Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 (16684 Views)

Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s / Bill Gates Sr Is Dead. Microsoft Co-Founder, Bill Gates' Father Dies / Temie Giwa-Tubosun Wins $250K Jack Ma’s Netrepreneur Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by 9jayes: 7:48am On Sep 09, 2018
NobodyKnows:
40? Lmao . Joke of the year
Yeah 40
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by ladyF(f): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2018
There comes a point in life when we realize than some causes are more important than how many millions we make.

4 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by OboOlora(f): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2018
Ok
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by jaxxy(m): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2018
Great! Hes done really well as CEO and tho he’s retiring I’m sure he wud still be contributing to the companies development from the sidelines.
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:59am On Sep 09, 2018
naijapips04:
I am going to be richer than Jack Ma..

You can't get to this level of wealth with Yahoo Yahoo and fake ritual tales.

This is where you black men miss it..Ma didn't set out to become rich or richer than the rest, he started by identifying a problem and then went on to fill the gap...the money started coming later..but una own na to put money first for everything..

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by saintol(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2018
Alibaba and the Forty Thieves. Since this man has used the name Alibaba. Please I need 39 sharp sound minded brains to start the 40T with me. If you know you know ooo. Anyway, Kudos to our Alibaba, una do well.

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by saintol(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2018
9jayes:

Yeah 40
smiling!!! Don't mind him, he only remembered the forty thieves. Alibaba and the Forty Thieves.
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by BabaO2: 8:16am On Sep 09, 2018
Nukilia:
Things like this happen in a country where things work grin grin grin
Greed will not allow folks like Buhari at over 70 to retire even though they never had anything meaningful to offer this nation. undecided

Are we just mad in this country or we have been bewitched?
Berlusconi is 81, still wants to be prime Minister, trump will be 75 when contesting for his second term..

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by shawlar(m): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2018
Retiring at 54 with net worth of $40billion dollars....

Even if he spends $1billion per year till he dies, he would still have more than enough when he goes
....except he wan live till 94 sha

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by sommyboi(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2018
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing

It takes wisdom to know when to move on to the next phase of your life.

By the way, one wonders how those venture capitalists felt as they watched the start-up they had rejected grow into this conglomerate...

Would be so painful my guy. You know who regrets most? That dude that sold his Apple shares, in the early stages of the company's development, at a peanut price.
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by higgs: 8:33am On Sep 09, 2018
Jack MA, great business tycoon.
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by uwa244(m): 8:33am On Sep 09, 2018
He is still young.
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by Nukilia: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2018
BabaO2:
Berlusconi is 81, still wants to be prime Minister, trump will be 75 when contesting for his second term..

Stop comparing those with good IQ with the dumb crook we have in Nigeria! grin grin grin

You cant keep supporting a person with low IQ and expect a rapid change in the way we do things..

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by sommyboi(m): 8:35am On Sep 09, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

This is where you black men miss it..Ma didn't set out to become rich or richer than the rest, he started by identifying a problem and then went on to fill the gap...the money started coming later..but una own na to put money first for everything..

What if he's being confident in himself? And what if he's already working on a problem? You can't think he's just making a comment. I believe in whatever plans he has to be richer, I believe in him.
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by gregyboy(m): 8:38am On Sep 09, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Nigeria is at the Beck and call of greedy politicians, they are not ready to make the country great, it is all about personal interest and to continously rape the country shocked

Leaders are human like you .....i bet if u were to attack the government and they pay you 50 million not to you would stop...
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by planetx: 8:43am On Sep 09, 2018
shawlar:

Retiring at 54 with net worth of $40billion dollars....

Even if he spends $1billion per year till he dies, he would still have more than enough when he goes
....except he wan live till 94 sha
Being worth $40 billion doesn't mean you have $40 billion in cash to spend. Billionaires don't have their wealth sitting in a bank has physical cash but are tied up in stocks, shares, real estate and other appreciating assets.

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by AngelicBeing: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2018
gregyboy:

Leaders are human like you .....i bet if u were to attack the government and they pay you 50 million not to you would stop...
Hahaha, Nigeria is dog chop dog, 50million naira is small, I will prefer to loot like Obasanjo, Buhari, Abdusalami, Shagari, Babangida, Jonathan and the gang of Dasuki and his 40 thieves,

Once you loot 100billion in Nigeria, get the services of 20 SAN attorneys to drag the case for eternity, import Brazilian models to massage your body at Sheraton Abuja, be a praise singer to the Central government to curry more contract and enjoy the rest of your life, that is how it works in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not worth dying for, the politicians have proved it over and over, patriotism is an alien word in Nigeria, so I don't give a fvck, we celebrate looters and thieves in government, so I don't care, I also want to loot my share shocked

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by gregyboy(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, Nigeria is dog chop dog, 50million naira is small, I will prefer to loot like Obasanjo, Buhari, Abdusalami, Shagari, Babangida, Jonathan and the gang of Dasuki and his 40 thieves,

Once you loot 100billion in Nigeria, get the services of 20 SAN attorneys to drag the case for eternity, import Brazilian models to massage your body at Sheraton Abuja, be a praise singer to the Central government to curry more contract and enjoy the rest of your life, that is how it works in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not worth dying for, the politicians have proved it over and over, patriotism is an alien word in Nigeria, so I don't give a fvck, we celebrate looters and thieves in government, so I don't care, I also want to loot my share shocked

