Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig (454 Views)

Real Madrid Defender, David Alaba Apologizes After Barcelona 4-0 Defeate / "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat / Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig by candygist: 7:14am On Sep 10, 2018
Libya coach, Adel Amrouche has apologised after he accused Nigeria’s Super Eagles of relying on “Juju” to win their games.

Amrouche made this statement after the game between Libya and South Africa in Durban which ended in a scoreless draw. He said after the game that he was looking forward to playing against the Super Eagles.

He said:

South Africa is a fantastic team and have fantastic players and it’s not easy to play against them.

For me, I’m ready for Nigeria; if they want we can play both games in Nigeria; they believe in juju and we believe in God.
Later, he tweeted an apology after he was called out for his statement

His tweet reads:

I apologise to the Nigeria football community for using the words JUJU in the press conference in SA. I used the word in jest. I respect Nigerians and their RICH football tradition. I’m a man who likes joking,but I realise I used the word out of context. Please accept my apologies.

Below is how Nigerians on Twitter reacted to his apology.

To see more and funny reactions visit
http://www.candygist.com/?m=1

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Dominique
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seen

Re: Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig by MightySparrow: 7:17am On Sep 10, 2018
So arabs and blacks season thesame way?
Re: Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig by bigtt76(f): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2018
Whar Nollywood propagated coming back to haunt us all grin
Re: Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:24am On Sep 10, 2018
He should be fine for this hate speech by caf or fifa.. or else he will do the same thing again.. undecided
Re: Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig by Kalashnikov102(m): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2018
How him take know the word)(juju) sef
We Nigerians can sell our sef ehn sad
Re: Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games, Nig by chiboy1116: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
The man lie neh? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Accurate Daily Football Prediction / POAK Vs Chelsea: Why Hazard, Luiz, Kovacic Will Not Play – Sarri / Man United To Play Wolves Without Five Good Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.