Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:03 AM

In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters (6339 Views)

Heritage Bank: NDIC Goes After N700bn Loan Defaulters, Lists 2.3m Depositors / GIGM To FIRS: Expunge Our Name From List Of Tax Defaulters / Tax Defaulters: Oyo Govt Seals Banks In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by Abagworo(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2018
That's absolute thrash. My private company was served a notice of 530 million Naira tax from 2015 through 2017 at average of 180 million Naira per annum. Meanwhile I have tax clearance up to 2017 and they claimed my company under declared basing their claims on billion Naira turnovers. Turnovers are not always directly related to profit or even the account owner's worth.

2 Likes

Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by Hotfreeze: 9:00am On Sep 10, 2018
Abagworo:
That's absolute thrash. My private company was served a notice of 530 million Naira tax from 2015 through 2017 at average of 180 million Naira per annum. Meanwhile I have tax clearance up to 2017 and they claimed my company under declared basing their claims on billion Naira turnovers. Turnovers are not always directly related to profit or even the account owner's worth.

This policy is just to do one thing: hound those who refuse to pay income tax or underpay same. If you pay your correct tax, approach the Tax Appeal Tribunal and FIRS would back off.
Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by lollmaolol(m): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2018
30 billion gang, kindly note

I hate to hear story that touch
Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by Horus(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9cibhwG7wg

No Nigerian can evade tax payment — FIRS

The Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Mr Babatunde Fowler says with the introduction of Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS), no Nigerian can evade tax payment.
Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by Abagworo(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2018
Hotfreeze:

This policy is just to do one thing: hound those who refuse to pay income tax or underpay same. If you pay your correct tax, approach the Tax Appeal Tribunal and FIRS would back off.

Is it not based on your profit declaration? How do you determine who underpayed or not without accepting his annual performance report arguing that turnover is too high for claims of low profit.

1 Like

Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by Jarus(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2018
bluecircle470:

Maybe you should go and teach them their jobs

It's not today I started teaching them.
Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by Franco1423: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
Npower/Federal Ministry of Finance refuse to pay Ntax
7months stipend after working
Ntax is a category under Npower 2017 which Minister
of Finance Kemi Adeosun and Vice president Yemi
Osinbajo created to increase tax payment across the 36
states. They promise to train 7500 out 300,000 from
2017 Npower beneficiary, and they have started the
training in Federal Treasury Academy, Orozo Abuja last
year. Up to this moment they have trained 36 batches.
Here are the problem facing by each category.
Stream 1-22 have been receiving their stipend up to
date
Stream 22-28 have never received any stipend. (7
months )
Stream 29-36 have not been deploy talk less of
payment. (Since June)
Here is what one of the Ctlo said
"It was like a dream come through when we were all
called to report for training which took us the whole
week in Abuja(orozo). After the training we were
deployed to our different state to carry out the
voluntary assignment as CTLO under the Npower arm of
special intervention programme. But it is over 7months
now we have not been given a dime as promised. Many
of us move up and down to carry out the VAIDS
exercise with our own pocket thinking that we would
be paid soon. Its over 7months now that batch 22-28
CTLOs are hoping to get paid. We have tried to reach
Npower through our state to make move for our
payment but all to know avail. We are appealing to the
appropriate authorities to please come to our rescue as
many of us are finding it difficult to feed our family. As
we quite appreciate the concept of this programme, we
would further appreciate if our stipend is immediately
paid....
Re: In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters by Ugosample(m): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
Abagworo:

Is it not based on your profit declaration? How do you determine who underpayed or not without accepting his annual performance report arguing that turnover is too high for claims of low profit.

You need to get a tax consultant and sort that thing out.

That's your best bet

He will appeal the tax Bill for you

But it will cost you small sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses / Is Alliance In Motion Global A Scam? / How To Make Money Producing High Quality Paints That Meet Market Demand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.