Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61409 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 18, 2020
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

824 Likes 93 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by omoiyamayor(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2020
A white man is living his heaven on earth and tells blackman to wait to die before going to heaven. We are brainwashed.

577 Likes 44 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by tesseract: 11:34am On Jun 18, 2020
I do agree with you on this. Religion is our bane.

Modified: Please I'm not an atheist and I have no intention of becoming one. I believe in God almighty and I strive to build a conscious and deliberate relationship with Him through his word.

215 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2020
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

1087 Likes 94 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by charleff512(m): 11:38am On Jun 18, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.
Lalasticlala
Myndd44
Your observations are very right and valid.You don't need religion to succeed but just believe there is God and ask to have a relationship with him.I go to church but I have never played church nor let the whims and caprices of man's philosophy to guide my decisions in life.But I know and believe there is God that is all that matters.

513 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
charleff512:

Your observations are very right and valid.You don't need religion to succeed but just believe there is God and ask to have a relationship with him.I go to church but I have never played church nor let the whims and caprices of man's philosophy to guide my decisions in life.But I know and believe there is God that is all that matters.

You are right bruv.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
I left religion in 2018. I don't believe in all these religious dogmas and beliefs anymore.

But I know there is a supernatural being behind this world and I believe in him.

375 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by StrikeBack(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
It took you a while

Better late than never

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by sotall(m): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Thank God for your liberation.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Missyajoke(f): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
Your relationship with Christ matters forget about religion and focus on Christ. The Bible says'' Look unto God the author and the Finisher of our Faith.

267 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by VirginFinder: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Rreligion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HappyPagan: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

Are you happy? If Jesus was all you needed in this life, you won't be here daily, pouring your repetitive bile on every front page thread.

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

You see, you have become like the Pharisees and Saduccees who wore their religion for all to see - so they could be counted, so men could praise them. They screamed loudest that they knew God, yet when God stood in human form before them, they failed to recognize him.

Hope the Christ mind in you doesn't see this as an attack, rather just a piece of advice - admittedly maybe unwanted.

266 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
HappyPagan:

Are you happy? If Jesus was all you needed in this life, you won't be here daily, pouring your repetitive bile on every front page thread.

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

You see, you have become like the Pharisees and Saduccees who wore their religion for all to see - so they could be counted, so men could praise them. They screamed loudest that they knew God, yet when God stood in human form before them, they failed to recognize him.

Hope the Christ mind in you doesn't see this as an attack, rather just a piece of advice - admittedly maybe unwanted.

Outside JESUS Christ! I am empty and dead!

I have no life outside my MASTER

I am sooo happy bro!

So happy!

It's the Joy of Salvation that makes be here for you!

310 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by frank317: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I left religion in 2018. I don't believe in all these religious dogmas and beliefs anymore.

But I know there is a supernatural being behind this world and I believe in him.

U believe in him to do what for u?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
frank317:

U believe in him to do what for u?

That's a personal thing for me. There is a way I relate with the creator.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by nigeriancritic1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Welcome to bliss!

11 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by atheistandproud(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kenplay:

Welcome to the family bro.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by hakeem4(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:

Need jesus in this life for what exactly?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
hakeem4:
Need jesus in this life for what exactly?

You need JESUS for Everything here on Earth and on the other side in Eternity!

When you refuse HIM now, when you Cross over, you will beg for HIM but it will be Late.

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by YorubaKinging: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please sir , I would like If you stop repeating same words,
And start explaining what it means

How do you accept Jesus ?

Is it by mouth and confession?

Did Jesus not come to preach about loving the Father who sent him?

And doing his commandments?

Righteousness89:

You need JESUS for Everything here on Earth and on the other side in Eternity!

When you refuse HIM now, when you Cross over, you will beg for HIM but it will be Late.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by mumumugu(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kenplay:

Lalasticlala
Myndd44
are you rejecting God too or just religion

11 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by mumumugu(m): 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

because of wetin your village people so you na e make u still believe in witch
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by mumumugu(m): 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:

who did Jesus have relationship with...y can't he have relationship with that person

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
mumumugu:

who did Jesus have relationship with...y can't he have relationship with that person

I don't get u bro!

We need to a have a Relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

Christianity is not a Religion as people say!
Being a Christian is having a Relationship with JESUS. In a lay man's word it is Having JESUS in you.

