Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,024 members, 7,849,133 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:00 PM

PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears (2033 Views)

Patience Ozokwor Moved To Tears As Mercy Johnson Presents Generous Gifts to her / Pasuma Booed By #EndSARS Protesters At Alausa, Ikeja (Video) / Princess Shyngle Loses Her Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 09, 2018
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by bigtt76(f): 6:17am On Sep 09, 2018
Hanty needs to retire ....all this drama too much joooor!
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by WhoBeThisMan: 6:46am On Sep 09, 2018
Why did she have to play the "because I'm a woman" card? How many times has she won? All the times she has been winning has she been a man?

3 Likes

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by Metuh: 8:11am On Sep 09, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
Why did she have to play the "because I'm a woman" card? How many times has she won? All the times she has been winning has she been a man?
Black man did you watch the match or you are ignorantly commenting based on what you read The match was filled with irregularities from the umpire.

She was actually protesting against partiality cos male tennis players like Rafael Nadal do worse things and get away with it without been penalized. Why is her own different?

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by WhoBeThisMan: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2018
Metuh:

Black man did you watch the match or you are ignorantly commenting based on what you read The match was filled with irregularities from the umpire.

She was actually protesting against partiality cos male tennis players like Rafael Nadal do worse things and get away with it without been penalized. Why is her own different?
what has being a black man have to do with it?

Slave

2 Likes

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by Metuh: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
what has being a black man have to do with it?

Slave

Because you refuse to educate yourself. You don't just react based on what you read in the media alone. There are numerous videos all over the net for you to educate yourself but you won't.

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by columbus007(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2018
that referee na bastard i watch this game.
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by gaby(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2018
I love her, but this is a bad loser mentality and she needs to know better judging from her record and move on.

Cheers

Enjoy siggy

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by WhoBeThisMan: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2018
Metuh:

Because you refuse to educate yourself. You don't just react based on what you read in the media alone. There are numerous videos all over the net for you to educate yourself but you won't.
you have so much anger bottled up on you. Pls get a massage or something. Don't pour it on me

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by TDonald: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2018
gaby:
I love her, but this is a bad loser mentality and she needs to know better judging from her record and move on.

Cheers

Enjoy siggy

I don't think you watched the video, you were only in a haste to comment

Because if you did watch the video, you would see that the referee was attacking her personality by calling her a CHEATER and that was what really hurt her

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by gaby(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2018
TDonald:

I don't think you watched the video, you were only in a haste to comment

Because if you did watch the video, you would see that the referee was attacking her personality by calling her a CHEATER and that was what really hurt her

Okay I'm sorry if you think I got it wrong.
Maybe I misjudged the same way the crowd that was booing her did too.
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by TDonald: 10:47am On Sep 09, 2018
gaby:

The crowd were booing the referee and applauded Serena

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by gaby(m): 10:51am On Sep 09, 2018
TDonald:

The crowd were booing the referee and applauded Serena

Ooow okay, forgive my aged mind please.

Hugs

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by TDonald: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2018
gaby:

Ooow okay, forgive my aged mind please.

Hugs

cool
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by iboboyswag(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2018
gaby:

Unku no be small misjudge like the crowd that was booing her!! Lmao

Leave them as if its not the same match and video we watched. The referee nevered referred to her as a "cheater," he took a point away for a misdemeanor (coaching while in-play) and like the Africa woman that she is, she took it personal and everything escalated from there!

All those wey watch am for Africa magic say he call am "cheater"...
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by gaby(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2018
iboboyswag:

Unku no be small misjudge like the crowd that was booing her!! Lmao

Leave them as if its not the same match and video we watched. The referee nevered referred to her as a "cheater," he took a point away for a misdemeanor (coaching while in-play) and like the Africa woman that she is, she took it personally and everything escalated!

All those wey watch am for Africa magic say he call am cheater...

My dear brother, you don ever find yourself for one kind situation wey be say even you go come dey suspect yourself say e be like say you no true true well.

I just jeje kpanji make we no come dey argue back and forth.

