Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,365 members, 7,954,481 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card (30794 Views)

Exposed: Buy @ #385 Using Debit/credit Card And Sell @ #450 / Naira - Dollar Exchange Rate From 1972 Till Date / Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by harley88(m): 7:45am On Sep 10, 2018
Birthday card nko
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by ikbnice(m): 7:48am On Sep 10, 2018
That was how I requested for Mastercard from Zenith bank only to be given a beautiful Verve card after one week. Now, Verve no dey do aliexpress
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by NobleRomm(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2018
How much do one need to have a dollar account. what is the minimum about day can be in the account.

what and what are needed to open a dollar account
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by olowo1930: 8:20am On Sep 10, 2018
thank for the update. Nigeria is too weak to improve in meeting current trends in the world economy units
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by seguno2: 8:28am On Sep 10, 2018
DAntivirus:
6. VOTERS CARD: Comes in two variant. Temporary and Permanent. Mainly used in voting out lifeless and corrupt criminals back to Daura. Highly purchased/bought during elections by political criminals.

.....with N10,000 disguised as Trader money of corruption
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by DAntivirus: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2018
seguno2:

.....with N10,000 disguised as Trader money of corruption
...are you also a political criminal? grin
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by ElRapido: 8:42am On Sep 10, 2018
ITUNES CARD : If you know, you know
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by DECENCY3: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2018
I have just learnt something good today
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by zinaunreal(m): 8:46am On Sep 10, 2018
What matters is money in the card
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by ohiku4every1(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2018
Help!
sometimes when I checked my Bank acct balance, I do have some amount of money on Ledger Balance and won't be able to touch such amount of money

the bankers or accounting students should help me tru

I needed explanation pls
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by ruggedtimi(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2018
zone51:
What's the difference between Verve card & Naira card? cheesy
i tire..
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Iscoalarcon: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2018
Is it possible to purchase from foreign online stores like AliExpress and Amazon using the Naira Mastercard
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by bluecircle470: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2018
drey69:
iTunes card

Amazon gift card are not cards again?

They’re the best!
Reason; the so called VERVE, MASTER, VISA cards etc...is useless if you don’t have shishi (kobo) in your account but iTunes, Amazon cards are worth thousands without loading money on it. Those who knows know o. Argue with the internet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Ruhamah23(m): 9:20am On Sep 10, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
Is it possible to purchase from foreign online stores like AliExpress and Amazon using the Naira Mastercard

Yes of course
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Iscoalarcon: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2018
Ruhamah23:

Yes of course
ok thanks a bunch
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Frankicent(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2018
post=71044509:
There are two main types of cards, debit cards, and credit cards. Credit cards allow the holder to make purchases on credit, whereas the debit visa card holder needs to have the amount plus some transaction fee in his or her account to be able to make any payment using the debit card. As the name suggests the amount is debited from card holder’s account immediately when the debit card is used.
This is opposed to a credit card where the cardholder does not need to have the amount he or she is going to spend. As long as the amount is within the ‘credit limit’ of the card the transaction will be carried through and the holder will have to return the money to the card company in installments or in one single payment…

NOW, THE MEANING OF VISA CARD, VERVE CARD, MASTERCARD, NAIRA CARD, DOLLAR CARD
A Nigerian who goes to a bank to apply for a card might be a bit confused as to which one to choose. I was. This is because most banks provide up to 3 options to choose from; Verve, MasterCard and Visa. What is the difference between them all? Which offers the best benefits?

1. VERVE CARD:
This card was made for the Nigerian market and it is only acceptable
in Nigeria. The Verve card allows you to conveniently pay for goods and
services on all ATMs, as well as POS, Web, Mobile, Kiosk, PC POS, Voice
and bank branches connected to the Interswitch network.

Lemme correct verve is not only in Nigeria market... Available in Uganda, kenya and Gambia
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Mayowa1056(m): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2018
DAntivirus:
6. VOTERS CARD: Comes in two variant. Temporary and Permanent. Mainly used in voting out lifeless and corrupt criminals back to Daura. Highly purchased/bought during elections by political criminals.
.... One bottle of palm wine for u...
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Mayowa1056(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2018
Report card...
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Prestige16(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2018
stano2:
Op am in a mess because of these cards.
I used first bank mastercard for an online payment, it was not approved but i was debited ,i have gone to the, filled a form.

3days ago made it 1month and am yet to get my money back, i only got a message that my complaint has been resolved and closed, that i should contact my merchant. undecided

When i had similar issue with Diamond bank, i got my money after weeks and was never directed to contact anybody.

First bank just weak me, they have lost it.
you buy airtime with ussd code, if an error should occur , you lose both the money and airtime same with using their mobile app.
I don't understand first bank way at all.
Same was my case. I used their mobile app to transfer money to a fellow first bank account. Mine was debited and the receiver never credited, when I complained they just sent me text that my problem have been resolved and even had to show me the persons account and mine pointing out the transactions. Na so my money lost o and it was the last I used their app
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2018
6. gift card
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Healer007: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2018
Great article but you didn't give any difference between Visa and Master card
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
drey69:
iTunes card
Amazon gift card are not cards again?
Madman ���
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by newspapers: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2019
At Chuks9000 - I totally agree. There is nothing of such, Its either a Credit Card or a Debit card.
World Market Credit Card is a Credit Card while GTB Naira Master card is a Debit Card
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by tck2000(m): 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
DAntivirus:
Re: The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card by Akposkiz: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2023
Nice job!

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN To Replace Local Bureau-De-Changes With Travelex / 5 Horrible Advice You Should Never Accept About Money / Top Payment Gateways In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.