Lol...looting ur own share all the religious centres we have in this country dont preach against greed instead they partake in it...the African man is mentally lazy right from creation other race developed thier mind nd thought nd made good civilization we blacks are enjoying today.by scientific proves blacks are the oldest race and the dumest race to top it all other race sees us nothing less than animal's and we smile about it ...but if a tribe call another tribe ant it will turn s big blown war ....with ur outdated mentality u would take the billions to urselfs and let everyone suffer sometimes i wonder if nigerians ever go to church at all.we have been living on earth since creation nothing to write home about werent different from the bush men who didnt accept civilization our civilization is like a pig kept in a mantion its still remains a pig probably the britsh would have left us uncivilized let malaria get to kill most of the people who are intending to eat money when they get to power...money is not everything if i am the man who offered you the 100bill naira as soon as u take it i would send men against u to kill you and after ur death i would expose you nd i would feel no rumorse
Instead lets buils a civilization our father failed to buils lets stop looking for easy ways to make money our forefathers sold themselves from cowries easily gotten from by sailors.... Lol foolish race anyway enjoy ur billions u seek

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by AngelicBeing: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2018
gregyboy:

Lol...looting ur own share all the religious centres we have in this country dont preach against greed instead they partake in it...the African man is mentally lazy right from creation other race developed thier mind nd thought nd made good civilization we blacks are enjoying today.by scientific proves blacks are the oldest race and the dumest race to top it all other race sees us nothing less than animal's and we smile about it ...but if a tribe call another tribe ant it will turn s big blown war ....with ur outdated mentality u would take the billions to urselfs and let everyone suffer sometimes i wonder if nigerians ever go to church at all.we have been living on earth since creation nothing to write home about werent different from the bush men who didnt accept civilization our civilization is like a pig kept in a mantion its still remains a pig probably the britsh would have left us uncivilized let malaria get to kill most of the people who are intending to eat money when they get to power...money is not everything if i am the man who offered you the 100bill naira as soon as u take it i would send men against u to kill you and after ur death i would expose you nd i would feel no rumorse
Instead lets buils a civilization our father failed to buils lets stop looking for easy ways to make money our forefathers sold themselves from cowries easily gotten from by sailors.... Lol foolish race anyway enjoy ur billions u seek
Fúçk off, you lack comprehension, crawl back to the useless hole you came out from, go and preach that epistle to your politicians that you praise daily online that have kept you in bandage and darkness, before you pull your trigger on me according to your post, l will wipe out your entire lineage with my snippers, my last response to you shocked

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by gregyboy(m): 10:13am On Sep 09, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Fúçk off, you lack comprehension, crawl back to the useless hole you came out from, go and preach that epistle to your politicians that you praise daily online that have kept you in bandage and darkness, before you pull your trigger on me according to your post, l will wipe out your entire lineage with my snippers, my last response to you shocked

Lol...a typical black monkey
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by AngelicBeing: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2018
gregyboy:

Lol...a typical black monkey
Looking at your profile made me regret for engaging you, you look malnourished and hungry, a hungry mofo still feeding from his parents in Nigeria grin

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by remedick: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
usmanktg2:
One thing I don't agree with billionaires is retirement to being a philanthropist.

Philanthropism is becoming a new business field. They buy educational tools and health facilities from companies they already have shares in.
it is a tax evasion loop hole. If you know, you know.

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by utitofonsunday: 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
Billionaire's mindset!
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by utitofonsunday: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
uwa244:
He is still young.

I dey tell you...
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
Xhakazette:
He has made money.

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by Jadoskii(m): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
usmanktg2:
One thing I don't agree with billionaires is retirement to being a philanthropist.

Philanthropism is becoming a new business field. They buy educational tools and health facilities from companies they already have shares in.
well atleast ...the needy still benefits.......Bill gates donated some funds to internally displaced flood victims in NIGERIA few yrs bk ...guess what,nigerian officials stole from the needy.....my point is at least they r giving something ,they r in no way inconvenienting others.....a win win

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by jojothaiv(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
rozayx5:
Made men

No gold chains

cool cool
Yes Boss!
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by sprints2: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
naijapips04:
I am going to be richer than Jack Ma..

You can't get to this level of wealth with Yahoo Yahoo and fake ritual tales.

u don't need to be richer than jack ma to be successful your success is determined by the number of lives u he touched or what you did to improve ways of life or your contribution to planet earth....if u know u know...if u don't understand this don't bother to reply....Make Your Mark...that's life
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by webizone(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
ladyF:
There comes a point in life when we realize than some causes are more important than how many millions we make.
Is it no longer LadyF again?
Re: Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 by Ugosample(m): 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
planetx:
Being worth $40 billion doesn't mean you have $40 billion in cash to spend.

yea true

but it means at that point, you have $40b in assets you can convert to cash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano, Ondo, Anambra Depositors Flood Banks With Old Notes / Fire Guts Nyanya Market, Abuja, Several Shops Burnt / Heritage Bank, BBNaija & Wasteful Ways Of A 'Sinking' Financial Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.