Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University (17105 Views)

Sexually Transmitted Degrees : 7 Things You Should Know / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by sarcasticdude(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2018
holywahala19:

Did you just smell the Euros Don't worry. Is me smelling cash!

Trafford rich guy. Lamborghini. Richer than BillGates
grin
Na so e dey take start
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by sarcasticdude(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2018
holywahala19:

Did you just smell the Euros Don't worry. Is me smelling cash!

Trafford rich guy. Lamborghini. Richer than BillGates
grin
Na so e dey take start
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Revolva(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2018
But some naija boys use it as avenue go cultism and naija gals use it as avenue to prostitute
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Sadiyaene(f): 8:01am On Sep 10, 2018
Why are u like this na May Allah have mercy on u
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Toxicwapsng: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2018
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Gggg102(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2018
don't go if you are not interested in academics.
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by webgenius234(m): 8:10am On Sep 10, 2018
but seriously naija university education is overrated. After secondary school, just choose a skill to develop and do certification exams. U will know better and safe urself of all these finish school no job sh*t
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by WiseStarr(m): 8:13am On Sep 10, 2018
Tokziby:
Times has changed and u surely need to add to it.

The most important thing to note is that, the University will not make u rich or get u employed just by good grades but finding a way to practicalize ur discipline.
If u are an auto/mechanical engineer, work with mechanics during hols or spare time, accountant move closer to the auditors or accounting company, civil engr go to sites, computer science go comp village or any computer school, lawyers work for free with Chambers etc and if u are studying courses like sociology, psychology and all those course that has no relevance in Nigeria, kindly learn a trade or two.

So that by the time u are done, u are able to stand on ur own or have an extra edge in the extremely over saturated labour market.

The university should be a place where they teach u practical knowledge of what u need to survive in the real life world, but in Nigeria it's a place where they show u theoretical knowledge with outdated books.

The only people that gets automatic employment are doctors.
Hence, whatever u do, get out there and get the relevant practical knowledge.

Thanks for this great advice, I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by WiseStarr(m): 8:17am On Sep 10, 2018
I love every part of this article but i'm poor at cooking, I can't even cook noodles...... temi bami
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by qanda: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Tokziby: 9:16am On Sep 10, 2018
WiseStarr:

Thanks for this great advice, I really appreciate it

U welcome bro
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Godmademan(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2018
olajebu:
The same university people go to and end up being jobless and poor .
This phase of Nigeria will pass. Jobs will come, those who are prepared will get engaged while those who failed to equip themselves will look on. Going to school is for your benefit only. Stop making it seem like u are favouring someone.
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by jojothaiv(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2018
The OP is on point like decimal...

I gbadun that number 7 wella
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Dafreeguy(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2018
tinnah:
Who university EPP?
U dey use style give urself hope for nt attending a uni..

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Divay22(f): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2018
WiseStarr:
I love every part of this article but i'm poor at cooking, I can't even cook noodles...... temi bami
Ordinary noodles
Bht you can make pap abi

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by vizkiz: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2018
Divay22:

Ordinary noodles
Bht you can make pap abi

You got it?
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Divay22(f): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2018
vizkiz:

You got it?
Yes, i did..
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by vizkiz: 10:24am On Sep 10, 2018
Divay22:

Yes, i did..

Akright, Waiting...
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2018
Don't ignore your spirituality, I don learn by force.
#crying
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Clintz4real: 11:25am On Sep 10, 2018
U an aspirant?
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by gentlegenius(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2018
Tokziby:
Times has changed and u surely need to add to it.

The most important thing to note is that, the University will not make u rich or get u employed just by good grades but finding a way to practicalize ur discipline.
If u are an auto/mechanical engineer, work with mechanics during hols or spare time, accountant move closer to the auditors or accounting company, civil engr go to sites, computer science go comp village or any computer school, lawyers work for free with Chambers etc and if u are studying courses like sociology, psychology and all those course that has no relevance in Nigeria, kindly learn a trade or two.

So that by the time u are done, u are able to stand on ur own or have an extra edge in the extremely over saturated labour market.

The university should be a place where they teach u practical knowledge of what u need to survive in the real life world, but in Nigeria it's a place where they show u theoretical knowledge with outdated books.

The only people that gets automatic employment are doctors. And it's because all they do is practicals on live patients and corpses.
Hence, whatever u do, get out there and get the relevant practical knowledge.

Best advice so far...
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by gentlegenius(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2018
geunik:

Davido with his 30billion went to school
Yea... He went there just to be counted among the graduates.
Will he ever use his University certificate to acquire anything? THINK!
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Kayleb26(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2018
I wish I read this 8 years ago

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by LIFE60edet(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
That's great because alot of good advice and motivational words are impacted; Do not try to be successful but also try to be a man of value

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protest In University Of Medical Science, Akure Campus Over Fake Affiliation / 7 Logos You Never Knew Were Satanic / Unaab 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.