there are 3 ways and repeated yourself in all the three points u provided.

BTW what's ask ur mind for feed back. U talk as if the mind is an entity living outside ur body.

All in all, the thread makes no sense

1 Like

Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by CodeTemplar: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2018
I think the OP is either asking for how to differentiate between his needs and wants or how to know when his spirit is talking to him as against unwanted sources.

Wants are characterized by lack of direction. Things just pop into your head and you go after them like that but with needs there is always direction to guide what your needs towards a goals.
Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by luvmijeje(f): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2018
frank317:
What's this? Must u open a thread to talk nonsense?

First u said there are 3 ways and repeated yourself in all the three points u provided.

BTW what's ask ur mind for feed back. U talk as if the mind is an entity living outside ur body.

All in all, the thread makes no sense

Then get the Bleep off. Are you being forced? I'm tired of you people's tantrums. I'm not holding gun to any body's head.

I want constructive contribution from people who have tried this. Not people who are claiming to be Atheist. You finally have a chance to prove the existence of God but you are all fucking fumbling. Fake Atheist.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by luvmijeje(f): 7:59am On Sep 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I think the OP is either asking for how to differentiate between his needs and wants or how to know when his spirit is talking to him as against unwanted sources.

Wants are characterized by lack of direction. Things just pop into your head and you go after them like that but with needs there is always direction to guide what your needs towards a goals.

Thank you Sir. But that's not what I'm trying to say.

Desires are things that you want to do at particular time. When you get to start following your minds you will get to discover that it will restrict you from doing most things you will want to do.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by frank317: 10:25am On Sep 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

Then get the Bleep off. Are you being forced? I'm tired of you people's tantrums. I'm not holding gun to any body's head.

I want constructive contribution from people who have tried this. Not people who are claiming to be Atheist. You finally have a chance to prove the existence of God but you are all fucking fumbling. Fake Atheist.

How can you read what I wrote and not call it constructive contribution?

meanwhile how you de na? Can you invite me to your church?
Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by xproducer: 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
In endeavoring to live by the example of our Lord JESUS CHRIST, it makes sense to ask oneself, what would the Lord JESUS do?

But, we cannot do it, what is right, ourselves - that is why we pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17 ), believing that the Lord JESUS will hear and help; "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." - Hebrews 4:15

Therefore, "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” - Matthew 26:41 ("watch", I believe means watch/read the holy Bible as often as you can... because in it is life and guidance - 2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Be well, and blessings!

++++++++++++++

luvmijeje:
There are 3 ways :

1. Anytime you are about to do something, confirm from your mind whether to do it or not. If it said yes, go ahead. If No then don't.

2. Anytime you're about to do something that brings pleasures ask your mind whether to go ahead.

3. 1 & 2 are the same. So will be 3. The only way to differentiate your mind from your desire is to constantly ask your mind for feedback on anything you are about to do.

Re: How Do I Differentiate My Mind From My Desires? by orisa37: 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
Follow your Heart.

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Lust And Sexual Immorality / How To Be Famous As A Musician Or Artist Spiritually Using Universal Method... / ** Beware Of Monitoring Spirits Around **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.