Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos (1821 Views)

LASG Commences Construction Of 1,500-Bed Psychiatric Hospital In Epe (Pictures) / Coronavirus: China Hastily Builds New 1000-bed Hospital In Wuhan within 6 days / China Is Building A New 1000-bed Hospital In Five Days To Treat Corona Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by hospitaldoc: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hello,

I understand this is wishful thinking on my part but if I had the finances to build a hospital in nigeria, I'm looking for ideas, opinions, suggestions on how to make this work. This is not meant to be a private hospital for the rich but more of a hospital that provides for everyone and provides resources not readily available such as radiation treatment for cancer.

I hope there are other people on the forum that will learn from this.

How much land? 20-30 acres to include accommodation for staff and visitors and parking, also maybe solar plant to generate electricity

How to generate electricity? This is my main concern. The goal is for 24 hr. electricity. I know the cost of solar panels are reducing but I don't know the feasibility of generating continuous electricity

The plan is to use electronic medical record to reduce the burden of manpower needed for paper record, what are the emr options in nigeria?

These are just some thoughts, please help me discuss so I can decide if this is something worth pursuing. I'd really appreciate it.
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by donk552(m): 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
If you have N20billion upward your problem is solve
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
Getting hectares of land might be a bit difficult in Lagos state except in developing areas of the state.You can budge #1million per plot. Just multiply with the no of plots you want to buy.
Secondly,to build a 3-bedroom flat,you will need roughly #5million,finishing inclusive.So picture the type of buildings you want and calculate.
Generator is your best bet for electricity because of hospital equipment.Solar can be for emergency,back-up.
All the best
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by bixton(m): 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
What you intend doing is capital intensive........

You may be looking at a minimum of 20 hectares.
You'll need to do a combination of wind turbines/solar panels and diesel generating plants for electricity generation.

Partnership will go along way achieving it.
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by healthserve(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2020
hospitaldoc:
Hello,

I understand this is wishful thinking on my part but if I had the finances to build a hospital in nigeria, I'm looking for ideas, opinions, suggestions on how to make this work. This is not meant to be a private hospital for the rich but more of a hospital that provides for everyone and provides resources not readily available such as radiation treatment for cancer.

How much land? 20-30 acres to include accommodation for staff and visitors and parking, also maybe solar plant to generate electricity

How to generate electricity? This is my main concern. The goal is for 24 hr. electricity. I know the cost of solar panels are reducing but I don't know the feasibility of generating continuous electricity

The plan is to use electronic medical record to reduce the burden of manpower needed for paper record, what are the emr options in nigeria?

These are just some thoughts, please help me discuss so I can decide if this is something worth pursuing. I'd really appreciate it.

Nice project. How far with it?

If you've thrown away this dream, I'll like you to get the dust of the idea and re-visit it. I can help in designing the entire project section by section
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by hospitaldoc: 2:04am On Jan 26, 2020
healthserve:

Nice project. How far with it?

If you've thrown away this dream, I'll like you to get the dust of the idea and re-visit it. I can help in designing the entire project section by section

Working on it, I'll let you know

1 Like

Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 30, 2020
Well power won't be an issue in Lagos if you can tap into the willing buyer willing seller scheme going on in the industry . You don't also need a large span of land you just need to build vertically. In terms of raising capital it depends on your proposals and what you are bringing to the table. The are various ways to raise long term capital.
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by nurex01(m): 8:35am On Jun 06, 2020
hospitaldoc:
Hello,

how far with the project Sir? Can I call or message you Sir? my digit; 0 8 0 7 9 7 5 6 5 7 2, 0 9 0 2 3 5 8 0 7 6 3
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by modskiller(m): 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
hospitaldoc:
Hello,

Use wind turbines that can generate like 5-20KVA have positioned on your premises a bit away from the main buildings. They work well

1 Like

Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by luxestrap: 5:39am On Jun 06, 2022
We replicate the latest apple watch straps and deliver them to you at a fraction of the price. Our Replica Bands are compatible with Apple Watch Series.
Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by Carparts888(m): 8:08am On Jun 06, 2022
Very good project sir, i also followed up when you helped a niralander pay a hospital bill for a sick child.You are a true philanthropist and God will keep blessing you sir.
Please sir I own a registered company that is into recruiting, outsourcing and staffing services, I would really appreciate it and it would mean a lot to me if you patronise the services of my company sir.
God bless you
hospitaldoc:
Hello,

Re: Want To Build A 500 Bed Hospital In Lagos by Zanzibar1: 6:04am On Oct 06, 2022
hospitaldoc:
Hello,

it.

This is a good idea/project that can only be achieved by partnering NGOs like World health organization, UNICEF and government. The reason you will need to involve the government is because of the nature of the project and the needed land.

The project is very possible but it will require time. Beautiful things don't just happen, it takes time.

Whenever you are ready to kickstart the planing and execution, I would like to work for you sir, in whatever capacity you want sir.
Thanks in anticipation for your response

(1) (Reply)

Can A Girl Be Pregnant And Still See Her Period? / How To Get Rid Of Those Stubborn Scars N Dark Spot / Ebola: What Happened To Patrick Sawyer's Corpse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.