It is well.
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by gaby(m): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2018
temidire321:
gaby:Ooow okay, forgive my aged mind please.HugsF

Sir/ma....hahaha

What I doooo?
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by gaby(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2018
[b]This is how it was reported by a world news agency of repute. An American news agency ooo: yahoo news.

Serena Williams has, rightfully so, earned the title as the best woman to ever play tennis.

That, though, didn’t faze 20-year-old Japanese phenom Naomi Osaka.

Osaka dominated Williams 6-2, 6-4 on Saturday afternoon Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York City to win the U.S. Open — her first Grand Slam title. Her win also makes her the first Japanese player to win a major title.

Osaka rolled through the first set, winning five straight games after dropping the first game early. Williams struggled to handle Osaka’s serves, and seemed to be on her heels the entire time.
Williams pulled it together and jumped to a 3-1 lead in the second set, seeming to have found her footing.

Frustration had set in, though. Williams was issued a warning early by the chair umpire who thought that she had received on court coaching, which is illegal in tennis. After a lengthy back and forth, Williams went back and, just a few games later, smashed her own racket out of frustration.

She was then assessed a game penalty after multiple lengthy conversations with the official, one in which she called him a “thief” and demanded an apology. She argued that she was being targeted because of her gender.
"I don't cheat to win. I'd rather lose."

—Serena to the chair umpire after receiving a coaching violation.[/b]

My comment:

I don't take chair and give to sentiment and emotion to make themselves comfortable when I'm trying to make a point or argument.

I put my comments out based on what I deduce from facts staring me in the eye and move on.

I can confidently beat my chest and say I am Serena's biggest fan, heck , I even plan on naming my next daughter after her.

The truth is, she has been and will always be a champion.

She needs to accept defeats when it happens and moves on without trying to whip up sentiments.

You win some and you lose some. In her case, she didn't only win some but had won more and her record and name will live after her.

Peace guys.

Enjoy my siggy

1 Like

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by czarina(f): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2018
I can't spend my data on that. But Serena has always been a sore loser. You know getting too used to winning and crying foul the few times you loose. That has always been her problem.
This is even small, she has done worse before.

And funny thing is, to Venus; Serena does no wrong. I guess it's the sisters thing though

But she remains the best nonetheless kiss

2 Likes

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by IHate9jerianss(m): 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
Metuh:

She was actually protesting against partiality cos male tennis players like Rafael Nadal do worse things and get away with it without been penalized.Why is her own different?
I have never heard Rafael Nadal call any umpire a "thief" like Serena did.Is the umpire her husband she can "mouth off" anything to?Should he have been less professional and more understanding towards Serena because she was only being "emotional"?By the way,what concerns Rafa with Serenas' fucck up?Women in todays' world should grow up, take responsibility for their actions and quit blaming men for their failures

3 Likes

Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by Dreyl(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
czarina:
I can't spend my data on that. But Serena has always been a sore loser. You know getting too used to winning and crying foul the few times you loose. That has always been her problem.
This is even small, she has done worse before.

And funny thing is, to Venus; Serena does no wrong. I guess it's the sisters thing though

But she remains the best nonetheless kiss
Keep shut my friend. you are calling a successful person and someone who has achieved everything in life a loser. btw what have you achieved in your miserable life
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by czarina(f): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
Dreyl:
Keep shut my friend. you are calling a successful person and someone who has achieved everything in life a loser. btw what have you achieved in your miserable life
I never called her a loser. She handles losing poorly.
Go learn how to comprehend first before you quote me next time.
But wait, with that watermelon you pass for a brain what should I even expect?
Re: PR DISASTER. Serena Williams Loses Her Cool In Court And Gets Booed To Tears by Dreyl(m): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
czarina:
I never called her a loser. She handles losing poorly.
Go learn how to comprehend first before you quote me next time.
But wait, with that watermelon you pass for a brain what should I even expect?
You are a cretin. read what you typed slowly. It seems your brain is dead or it's filled with indomie. a nonentity calling someone that has achieved alot in life a sore loser. you are the sore loser here.

(1) (Reply)

Beverly Osu Dresses Like A White Angel & Twerks In New Photoshoot / Policemen Covered Wizkid In Oshodi Lagos. Photos / Watch Wizkid Dancing Zanku Legwork With Davido And Olamide On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.