Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos (49941 Views)

Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) / Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK / Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by ogbonti: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
AreaFada2:
Wait o, are they saying he didn't qualify for a US passport all this while? shocked shocked
Haba! This is seriously heartless.

You think the US is a corrupt lawless country where passports are given to anyone who can bribe ? Try bribe make dem catch you, u go hear wheeeeen!

1 Like

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by LadySarah: 10:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
IYANGBALI:
His village people at awka refused to rest on his case

Anwana is an Iron,Akwa ibom name.Olodo!!
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by mechanics(m): 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
bedspread:
May the Good Lord Show him Mercy and ensure he is not thrown to Nigeria....
hmm, but Nigeria is his country.

1 Like

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by monchazfarms: 10:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
tukdi:
U.S. please I take God name beg una, don't send him back to Nigeria, Mbok!!! embarassed

Why begging US not to deport him,is he forbidden from coming home?

2 Likes

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by candygist: 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
Lipscomb:
why what is wrong with you? Nigeria isn't a country or people not living there? You that talking where are you? Lazy youth the president is talking about.

Many people are in Nigeria because they don't have the finance and opportunity to travel.
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Morbeta11(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Chai.... This is seriously serious but wait oòoo.. You didn't marry? If they eventually deport him back..... The Lies of Lai Mohammed will cure his disabilities sharp sharp..

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by immaculate1234(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
You are sending him to were lifeless person rules
e go say make them just kukuma put am for jail
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by naijajobx: 1:08am On Sep 10, 2018
hm
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by 2016v2017: 2:06am On Sep 10, 2018
bedspread:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by 2016v2017: 2:07am On Sep 10, 2018
tukdi:
U.S. please I take God name beg una, don't send him back to Nigeria, Mbok!!! embarassed
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:43am On Sep 10, 2018
bedspread:
lol, is Nigeria that bad?

1 Like

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by AreaFada2: 2:45am On Sep 10, 2018
ogbonti:

You think the US is a corrupt lawless country where passports are given to anyone who can bribe ? Try bribe make dem catch you, u go hear wheeeeen!

Lol. Bribe? Why bribe? After a certain period (often 5 to 7 years, less or more in a few cases) of lawful residence WITHOUT a criminal record in most Western countries, you qualify for naturalization. That is how most foreigners become citizens and get a passport. So after 34 years it's pretty RARE to still not have a passport.

I know at least 50 people who got their passports that way in USA. One relative's 9 children did so that way. The first child left in 1986. She went join her hubby there. After becoming a citizen, she sponsored her immediate junior sibling to join her. That is how one after they sponsored all the siblings. Even their parents live mostly in America now.

The reason many take longer to get their passport is when they enter the country illegally, stay illegally when visa expires or otherwise stay unlawfully. That way most of that period of illegal stay won't count towards qualifying duration. Unless an amnesty is declared for people of long clandestine stay, which is rare these days. UK used to have 15 years of illegal stay to qualify but it's now 20 years! If you can avoid been caught and deported within that period. grin cheesy
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Mizwisdom(f): 5:34am On Sep 10, 2018
Praxtech:

Is Nigeria a country? Are people living there or merely existing?

I see your sarcasm but of course Nigeria is a country, it's one of the best in Africa, yes people are living I'm sorry you are barely existing
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Mizwisdom(f): 5:46am On Sep 10, 2018
In my opinion paralympians out perform normal athletes in their sports competitions, does anyone here know Cosmos Okoli or the late blind Bishop?, Cobhams Asuquo is blind but one of the best music producer today his latest single is a hit, the little boy Flavor is bringing up is a fantastic vocalist, we have some disabled doing good. Key factors necessary for success are family & environment. Here some parents hide them from the world, they will say it's a wasted effort sending them to school or giving then a chance at success
. By responses here, it's glaring to the world that many of us don't think disabled are human, if you can survive here, why not him. Wish the man all the best. I hope I'm not sounding like a preacher lol
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Praxtech: 7:18am On Sep 10, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I see your sarcasm but of course Nigeria is a country, it's one of the best in Africa, yes people are living I'm sorry you are barely existing
I live far above anyone in your lineage ever born or that would be born in the future
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Mizwisdom(f): 7:26am On Sep 10, 2018
Praxtech:

I live far above anyone in your lineage ever born

I totally disagree bruh. You attested to barely existing and once again I'm sorry about that.
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Praxtech: 7:29am On Sep 10, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I totally disagree bruh. You attested to barely existing and once again I'm sorry about that.
That underscores the fact that I am above all before you, you and all after you in your lineage born and yet to be born.. No need to explain further.
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Revolva(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2018
Na wa

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by bedspread: 9:39am On Sep 10, 2018
DBlackCeazer:
lol, is Nigeria that bad?
I didn't say so... but to avoid matters that Touch the Heart let him not be deported to Nigeria
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by BanevsJoker(m): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2018
immaculate1234:
You are sending him to were lifeless person rules

e go say make them just kukuma put am for jail
He should just commit a crime so he can be sent to jail. At least there, he is guaranteed meals and a bed.
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by ogbonti: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2018
AreaFada2:

Lol. Bribe? Why bribe? After a certain period (often 5 to 7 years, less or more in a few cases) of lawful residence WITHOUT a criminal record in most Western countries, you qualify for naturalization. That is how most foreigners become citizens and get a passport. So after 34 years it's pretty RARE to still not have a passport.

