Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man (47093 Views)

Wedding Guests Beat Christiana Erekere (Policewoman) To Death In Rivers / American Police Officer Shoots At Man After Mistaking Sound Of Acorn For Gunshot / Bauchi Man Shoots And Kills Wife After Mistaking Her For His Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
FisifunKododada:

Oponu. How many whites are living in Nigeria?
if you were not a bigger oponu your contracted brain would have told you "maybe , he's lived among whites too" . And that's his opinion/ experience.
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by SarcasticGenius(m): 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
Badgers14:

I always try to avoid playing the race card and I see where you are coming from but this case here I am afraid is nothing but racist.

What irked me was that the District Attorney is filing a manslaughter charge against the officer. That's bullśhit, just a case of law enforcement protecting their own.
If you revise the players, the District Attorney would have charged the guy for first degree murder and strong armed robbery and ask for the death penalty.

Then the D.A would be bouncing about in the courtroom about how the officer was a loving mother, aunty, wife, how she was dedicated to her job and family, show the jury her high school picture, she was a member of the choir since she was 1 year old and all those crap, then will paint the black as a thug, gangster that took the life of this beautiful woman......crap crap.

I believe the D.A and the police department want her to get away but if they don't upgrade her charges to first degree murder and prosecute her accordingly. Their will be a big riot in Dallas, folks gon make some noise which might not be good for them.

This is just miscarriage of justice.

But how can you be certain she shot him JUST BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK? What if she would have reacted the same way if he had been white? Coming "home" and finding a strange man in what you believe to be your apartment, no matter what race he is, must be a very unnerving experience. If you are the nervous, trigger-happy type, and you happened to have a gun on you, you'd probably shoot first then ask questions later. That line of reasoning is of course particularly stupid when the victim is unarmed, and when it turns out that you walked into the wrong apartment.

Under those circumstances, manslaughter is the right charge because if they hit her with a murder charge, they'd have to prove malice, which would be extremely difficult given the scenario at hand.

I don't feel sorry for her, neither am I justifying her, I'm just warning against jumping to conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by fabienjoe: 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
ojlifa:
All of una when won go america.death rate there is far higher than Nigeria oh

Are you for real?
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Yayajalo: 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
The same house, what of the furniture and other stuff abi everything na same 2 same

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Ojiofor: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Very unfortunate incident.My neighboor that lives above my apartment have mistakenly inserted his keys into my door in several occassions but good enough I always lock my doors when am home.
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by erico2k2(m): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Why Manslaughter? it should be Murder

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Edusouls(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
haba see correct handsome man,educated, cute, and very decent, this phsycopathic, ugly, devil incarnate police woman wasted,which kind world be this..

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by deebest8(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
It’s will still go back to racist,how will go into someone else apartment and kill him just like that thinking it’s was your apartment ,oh Because u are above the law what happen to calling a backup when you observed that your apartment is under break in.am just angry over these look at that young man eye ,he has a destination and you cut it off ,good luck to you that it is America (look how am living now) embarassed

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by davidodiba(m): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
GentleMoney:
BLACK LIVES MATTER
BLACK LIVES MATTER
BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!!!

Yes..it matters.
BLACKS MUST KNOW THAT THEIR LIVES MATTER!

WHITE MEN AND WOMEN HATE BLACKS!!!

Let this sink into our skulls!!!!!!!!.,.,.,!!,,!!,!,,!!!

RIP BRO

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by davidodiba(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
GentleMoney:
BLACK LIVES MATTER
BLACK LIVES MATTER
BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!!!

Yes..it matters.
BLACKS MUST KNOW THAT THEIR LIVES MATTER!

WHITE MEN AND WOMEN HATE BLACKS!!!

Let this sink into our skulls!!!

