Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class (3623 Views)

Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx / Precious Oyelade Made 1st-class In Cambridge With Her Nollywood-based Thesis / Redeemer’s University Produces 20 First Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Ehido(m): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2010
What we are seeing is the benefit of Good Education from unbiased, sincere and well trained lecturers that are willing to help their students to learn.

Our Public univerisities are still stuck in their old ways of teaching, I think instead of criticising the Private Universities ( I mean the serious ones) we should pray that the God should help the not so privileged ones to have a good education in our public universities. What happened to our secondary school system might soon happen to our universities.

I only hope that the Government will come in Upgrade facilities in our Universities, and also that companies will sponsor world class research in our Universities.

I know if most of us had the benefit of world Class Education we will surely think differently about this result, because when you are taught well you will perform well.
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by sd6: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2010
I was initially pertubed by the projective attitude of the poster who rather should have been informative. I may tender my acquiescence to the reasoning that the inconsistencies in public universities should not be blindly and irrationally upheld. However am obstinate with my reservations against self-acclaimed superiority by private university ambassadors. Such melodramatic projections of standards are counterproductive and could culminate in further alienation of private universities. Succinctly, they should be more productive rather than being projective.
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by emisun(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2010
I believe it amounts to pathetic fallacious statements if any one states that private unis are better compared to public unis. First, unis are capital intensive and so can't be an issue an individual can hand(don't tryna prove me wrong citing their source revenue). Secondly, most private unis are profit making outfit for some irrational animals that go by the name "politicians". And finally, the cadre of people u see in the private unis don't get a picture of what survival of the fittest is all about in these crazy world of conflicting values and interest that will perpetually keep us having wars around the globe.
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Omolulu(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2010
emisun:

I believe it amounts to pathetic fallacious statements if any one states that private unis are better compared to public unis. First, unis are capital intensive and so can't be an issue an individual can hand(don't tryna prove me wrong citing their source revenue). Secondly, most private unis are profit making outfit for some irrational animals that go by the name "politicians". And finally, the cadre of people u see in the private unis don't get a picture of what survival of the fittest is all about in these crazy world of conflicting values and interest that will perpetually keep us having wars around the globe.
quite a dumb post, survival of the fittest has nothing to do with schools u know, crappy thinking
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by bachangel: 12:55am On Jul 09, 2010
For those fools who think that because Covenant University produced 95 first class students in the whole graduating set of over 1, 000, its an unworthy school or it has been watered down, esp whoever said 1st class in cu, 2:2 in a pub univ, it shows how un-intelligent and unobjective u are.

You dont need to be Einstein to reason logically!!, go to Cambridge University or Oxford University's websites or evn my own uni, University College London and see the number of people who graduate with first class esp in cambridge!!, almost a third of the graduates in some depts, this shows that the students are actually smart and they are studying in reasonable environments!!, so the fact that there are a lot of first class students mean that the students themselves are smart, that simple!!

afterall in the so called public unis, don't some people buy there ways thru degrees
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by bachangel: 1:03am On Jul 09, 2010
'Quote from: emisun on July 07, 2010, 02:20 PM
I believe it amounts to pathetic fallacious statements if any one states that private unis are better compared to public unis. First, unis are capital intensive and so can't be an issue an individual can hand(don't tryna prove me wrong citing their source revenue). Secondly, most private unis are profit making outfit for some irrational animals that go by the name "politicians". And finally, the cadre of people u see in the private unis don't get a picture of what survival of the fittest is all about in these crazy world of conflicting values and interest that will perpetually keep us having wars around the globe.'

'quite a dumb post, survival of the fittest has nothing to do with schools u know, crappy thinking'

exactly it is a very stupid post!!, people that like forming grammer are the ones who have the most unsensible things to say!!!, so what does survival of the fittest have to do with academic learning, why didnt u go and study in a jungle and have your lectures in caves or on top of trees if u wanted survival of the fittest, just because you live a comfortable life in private unis dont make it worse or doesnt mean they dont know abt survival in the 'crazy world'.!!
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Odunnu: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2010
Give me 2.2 UNN certificate,than 1st class Covenant jor!
Those graduates are a shame to tertiary education in 9ja.
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
@odunnu cant believe u are also saying this c'mon u have to be more objective than that if the students merit it they should get it well it depends its ur opinion but it should be more opened than that!!!!!
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Omolulu(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
Odunnu:

Give me 2.2 UNN certificate,than 1st class Covenant jor!
Those graduates are a shame to tertiary education in 9ja.