A Sinner man /woman, does not have JESUS irrespective of Whatever you claim you are.

A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is Not a Christian.. 1 John 3:8-9

Having a Relationship with JESUS is the key!

You do that By Acknowledging you are a Sinner
You Confess your sins to JESUS
You Ask JESUS to come into you. See the Prayer of Salvation on our Signature.

If you do that and you mean it, you are automatically saved! You are born again!

You need to begin a solid Foundation with JESUS.

You have The Holy Bible to guide you
You could also get a Bible Believing Church were you will be taught to know more about JESUS.

Don't fail to repent whenever you go astray!

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by VirginFinder: 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:

I don't get u bro!

We need to a have a Rrelationship with JESUS CHRIST.

Christianity is not a Rreligion as people say!
Being a Cchristian is having a Rrelationship with JESUS. In a lay man's word it is Hhaving JESUS in you.

A Ssinner man /woman does not have JESUS irrespective of Wwhatever you claim you are.

A Cchristian is not a Ssinner and a Ssinner is Nnot a Cchristian..

Having a Rrelationship with JESUS is the key!

You do that By Aacknowledging you are a Ssinner
You Cconfess your sins to JESUS
You Aask JESUS to come into you. See the Pprayer of Ssalvation on our Ssignature.

If you do that and you mean it, you are automatically saved! You are born again!

You need to begin a solid Ffoundation with JESUS.

You have Tthe Holy Bible to guide you
You could also get a Bible Bbelieving Cchurch were you will be taught to know more about JESUS.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by VirginFinder: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:

You need JESUS for Eeverything here on Eearth and on the other side in Eeternity!

When you refuse HIM now, when you Ccross over, you will beg for HIM but it will be Late.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by mumumugu(m): 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:

I don't get u bro!

We need to a have a Relationship with JESUS CHRIST.

Christianity is not a Religion as people say!
Being a Christian is having a Relationship with JESUS. In a lay man's word it is Having JESUS in you.

A Sinner man /woman does not have JESUS irrespective of Whatever you claim you are.

A Christian is not a Sinner and a Sinner is Not a Christian..

Having a Relationship with JESUS is the key!

You do that By Acknowledging you are a Sinner
You Confess your sins to JESUS
You Ask JESUS to come into you. See the Prayer of Salvation on our Signature.

You need to begin a solid Foundation with JESUS.

You have The Holy Bible to guide you
You could also get a Bible Believing Church were you will be taught to know more about JESUS.

Jesus went to the mountaintop to pray. God spoke to him and he transfered his words to us. he taught us to carry our cross not his cross. he showed us the way.
he never asked us to make an institution/ religion out of him. only spread his teaching.
He never advocated any church/ temple/ synagogue but true worshippers worship in spirit and truth.

converting Jesus teaching to a religion and building a church out of it is the problem.

Read Jesus teaching well, all his teaching including gospel if Mary Magdalene and Thomas and not just what those Catholics presented to you as bible

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by VirginFinder: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Righteousness89:

Outside JESUS Christ! I am empty and dead!

I have no life outside my MASTER

I am sooo happy bro!

So happy!

It's the Jjoy of Ssalvation that makes be here for you!

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Righteousness89(m): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
mumumugu:

Jesus went to the mountaintop to pray. God spoke to him and he transfered his words to us. he taught us to carry our cross not his cross. he showed us the way.
he never asked us to make an institution/ religion out of him. only spread his teaching.
He never advocated any church/ temple/ synagogue but true worshippers worship in spirit and truth.

converting Jesus teaching to a religion and building a church out of it is the problem.

Read Jesus teaching well, all his teaching including gospel if Mary Magdalene and Thomas and not just what those Catholics presented to you as bible

You seem confused bro! What Exactly is your point

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by coputa(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
charleff512:

If you goes to church,then you 're religious.you 're God,he created you in his own image.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by coputa(m): 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

how do you believe in him,how do you practice your belief.

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GeeBeeWillie(m): 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
What is Religion? Religion is a phenomeno of social and spiritual colaboration resulting into God worship. why said you dont want to be in an experience of church or together with worshipers when worshiping God? Gtuism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) / Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria / Pastor Adeboye's Photos By TY Bello. Looks Dapper In These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.