RIP BRO
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by cmecproblem(m): 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
In my little nephews voice "maybe the guy used to play loud music too much. "
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by marvinsync(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
Netanyahu1:
The whole story is yet to come out. I'm sure this is a crime of passion this lady thinks she can get out of it cause she's a cop. For those screaming racism , hush already. I have seen more black on black hate in Nigeria than white on black in America. Before you call someone racist look Your self in the mirror.

racism is racism

just cause we racist doesn't mean they less racist !

and yes it's racist !!!

if u find an intruder in ur house and u have a gun , as a professional police officer u shout
freeze !!
u don't just start shooting up the place

she probably saw that he was black and as a racist shot him without tryna think !

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Badgers14: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2018
SarcasticGenius:

But how can you be certain she shot him JUST BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK? What if she would have reacted the same way if he had been white? Coming "home" and finding a strange man in what you believe to be your apartment, no matter what race he is, must be a very unnerving experience. If you are the nervous, trigger-happy type, and you happened to have a gun on you, you'd probably shoot first then ask questions later. That line of reasoning is of course particularly stupid when the victim is unarmed, and when it turns out that you walked into the wrong apartment.

Under those circumstances, manslaughter is the right charge because if they hit her with a murder charge, they'd have to prove malice, which would be extremely difficult given the scenario at hand.

I don't feel sorry for her, neither am I justifying her, I'm just warning against jumping to conclusions.

Police are highly trained (supposedly) and they should be held in a higher bar in these situations.

My argument was not that she shot him because he has black. My argument was that the D.A would have filed strong armed robbery charge (because she had a gun) and first degree murder because the victim died had it been that the black guy shot the officer. But the D.A is not applying same here because reputation of the police department/law enforcement is on the line.

Remember the officer was NOT on duty at the time and thus was acting in her capacity as a private citizen.

Look at this argument, "she entered in a house she thought was hers and shot the occupant." That's just crap. Failing every test in the book, recall rules of engagement? The police woman was properly trained to mitigate/avoid these situations and she failed to that bringing disrepute to the force.

Just like the affluneza teen, yeah I was driving drunk (underaged) and I killed 4 people and injured others because my dad is rich and I was suffering from affluenza but the same judge that let him off on probation sentenced another juvenile to 20 years in prison for a lesser crime.

This is just a shame and in Texas just like Florida anything is possible. Shameful justice system.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by golddust6000(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Netanyahu1:
maggot ? Look yourself in the mirror. Only frustrated people jump into conclusion in your case its written all over you and every black person that screams racism at their frustration.
I already know that you are a pink person, only pink people make such statement.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by czar2k16(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
And that was how this Pig faced Bitch cut down this promising young man's life. In his "own" home for that matter. Looking at her face you will know that she's racist.
I hope and pray she burns in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by sayisayi(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
See her ravaged, malnourished face. Dis one carry gun abi! No vex, SARS will hire her afterwards

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
marvinsync:

racism is racism

just cause we racist doesn't mean they less racist !

and yes it's racist !!!

if u find an intruder in ur house and u have a gun , as a professional police officer u shout
freeze !!
u don't just start shooting up the place

she probably saw that he was black and as a racist shot him without tryna think !

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by nextstep(m): 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2018
ednut1:
blacks kill blacks too no one screams

What people are screaming about is that the police - the supposed protectors of the people, and representatives of the State's power - disproportionately kill black men. The police is also called upon to arrest black people going about their regular business, and unfortunately, a good number of these encounters result in undue harassment and even death for the black person. The screaming is for the State to address the discriminatory practices of its officials. It's hard to hold criminals to account, but you can hold the State to account.

3 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by nextstep(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
Netanyahu1:
If you have money for a good legal representation you would virtually get out of anything here e.g. OJ Simpson .

Blacks generally can't afford good lawyers hence they get the max of everything.

Sure, pick one wealthy black person as the exception. The ugly truth is: if a white person does a crime, the sentences are likely more lenient. For the same amount of drugs, a black teen could be looking at 15 years maximum security, while a white teen could see 1 year of community service. That is what people are complaining for: equal representation before the law, irrespective of race, wealth, or family connections.

