Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,665 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

"I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat (33513 Views)

Real Madrid Defender, David Alaba Apologizes After Barcelona 4-0 Defeate / Kurt Zouma Kicks And Slaps His Cat (Video) / William Ribeiro Arrested After Kicking Referee In Head In On-Pitch Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2022

The Met Police have decided not to investigate a video which showed West Ham defender Kurt Zouma kicking his cat across his kitchen floor.

Despite the 27-year-old issuing an apology for the disturbing video obtained by The Sun newspaper, in which he is also seen slapping his pet in the face, Zouma will face no formal charge from the force over the incident.

The RSPCA, however, has condemned the "very upsetting" video and said "we will always look into and, if necessary, investigate any complaints made to us about animal welfare."

The Frenchman's brother, Yoan, is believed to have filmed the incident inside the defender's home before posting it to Snapchat on Sunday afternoon, just a day after West Ham's FA Cup fourth-round win at Kidderminster.

Zouma can be seen in his kitchen picking up the cat before dropping it and booting it into the air across the kitchen.

He is also seen chasing the Bengal cat around his dining room in front of a child while the cameraman is heard laughing.

The £30m former Chelsea centre-back is then filmed throwing a pair of shoes at the animal as it tries to escape. A final clip shows him slapping the cat in the face and out of the child's arms.

Zouma: I'm deeply sorry

Zouma has since issued an apology for the attack and insisted it was an isolated incident.

"I also want to say how deeply sorry I am to anyone who was upset by the video," he said. "I would like to assure everyone that our two cats are perfectly fine and healthy.

"They are loved and cherished by our entire family, and this behaviour was an isolated incident that will not happen again."

A West Ham statement said: "West Ham United unreservedly condemns the actions of our player, Kurt Zouma, in the video that has circulated.

"We have spoken to Kurt and will be dealing with the matter internally, but we would like to make it clear that we in no way condone cruelty towards animals."

Animal welfare charity the RSPCA condemned Zouma's actions and reiterated the importance of reporting suspected animal suffering.

"This is a very upsetting video. It's never acceptable to kick, hit or slap an animal, for punishment or otherwise," an RSPCA spokesperson said.

"We are so grateful to people who report suspected animal suffering to us and we would like to reassure people we will always look into and, if necessary, investigate any complaints made to us about animal welfare."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/12535891/kurt-zouma-west-ham-defender-will-not-be-investigated-by-met-police-over-video-of-him-kicking-his-cat

1 Like

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by jenny005: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
Even the americans respect animals. It's well

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by jaytii(f): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
When you make Aunty Nkechi your favourite pet

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by illicit(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
Village people

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Odewaleadesoye(m): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
Don't do it again!

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Craggybogg: 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2022
We Nigerians reason differently, we might not really see this as a big deal.

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by zyro: 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2022
Shows the love he has for his pet smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Candidlady: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
smiley
Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by delzbaba(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
If they call this one monkey now he'll start crying, animal behaviour.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by chukwuibuipob: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
sad Cat wey we dey see as village pipu/chase with HOLY GHOST FIRE

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by flemsy15(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
These whites respect animal lives more than we respect human lives

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Samuelojonla123(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Apology because I beat my own pet, nothing wey we no go see

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by SultanOfPuna: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Na Pussy wan destroy this Guy career

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by MITCHELL96: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
What he did was bad, even his sponsor, Adidas is investigating the matter, na this kind people and behaviour the make whites label us one kind weird name like that, why beat a defenceless animal that way ? Is that not madness ?

Sigh undecided

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by tragergeorge(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Skewu(cat) wen we de dry here take run better Banga soup...all this people de fukk up

1 Like

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by OBALOLA55(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
angry

IS THE IDIOT IN THE PRISON YET angry

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by tragergeorge(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
exey:
animals too just like humans has rigts
na you de eat namanama abi
Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Winningbot: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Most everything be on the media?

See as this one want put im brother for problem just like that

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by PIPPROF(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Cat for uk
Get value pass human for northern naija

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Enemyofpeace: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Thing wey him suppose to cook chop,, him dey waste time dey kick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Fashionista01(f): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Cat is a nice pet.
Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Enemyofpeace: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
PIPPROF:
Cat for uk
Get value pass human for northern naija
cat for pepper soup
Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
Oyinbo ppl funny sha
I for dn knack that cat two by two

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by BigBelleControl(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
Fighting for animal rights Is only people in an environment where human rights have been well taken care of.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by nickyj19: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
sad Cat wey we dey see as village pipu/chase with HOLY GHOST FIRE
we kill one big black one on December 11
Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hm
Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by NwaNimo1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2022

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Deeply Sorry". Zouma Apologizes After Kicking His Cat by streetsoldier1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
someone should pls tell me this is a joke. They should comman see the way flogged my dog over the weekend

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iheanacho, Musa, Iwobi And Others Pay Respect To Carl Ikeme / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Scores Stunning Bicycle Kick Goal In MLS, Fans React (Photos) / 6 African Players That Had The Most Impact On World Football - by Naptu2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.