Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

My Definition Of Feminism - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Definition Of Feminism (418 Views)

What Is Wrong With Feminism / The Role Of Feminism In The Igbo Community? / My Argument Against Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Definition Of Feminism by Ivegotsolutions(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
I had a chart with a radio station here in Lagos, I was asked if I believe in feminism and also ask to define it. First, I made them to understand that I believe in feminism of the old and what it stand for.
The lady in charge of the show was curious to know what I meant by feminism of the old. I told her literally, the world feminism are a group of women who fight against bad system in our society for equal existence of all human not just women.

Secondly, I defined modern feminism as a group of women who have channeled their grievances from the bad system to men.
The reality is that both men and women are cohabitants of this bad system, as such both are affected.

Modern day feminist care more for the girl child, while the boy child is left to his fate.

I reminded her about the Aba women riot of 1929. That movement is what feminism stands for, not the show of I'm a man that we witness today in Nigeria. Those women were so brave to challenge the bad system when their men were so scared to speak.

I was going through some reports of men who were raped and defiled while growing up.
I was shock to read that some mothers raped their male children, aunties abused male child under their cares, ladies gang rape guys and so many atrocities against men. No one talks or defend them because they are seen as superhuman.
Today's feminists are fighting the wrong enemy! We men should be in partnership in fighting the bad system not the other way round.

Recently, a man resigned his appointment because he stopped his boss from hitting a female colleague.

According to my understanding, feminism shouldn't be a fight against men like the way they go about it today.

Feminism is a fight for equal existence of humanity.

According to Smith Obiechina Ibe, you can't be a feminist and treat people bad!
You can't be a feminist and you treat your house help badly.

Feminism is not about dressing in men's clothes and refer yourself as king.

Feminism is not about saying that God is a woman.

Feminism is not about challenging the bible.

Feminism is not about robbing shoulder with men

Feminism is equal right for men and women.

The pics below are some women WO participated in Aba women riot. For me they are the real feminist.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mike Ejeagha / Success Tips To Ignite Your Zeal / What's The Meaning Of This Flag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.