Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Tips For Identifying Fake Job Alert In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tips For Identifying Fake Job Alert In Nigeria (349 Views)

Protecting Yourself Against Fake Job Offers This Festive Season / List Of Fake Job Address In Lagos State / This Is The List Of Fake Job Addresses Collated (not Exhaustive). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Identifying Fake Job Alert In Nigeria by JobNoticer: 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
Tips for Identifying Fake Job Alert in Nigeria

If you haven’t gotten any fake job alert in Nigeria,  just thank God. I remember in my final year as an undergraduate a faceless company sent me a text message that made me waste over N14, 000.

When I got to the venue that day I found out that my friend was cut up in a trap of guys doing this act. These guys are not machines, neither are they robots. They are just like you and I just that they have bad intent and they pretend to be what they are not.

Today we will give you some tips on what to look out for in identifying a fake job alert in Nigeria. Note, this tip is not limited to what we will be putting down here. Just note this few and expand on others.

Also, I would like to bring to your notice that whatever is written down on this blog is a personal experience.

Sometime In 2015, Vanguard newspaper reported that 80% of online jobs in Nigeria are fake jobs. So be careful!

Ways to Identify Scam Jobs / Fake jobs in Nigeria

The company has no credible online presence
They eventually ask for money
The messaging template
Job interview versus job briefing
No specific title
No Credible Online Presence

This is 21 century every company is going global with their mode of recruitment. If the company or organization has no formal online method of collecting feedback, know that they are scammers.

They will demand money

I’ll be very straight with this and at the same time, I will be very blunt. If any RECRUITER asks you to pay any money for job processing or any cash to cover any expenses note that this is a SCAM.

The message template

With the internet, you can get the message template of top companies in Nigeria. But listen to this, screen all template you see else you’ll be a victim of Fake recruiters

Ask senior colleagues questions about the offer. Don’t forget LinkedIn is available to help you out with this.

An ideal job invitation should come via three channels; a phone call, an email and a text message. Text messages do not work in isolation.

The only exception would be a text message that is very detailed. Such messages have the name of the company and a number to call. But generally, any company that is worth its salt would not send an sms in isolation; not even for the position of a cleaner.

Like we mentioned earlier, a serious company would put a call through to the candidate, send an email and then might send an SMS.

SMS is sometimes the last thing they send to you as a reminder after they have sent you a mail. They will make reference to the mail they sent to you in the message.

Job interview/job briefing

Job interview versus job briefing. Some scammer  will use this terms “Job interview versus job briefing”

Please, real recruiters, do not use terms like this.

Example of a FAKE job alert

“You’ve invited for an interview / Briefing on Mon 10/09/18 by 9am at 19 Bode Thomas Rd, Awoyokun / Onipanu B/Stop, Lag 09080416747www.medproglo….” – Fake Job Alert in Nigeria

No specific title

If you check the sample of the message above you’ll find out that there is no specific title. The major aim of the message is to bring you down to the view.

This is a real job alert “Sequel to the mail sent earlier, this is to remind you of your interview session on Monday 10/09/2018 by 10am prompt. Recall to your email for details”. - Note this is also FAKE

If you look at the content of the message above you’ll find out that it’s a reminder to the previous mail they sent to you. So be wise!

Summary

We would advise you to feel free to drop any job alert you are not comfortable within the comment box below and we will look at it together.

Don't forget to be security conscious when any job interview you don't trust the source.

Good luck!

SOURCE: http://www.jobnoticer.com/how-to-identify-fake-job-alert-in-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Identifying Fake Job Alert In Nigeria by JobNoticer: 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2018
JobNoticer:
Tips for Identifying Fake Job Alert in Nigeria

If you haven’t gotten any fake job alert in Nigeria,  just thank God. I remember in my final year as an undergraduate a faceless company sent me a text message that made me waste over N14, 000.

When I got to the venue that day I found out that my friend was cut up in a trap of guys doing this act. These guys are not machines, neither are they robots. They are just like you and I just that they have bad intent and they pretend to be what they are not.

Today we will give you some tips on what to look out for in identifying a fake job alert in Nigeria. Note, this tip is not limited to what we will be putting down here. Just note this few and expand on others.

Also, I would like to bring to your notice that whatever is written down on this blog is a personal experience.

Sometime In 2015, Vanguard newspaper reported that 80% of online jobs in Nigeria are fake jobs. So be careful!

Ways to Identify Scam Jobs / Fake jobs in Nigeria

The company has no credible online presence
They eventually ask for money
The messaging template
Job interview versus job briefing
No specific title
No Credible Online Presence

This is 21 century every company is going global with their mode of recruitment. If the company or organization has no formal online method of collecting feedback, know that they are scammers.

They will demand money

I’ll be very straight with this and at the same time, I will be very blunt. If any RECRUITER asks you to pay any money for job processing or any cash to cover any expenses note that this is a SCAM.

The message template

With the internet, you can get the message template of top companies in Nigeria. But listen to this, screen all template you see else you’ll be a victim of Fake recruiters

Ask senior colleagues questions about the offer. Don’t forget LinkedIn is available to help you out with this.

An ideal job invitation should come via three channels; a phone call, an email and a text message. Text messages do not work in isolation.

The only exception would be a text message that is very detailed. Such messages have the name of the company and a number to call. But generally, any company that is worth its salt would not send an sms in isolation; not even for the position of a cleaner.

Like we mentioned earlier, a serious company would put a call through to the candidate, send an email and then might send an SMS.

SMS is sometimes the last thing they send to you as a reminder after they have sent you a mail. They will make reference to the mail they sent to you in the message.

Job interview/job briefing

Job interview versus job briefing. Some scammer  will use this terms “Job interview versus job briefing”

Please, real recruiters, do not use terms like this.

Example of a FAKE job alert

“You’ve invited for an interview / Briefing on Mon 10/09/18 by 9am at 19 Bode Thomas Rd, Awoyokun / Onipanu B/Stop, Lag 09080416747www.medproglo….” – Fake Job Alert in Nigeria

No specific title

If you check the sample of the message above you’ll find out that there is no specific title. The major aim of the message is to bring you down to the view.

This is a real job alert “Sequel to the mail sent earlier, this is to remind you of your interview session on Monday 10/09/2018 by 10am prompt. Recall to your email for details”. - Note this is also FAKE

If you look at the content of the message above you’ll find out that it’s a reminder to the previous mail they sent to you. So be wise!

Summary

We would advise you to feel free to drop any job alert you are not comfortable within the comment box below and we will look at it together.

Don't forget to be security conscious when any job interview you don't trust the source.

Good luck!

SOURCE: http://www.jobnoticer.com/how-to-identify-fake-job-alert-in-nigeria/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Opening For Consultant Anaethetist / Become A Localepp Assistant / Unilever Nigeria Plc Latest Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.