Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) (29543 Views)

Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Gabriel Igbinedion's 83rd Birthday Celebration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by osazsky(m): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
[s][/s]
TroubleMaker47:

Stop foaming in the mouth and tell me how he made the money to do all those things!

TroubleMaker47:

Stop foaming in the mouth and tell me how he made the money to do all those things!
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
gaby:

Person wey dey celebrate him birthday according to him age?

This one na 84 days straight celebration. Ask people wey know how far..

You better carry you shokoto dey come Benin come form "celebrants family".

grin grin

I was born in Benin.
I know as e dey be.... Na August adverts /felicitations dey start for ITV

2 Likes

Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by gaby(m): 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
emeijeh:

I was born in Benin.
I know as e dey be.... Na August adverts /felicitations dey start for ITV

Spot on bro..
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Cregon: 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
...and na my birthday day mate be this o... From the same state. I can't even celebrate myself.

Infact, I will be wealthy in Jesus name, amen.

Make una wish me happy birthday in advance too na... Abeg
Biko

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Stemalex(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
I only came to see the face of his son Lucky Igbinedion sad
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by folake4u(f): 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
abumeinben:
This is the time you'll hate TV stations in Edo state. You go wan cry. grin

It's very annoying.
Since September 1st,we no gree hear word?
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by OyinO: 11:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
Adulteration of our culture and traditions by thieves in high places who are protected by the church and pastorpreneurs.
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Digitalwitch: 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Obaghatokpere iseeee
Oba what! angry angry angry angry
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by grandstar(m): 12:05am On Sep 10, 2018
Esseite:

Dont they have Yoruba's in edo again?

They are not Yoruba. They probably emigrated from Yoruba land but truth be told, they speak a language that isn't Yoruba and a lot of their culture also isn't fully Yoruba.

Yes, many may bear Yoruba names but they can't speak the language and they now have their own languages
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by donqx: 1:12am On Sep 10, 2018
ohh
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by hopexter(m): 1:42am On Sep 10, 2018
Jamesrock:
Dear God, let me live long to enjoy my wealth

Have the wealth first before such prayer. undecided
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Abdul3391(m): 2:21am On Sep 10, 2018
AreaFada2:

Esama title in Benin Kingdom is historically bestowed on an accomplished, upright, wealthy philanthropist. Often required to feed the poor. Which this Esama actually did setting up soup kitchens in Benin in the 1980s.

In the days when fine clothes and beads/pearls were very expensive, an Esama had to be stupendously wealthy. This is because he was required to dress up daily nearly as grand as the Oba.

While the Oba had/has a dedicated Royal Sartorial Guild led by Chief Uwangue of Benin Kingdom, the Esama has/had to finance his own fine clothes/attire alone. An Esama was/is also a frequent emissary of the Oba to big occasions both home and abroad.

He would dress so richly that his oriki/praise name is "Esama whose feet do not touch the mud".

It is therefore not a title inherited by the first son. The Oba selects a deserving philanthropist when the title becomes available.
thank you sir, I know all that and that's why I want to b a philanthropist too
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 2:25am On Sep 10, 2018
seyi360:
Oshiomole did well to unsit this family from the Edo Government house. Edo state was held hostage by this lineage. Lagos , kwara and likes will sooner or later be liberated from the firm and greedy hands of their captors.

Keep talking trash u hear. How many of ur so called captors have built a hospital and equiped it and pay doctors without even minding the fact that he is not making any profits from it. Ur oshiomole built a hospital like a plaza and left it like that for years.
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 2:28am On Sep 10, 2018
osazsky:
do u know who esama is? someone that got married to one of Benz daughter in the late 70s,a former police officer, esama is not a thief we hold him high in Edo,I think he is d greatest employer of labour in d south south, , an industrialist,he doesn't steal govt money and invest it abroad thereby giving d whites employment ,do u know how many family's that depends on him,he gives out multiple number of chcs , cathederal ,buildings as gifts every year to mark his birthday, sir employer of labour respect sir ,founder okada airline ,okada dry gin,limca,goldspot,igbinadion university,ibgbinedion sec, sch,independent television,independent radio,a state where AIT,silvetbird has folded up and couldn't pay tax and salaries yet independent television Itv and radio kept the flag flying,best station in Benin city ,this guy pays more than 20000 staff salaries and he is a wiseman ,I don't have respect for oshobaba thief that stole our oil money and used d money to build an airport in hatti to employ white people DAT we don't know just cuz of pussy spits on oshio same with ibori,Mr comentor what have u achieved and how many lives have u touched since u were born

Dont mind him. Esama pays consultants and other doctors and staff of his hospital even at a loss. Has a school where he loves his students to a fault. And he gets the best hands. Very nice man. If u know u know
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by AreaFada2: 3:16am On Sep 10, 2018
Stemalex:
I only came to see the face of his son Lucky Igbinedion sad

grin cheesy cheesy grin

That guy face vex me gan gan. 8 years as governor, nothing to show for it.