u are a shame to tertiary education urself by displaying this type of logic
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
95?  shocked In my graduating class of 2004 there were just 8 of us out of over 1500 students.
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Odunnu: 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2010
Omolulu:

u are a shame to tertiary education urself by displaying this type of logic
Easy man,dnt hurt urself!
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by sd6: 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
@bachangel, u're a fo.ol! I can't believe an outcast like u can open ur unbrushed set of teeth from London or wherever the hell u're. Do Nigeria and London share any resemblance? How dare u say one is unintelligent? Wat d f**k are u studying there? Let me challenge u. C.U or U.C whatever u numbskulls call it has no generally accepted degree valuation system. And since it is discrepant, it has no modicum of comparative superiority. Let me inform u depending on ur age, that mst of the nigerians who studied abroad in the seventies were unable to pass jamb. Today, a lot of the babies in private universities did not pass jamb and thus were unable to secure admission into the public universities. Ignoramus!
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by sd6: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
@my ealier post, i meant "wat d f.uck!" Moderators, stop this! Hw will someone get d meaning of " wat d be intimate" there better ways to do ur job!
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by sd6: 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
I meant "Wat d 4uck"
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Marhoski(m): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2010
abeg is it 2 hard to have a's in secondary schools? Why not ist class then? This is just nigerian mentality.
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by voiceout1: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
The issue on the number of first class graduate, should be looked at from a different perspective. This calls for a major cause of concern. I think their honors were well deserved.coz they made good use of their opportunity. The issue whether or not they deserve it or not does not change a thing , they have been honored.
What should be looked at from a logical point of view, it's the quality of education. it's what u do with dat really matters,
THE WAY FORWARD IS TO STOP BEING ILLOGICALLY BIASED AT PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS !!! I DON'T SEE ANY THING WRONG BEING REWARDED WITH FIRST CLASS IN AN ENABLING ENVIRONMENT,
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by logtech: 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2011
if we are to be realistic.
A first class degree needs a steady suppl of A's and B's (scores ranging form 60 - 100%)
in a well balanced environment i believe this is possible to achieve.

some facts are stated below:
one out of every seven student from Cambridge leaves with a first class
one out of every ten UK graduates has a first class
an average of 5% leave Harvard with a first class

Nigerian academicians have just decided to make this thing difficult for students to achieve thus frustrating deserving students.

I know Nigerians have the capacity, we should all really believe we do.
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2011
From my personal point of view i see that C.U had to do wat it did because it is a private entity which sums the need to graduate students wit 1st class thereby attracting more underaged students to realise the goal of just PROFIT MAKING.
Most students in public uni's try their best to dodge the whims and caprices of heartless lecturers but still grad.wit a 2.1 or 1st are better off than students whose grades wer even boosted for the interest of the obtaining a job.
Most students in c.u were people that ran away from the rigolous selection of post-jamb in public school afraid 2 have a pact with hardwork and resilience.As 4 me 1st class grads. Of a pub.uni will become an emeritus prof. In any priv.uni because they have been adapted 2 hard circumstances and stress but still remained focused cool
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by Masta2: 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2011
Fact is, news of those degrees will be consistently met with a degree of cynicism by the wider public for the mere fact that the school is still building an academic pedigree. Perhaps after two decades and a host of successful alumni the question of quality of graduates will be put to rest. By the way, in response to the earlier post that stated they (Private schools) graduates are preferred to public schools for the majority of employers now, I find that hard to believe. Please state valid sources of statistics quoted for the benefit of the enlightenment of this forum.

P.S. Two of my siblings graduated from other private universities and i commend the effort the founders made in attempting to bridge the education gap in Nigeria
Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by coded777: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
denzel2009:

@poster
i can tell u in public that it is complete fraud and runs coz i know
many students that attends this kinds of school that can not even
perform up to expectations in their chosen fields and more so i can't
say it to the face of their modafuking V.C that there are lot more better students in publci uni.,

Re: Covenant University Produces 95 1st Class by creazor(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2011
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS is just the best place to be!
UNILAG has the face of both the public and the private university. UNILAG produces an average 100 first class students per session (in recent times), and all these students are actually solid first class in content, and will remain first class anywhere in the world. A UNILAG student or graduate with CGPA of 4.00 and above will do excellently well anywhere.
The system here is just fine. The standard of study is good, though it could better. The syllabus is standard anywhere in the world. Though there are a few 'sadist' lecturers, most of them are actually trying to be tough and bring the best out of their students,  maybe overdone.
BUT any student that can pass through all these and still come out as FIRST CLASS is definitely worth it!  Especially when u finished from THE GREAT FACULTY OF ENGINEERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Generally, if Nigerian engineering students are given the same opportunity and standard (practical) as our brothers abroad, there's no limit to the technological innovations that will come out of Nigeria everyday. By and large, [color=#770077]Nigerians are very creative thinkers. Let's think of impacting our nation and the world positively, and not just comparing first class degrees of universities.[/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

2nd round of merit list release by lagos state university / How To Change Department After Admision In University / A Babcock University Chick Video Of Her Doing Dirty Dance LEAKED!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.