Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age (1382 Views)

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Opinionated: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
By Eruobodo Lanre Oyenuga

We sent our children abroad, to far away Lands, to avoid the hazards in our Land, over which we failed to exercise control.

Sadly, these same children are faced with and embroiled in, the hazards of these other Lands, over which we still have no control?

We sent them away from our land, an act we felt justified at. Meanwhile, we forget that we had merely taught them to turn their backs at challenges?

Even when we become old and we become a challenge to them, they unconsciously mirror back at us, what we taught them: turning their backs at challenges! Many only return, to pay us their “last respect”.

Source: Lamentations of Some Nigerian Parents at Old Age

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by revolt(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
This is very deep
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Ademat7(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2018
Touching,not for d shallow mind
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Opinionated: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2018
Ademat7:
Touching,not for d shallow mind

True.
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Opinionated: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2018
revolt:
This is very deep

You are right.
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by pressplay411(m): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hmm. Sending them abroad is not the problem. Turning their back on their nation, that is the problem.

The who purpose of it all is for them to become a blessing to their nation, not just their families.
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by KanwuliaExtra: 3:20am On Sep 12, 2018
Please, Nigerian challenges defy solutions and are permanent!
Is WESTERN UNION not enough? undecided
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Mizwisdom(f): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Deep

Need books? contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Opinionated: 1:30am On Sep 13, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Please, Nigerian challenges defy solutions and are permanent!
Is WESTERN UNION not enough? undecided

No be only Western Union, nah Moneygram and PayPal we need.

You are making a joke out of a serious issue. What's the use of having children that turn their back on you when you need them? People should learn to train children that have a sense of responsibility for their family including parents.

No place in the world is without its problems.
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Opinionated: 1:31am On Sep 13, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Deep

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com

Give us free books first.
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by erotji: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2018
Opinionated:

You are making a joke out of a serious issue. What's the use of having children that turn their back on you when you need them? People should learn to train children that have a sense of responsibility for their family including parents.

Thank you for giving him extra sense...
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by KanwuliaExtra: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2018
Opinionated:

You can train children all you want o.
Love is never by force or with reciprocity.
Some strangers are WAY BETTER THAN BLOOD RELATIVES.
Not all blood is thicker than water.

Bottom line? Never expect too much from ANYONE!
Prepare for YOUR OLD AGE! kiss

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Opinionated: 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

You can train children all you want o.
Love is never by force or with reciprocity.
Some strangers are WAY BETTER THAN BLOOD RELATIVES.
Not all blood is thicker than water.

Bottom line? Never expect too much from ANYONE!
Prepare for YOUR OLD AGE! kiss

You still need your family no matter what.
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by KanwuliaExtra: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
Opinionated:

You still need your family no matter what.

Family may not be blood relatives.
Just saying. . . .
You create a family by marrying people who are not related to you abi? wink

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by ednut1(m): 6:37am On Sep 15, 2018
Most nigerian parents live for thier children. They have so many children that it was a struggle training them. At old age they expect returns on investment. Bt the children have their own lives to live
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by Opinionated: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2018
ednut1:
Most nigerian parents live for thier children. They have so many children that it was a struggle training them. At old age they expect returns on investment. Bt the children have their own lives to live

True.
Re: Lamentations Of Some Nigerian Parents At Old Age by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2018
Some parents make the mistake of retiring to the village at old age instead of staying in the city or joining their children abroad to enjoy proper care and attention, yet they complain of being abandoned.

Parents should desist from this attitude of creating unnecessary burden for their children, they should understand that the children are faced with their own challenges as well.

I have a neighbor whose father recently relocated to their village in Akwa Ibom from Abuja, meanwhile he lived all his youth and productive life in Lagos/Abuja, same cities he birthed his children. Not that he had accommodation or any financial challenges in Abuja o...

(1) (Reply)

In Distress Need Of Academic Assistance, Please Help / Please Don't Leave Children Alone In The House / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.