As much as I respect Sir Gabriel (Knighthood is typically used with first name unofficially, before they accuse me of disrespect), he could have made Lucky leave at least JUST ONE legacy as governor. After all, Esama's reputation helped his son in no small measure politically. But Alas nothing to write home about. Lucky's failure propelled Oshiomhole as governor. All Oshio had to do is do VISIBLY and cosmetically better than Lucky.

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Thegamingorca(m): 5:41am On Sep 10, 2018
gaby:

You be obhi epaaa...I carry nyansh up take hail you sir....

Which side you kak? Airport road or upper?

One love sir

Nyash grin

Na akpapava you hail from?
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by babsbolad: 6:09am On Sep 10, 2018
slawomir:

you know nothing daughter

Benin kingdom owns that attire

ask your grand father or better still ask the ooni of ife. he knows better because the first ooni of ife is a Bini man
Lier...You're saying the otherwise. You need to be learned of the historical facts of the land. Check the lineage which the Oba of Benins came from. I'm sure you'll boost your awareness with that

2 Likes

Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Evidenx(m): 7:06am On Sep 10, 2018
oladele00:
Great man... He is a strong member of the APC... God bless you sir
great man no doubt,but he is not an APC man oo.. He is a strong PDP man oo,i know this man like i know my name.
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Evidenx(m): 7:14am On Sep 10, 2018
slawomir:

ask your grand father or better still ask the ooni of ife. he knows better because the first ooni of ife is a Bini man
Omo Eu-khin.(a real Child you are)

2 Likes

Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by gaby(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Nyash grin

Na akpapava you hail from?

Lol...
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by abumeinben(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2018
folake4u:

It's very annoying.
Since September 1st,we no gree hear word?

Sorry ehn...I remember school days, September ways a "forget TV and radio" month. Even Silverbird TV caught the virus, annoyingly.
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2018
Wow, that's my Deputy governor beside him.
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by jolomiurenyi(m): 8:33am On Sep 10, 2018
emmasege:
We (Yorubas) lead, others follow. Aji se bi Oyo la nri, Oyo kii se bi Baba enikankan.

Agbaya, who Yoruba EPP
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Eddy2cute(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Obaghatokpere iseeee
he's not the oba! That phrase is used to ascribe only the oba of Benin

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Eddy2cute(m): 8:41am On Sep 10, 2018
Ilekeh:
I've been wanting to ask; has Yoruba traditional attire become the national attire for every tribe?
I can't be the only one noticing this.

Soon some too will claim that it no man's attire. Clowns.
Yoruba's and benin's are intertwined culturaly agbaya
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Eddy2cute(m): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2018
momodub:
Osama himself okada airline those days
its Esama
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Eddy2cute(m): 8:45am On Sep 10, 2018
Abdul3391:
I like this Man's title.

I will luv to be called that someday 'son of the people' ESAMA
esama means someone that his foot doesn't touches the mud
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Eddy2cute(m): 8:48am On Sep 10, 2018
FroshD:
The second oba of benin cheesy ....i remember back in my secondary school days there in benin, wen the school mgt chase us because of no school fees me n my guys will see excuse just to stroll n gist down to sapele road.... from there we will head down to dis man's estate just stand outside n just say to ourselves "omo see money" only this man family house na full street... full street!!! cheesy cheesy
gbayi. You really grow for Benin. He has eleven mansions including church and mousqe in his compound. Full street.beside Edo state government house opposite golf court.
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by noruwasman(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2018
slawomir:

You have time to educate her only if she will learn
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Jamesrock(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2018
hopexter:

Have the wealth first before such prayer. undecided
Wait ooo!!! Is it ur prayer nii, abi what's ur problem go smoke weed gay
Re: Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) by Abdul3391(m): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2018
Eddy2cute:
esama means someone that his foot doesn't touches the mud
that's meee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Storm Maiduguri (Photos) / Sultan of Sokoto: North Is The Worst Place To Live, Bandits Operate Freely / Fayose Steals The Show At Udiroko Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.