Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,023 members, 7,828,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? (877 Views)

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Bird? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
I went to see a friend down the street, kinda played with some kids there and my cloth was actually wet so I decided to go to the back of the house to squeeze out the water (not wanting to display my 6pacs to those girls).
On getting to the back side of the house I saw this cute white bird but noticed that it can't fly.
I decided to take few shots to post here.

I don't really like birds but I wish to rescue this bird but kinda scared cos I don't even know where the bird came from and those in the compound said they also don't know how it got there...what do you think??
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
I couldn't go near the bird so I had to take this from a distance

Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by marshalldgreat(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
You can adopt the bird bro...
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Could this bird have been living with someone? The bird won't let me come near at all I had to zoom to take this pics

Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
marshalldgreat:
You can adopt the bird bro...
am thinking of this Sir buh I no nothing about bird and I don't know where this bird came from, it might be a witch bird who knows? grin
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
Seems the bird is feeling cold cos it rained heavily, I'm thinking that the heavy rain caused it not to be able to fly again embarassed

Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
may be injured, too wet and frail etc.... but the important part IS how does such bird stay "that" clean in such filthy environment?

see how many will tell you tocatch it and make pepper soup with that pigeon.
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
may be injured, too wet and frail etc.... but the important part IS does such bird stay "that" clean in such filthy environment?

see how many will tell you tocatch it and make pepper soup with that pigeon.
I'm even surprised at how white the bird is... Is that really a pigeon? It doesn't look like one cos it's very small and has a very pink beak, all its body is white with pink beak and yellow leg... It's very small, zooming the camera made it display as if it's big...

I'll go check it tomorrow and see whether I would be able to adopt the cute bird.

As for the pepper soup, no way! I don't eat snails, snakes, pigs not to talk of a bird.
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
if it is indeed as small as you imply, then it wont last the night and even rats will feast on it....the area seem too narrow for the bird to even fly away, and i guess it is hiding in that place.
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
if it is indeed as small as you imply, then it wont last the night and even rats will feast on it....the area seem too narrow for the bird to even fly away, and i guess it is hiding in that place.
yes! I guess it would die cos rat would be very much there at night with the way I see it... If it's still alive by tomorrow I would adopt it for some time and then give it out cos I don't like birds.
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by Baroba(m): 4:23am On Sep 10, 2018
You should have rescued it the day you saw it, leaving it till the next day leaves the weak bird open to predators such as cats, rats or even snakes.. Anyway your heart is in the right place. Just throw a towel over it to calm it down, then you can grab it.. let's hope it will still be alive by the time you get there, or it stronger and flew away..
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2018
Op update
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
Rabbitkingdom:
Op update
I went there in the afternoon just few hours ago to take the bird to my home but to my biggest surprise I couldn't find the bird, I asked people living in the compound some said it's dead, some said someone came to carry the bird, so said it had flew away and some said it disappeared... I don't know whom to believe out of those people grin
Re: I Came Across A Bird Just Now, What Do You Think Guys?? by AfricaNigerian: 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
Baroba:
You should have rescued it the day you saw it, leaving it till the next day leaves the weak bird open to predators such as cats, rats or even snakes.. Anyway your heart is in the right place. Just throw a towel over it to calm it down, then you can grab it.. let's hope it will still be alive by the time you get there, or it stronger and flew away..
I wish I had done that cry

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sale 4months Old Female Pitbul Available For New Home / Fresh Ground Mixed Meats For Dogs Dogfood / 10 Weeks Old Caucasian Shepherd Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.