I know at least 50 people who got their passports that way in USA. One relative's 9 children did so that way. The first child left in 1986. She went join her hubby there. After becoming a citizen, she sponsored her immediate junior sibling to join her. That is how one after they sponsored all the siblings. Even their parents live mostly in America now.

The reason many take longer to get their passport is when they enter the country illegally, stay illegally when visa expires or otherwise stay unlawfully. That way most of that period of illegal stay won't count towards qualifying duration. Unless an amnesty is declared for people of long clandestine stay, which is rare these days. UK used to have 15 years of illegal stay to qualify but it's now 20 years! If you can avoid been caught and deported within that period. grin cheesy

You are going round in circles and contradicting yourself.

After 5 years of lawful permanent residency, you get citizenship... (if you have a clean criminal record and no issues with taxes or other ethical matters)

HOWEVER, this man in question was not, is not a PERMANENT resident in 34 years, so why is it shocking to you he is NOT a citizen?

I would think go further.... others reading see this for what it is, baseless argument from you!
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by ogbonti: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2018
Morbeta11:
Chai.... This is seriously serious but wait oòoo.. You didn't marry? If they eventually deport him back..... The Lies of Lai Mohammed will cure his disabilities sharp sharp..

Marriage to an American DOES NOT GUARANTEE green card. The immigration service or USCIS will need to be convinced your marriage is real over a period of time or years.. and they have tested templates they deploy to fish out scam marriages. If it is determined as "fraudulent", you won't get a green card EVER again. I know of someone who is yet to get a green card 22 years after his first marriage was concluded as fraudulent. Even with him marrying again for love, having kids with his Nigerian born American wife, they bought a house, set up a business all that, creating a lot of marital ties, he is yet to get a green card.

MORAL, whatever u do in the US, try to make it genuine as much as possible. The system won't ever forgive u if u are caught lying. That does not mean people don't lie, but don't get caught! I prefer not to lie so I don't have to live with the burden of remembering every LIE.

1 Like

Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by frozen70(f): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2018
If they deport him
Where and how do they want him to start from
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by AreaFada2: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2018
ogbonti:

You are going round in circles and contradicting yourself.

After 5 years of lawful permanent residency, you get citizenship... (if you have a clean criminal record and no issues with taxes or other ethical matters)

HOWEVER, this man in question was not, is not a PERMANENT resident in 34 years, so why is it shocking to you he is NOT a citizen?

I would think go further.... others reading see this for what it is, baseless argument from you!
The question why his disability status did not help him get the status in 34 years. The explanation is for those not too proud or arrogant to learn. Because lots of decent and inquisitive minds read posts here. As a person who volunteered for many years part time at an immigrant and refugee centre, I stand a better chance to know than most.
I wonder where you got "permanent" from in my post. I never mentioned that. I hope codeine syrup is not at work. For a person who entered USA legally as a child and student, with profound disability, it is unusual. I do not know how you can claim to know all the details. You know better than the lawyers and others fighting his case? That is the reason it is news.
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by ogbonti: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
AreaFada2:

The question why his disability status did not help him get the status in 34 years. The explanation is for those not too proud or arrogant to learn. Because lots of decent and inquisitive minds read posts here. As a person who volunteered for many years part time at an immigrant and refugee centre, I stand a better chance to know than most.
I[b] wonder where you got "permanent" from in my post[/b]. I never mentioned that. I hope codeine syrup is not at work. For a person who entered USA legally as a child and student, with profound disability, it is unusual. I do not know how you can claim to know all the details. You know better than the lawyers and others fighting his case? That is the reason it is news.

You really lack the capacity to dissect constructive argument. Let me ask you, can you become a naturalized citizen "without" first being a permanent resident? If the answer is NO, then you have failed to recognize that I made an assumption on your premise about acquiring citizenship for this illegal immigrant.

Secondly, thank goodness the Internet is a resource to check lies. Mr. VOLUNTEER, I am posting a link here for everyone and YOU in particular to show me where someone can apply for US green card or even citizenship because he or she is disabled.

Here is the link to the USCIS website specifically stating the categories for acquiring a green card.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/eligibility-categories

PROVE YOUR CASE!

or you are the one high on crack!
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Roon9(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Follygunners:

You're just a *%$#@! You okoro folks are too weak minded... you seem to succumb to authoritarianism the way you're all loving this animal Trump. angry
You all must be scared of that man, Trump that you worship him.

You all need severe mental evaluation! angry

I won't banter with a retard
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by Univera(m): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lipscomb:
why what is wrong with you? Nigeria isn't a country or people not living there? You that talking where are you? Lazy youth the president is talking about.

d people wee de like ur comment na mumu
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by IchBinBrait(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2018
Re: Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos by IchBinBrait(m): 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2018
America...??
That country be forming stubborn.
Abegi!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Groom Crushed To Death In Car Crash While Going To His Wedding Reception / Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) / What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.