Oh, they didn't forget OJ... they eventually sentenced him for 33 years for stealing back his own sports memorabilia. He got paroled after 9 years though. Even the District Attorney who persecuted the murder case said so: https://www.thewrap.com/gil-garcetti-oj-simpsons-robbery-sentence-too-harsh/

I doubt a white sports person would get up to 3 years. But this is just speculation on my part...

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by themanderon: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
Even in his house he became a casualty na waooo. R.I.p man.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Horus(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
nextstep:

Sure, pick one wealthy black person as the exception. The ugly truth is: if a white person does a crime, the sentences are likely more lenient. For the same amount of drugs, a black teen could be looking at 15 years maximum security, while a white teen could see 1 year of community service. That is what people are complaining for: equal representation before the law, irrespective of race, wealth, or family connections.

Oh, they didn't forget OJ... they eventually sentenced him for 33 years for stealing back his own sports memorabilia. He got paroled after 9 years though. Even the District Attorney who persecuted the murder case said so: https://www.thewrap.com/gil-garcetti-oj-simpsons-robbery-sentence-too-harsh/

I doubt a white sports person would get up to 3 years. But this is just speculation on my part...

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
nextstep:

I was in law enforcement for sometime , in fact my department wanted me to move from dispatch to a full police officer, I said no , and resigned you know why, cause from my observation the law here is too lenient to criminals, in fact its disgusting to see prosecutors and enforcers running from cases involving black people for fear of being labelled racists. Its getting old, black people are not the only minorities in America they should fix themselves.

As for OJ I know his case and followed it on investigation id. An average white man after getting out of murder charge would lay low, but this dough bag became arrogant by the day. The best way to get your memorabilia back is not by stealing it. Its by going through the dann court system. That's why they there.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by ojlifa: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
The problem with the black mind,is they have been thought to believe every skin colour is better then they are,we call that slave mentality.so below i provide statistics to back my claim in 2015, 2,712,630 died in america,let that sink in ,that is in just one year.https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

fabienjoe:

Are you for real?
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by ojlifa: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
The problem with the black mind,is they have been thought to believe every skin colour is better then they are,we call that slave mentality.so below i provide statistics to back my claim in 2015, 2,712,630 died in america,let that sink in ,that is in just one year.https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Jaqenhghar:

Says who?
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by poweredcom(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
Which kind mistake be dis and why must she shoot first

Na so abroad be if they see anybody na shooting but she no no her flat again abi she don drunk
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2018
Horus:

I have been in a court room when a judge sentenced two dwi offenders ( whites) with the same felony charge to different jail terms, 16 years apart (they both cause bodily harm to innocent victims). His reason being that one was remorseful and the other was arrogant .

My point is that on till we try to find out why people do what they do instead of tagging them racists , we , as black people would continue to wail while others live their lives.
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Bullhari007(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
they release her for $300k , as it is In Nigeria as it was in America ... this is secret relationship fall out, maybe the black dude has bleeped and dump her , she then decided to fix him

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Jaqenhghar: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
ojlifa:

..and where did I say every skin colour is better than black. Questioning your claim is now slave mentality. SMH
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by dederocs(m): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Amerikka...drugged society cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Abagworo(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
Black Americans are so maltreated in the US.
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by ojlifa: 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
may claim became doubtful to you,why if i may ask??

Jaqenhghar:

..and where did I say every skin colour is better than black. Questioning your claim is now slave mentality. SMH
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by pacespot(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
Look at how this guy was handsome and the police woman is ugly, who knows she has been trying to get to him and he refused, and seeing him with other women can cause the vile in her to overload. No sane person will believe this is an innocent crime, she definitely premeditated the onslaught.

But if there was a secret relationship between them, I better hold my peace, maybe this woman was heart broken.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Murders Brother In Anambra For Beating, Stripping Their Mother Unclad / Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / 80-Year-Old Woman Killed By Ritualists In Ondo, Breasts Removed (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.