Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds (14324 Views)

Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk / Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty / Samsung Sues Ksenia Sobchak, Ambassador For Using An Iphone X On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by OCTAVO: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
Okay o.
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by CSTR1005: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
CBN must never allow that malami to lay his hands on that money.
I trust the CBN far more than the so called Attorney General.

1 Like

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by bigpicture001: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
CBN is nigeria and nigeria is CBN...I propose a total one week boycotting of mtn by every nigerian...
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by oshe11: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
jauntty:
This is like failing an exam and suing your lecturer grin
You havent seen that happening before?

Are You still in Sec skul?

1 Like

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by oshe11: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2018
Tonitelli:
And why is malami insisting dat the money be paid tru his office and no longer d CBN?
Election bro

They need to Empower Ogun Market people too

1 Like

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by oshe11: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
bigpicture001:
CBN is nigeria and nigeria is CBN...I propose a total one week boycotting of mtn by every nigerian...
So whose business would suffer?

Better propose it for Zombies
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Tunagee(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
jauntty:
Telecommunications firm, MTN Communications Limited has taken the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the office of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) to court.

The move according to the firm was in order to protect MTN Nigeria’s assets and shareholders’ rights within the confines of Nigerian law. The firm will, however, continue to dialogue with the relevant authorities.

Here is the statement as sent by the company:

Further announcement regarding Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Attorney General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (AGF) matters and renewal of cautionary announcement.

As previously disclosed the CBN has alleged improper dividend repatriations by MTN Nigeria Communications Limited (MTN Nigeria) and requested that $8.1 billion be returned “to the coffers of the CBN” whilst the AGF has alleged unpaid taxes on foreign payments and imports and that approximately $2.0 billion in relation to these taxes be paid to the Federal Government of Nigeria (and now directed that the payment of the $8.1 billion is dealt with through his office rather than as directed by the CBN).

MTN Nigeria has denied these allegations and claims. Furthermore, four commercial banks were issued fines in respect of the administration of the CCI and irregular dividend repatriation matter and requested to return, in aggregate, the same $8. 1 billion.

In order to protect MTN Nigeria’s assets and shareholder rights within the confines of Nigerian law, we have applied today in the Federal High Court of Nigeria for injunctive relief restraining the CBN and the AGF from taking further action in respect of their orders, while we continue to engage with the relevant authorities on these matters.

We remain resolute that MTN Nigeria has not committed any offences and will continue to vigorously defend its position.

We will provide further information as and when available. Shareholders are accordingly advised to continue to exercise caution when dealing in the Company’s securities until a further announcement is made.

Source : https://nairametrics.com/mtn-takes-central-bank-of-nigeria-and-agf-to-court-over-back-taxes-and-repatriation/

Stupid MTN. Fighting a case that they cannot win!
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Hopebringer: 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
Babzrockman:
Tactically, MTN don sue Nigeria b that o after dey don use ordinary air chop our money finish... WHY una no try dis under OBJ?

Because baba OBJ is astue , intelligent and proactive

All these happenimgs would never have occurred under baba

1 Like

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Bizibi(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hopebringer:

Because baba is astue , intelligent and proactive

hehehehehe,sai baba.....kai!!!! My people Em don start.
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Hopebringer: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2018
Bizibi:
hehehehehe,sai baba.....kai!!!! My people Em don start.

When I said baba I meant the ebora owu

Chief olusengun obasanjo
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Bizibi(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hopebringer:

When I said baba I meant the ebora owu

Chief olusengun obasanjo

OK,I've seen it.....abeg don't use baba again,buhari's government has dent the image of that word.
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by grandstar(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
Why are the FIRS behaving the their Brazilian counterparts where they whip up one senseless tax amount on a corporate body?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Hopebringer: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
Bizibi:
OK,I've seen it.....abeg don't use baba again,buhari's government has dent the image of that word.

Noted, and I agree totally
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by masseratti: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2018
What government should do is to make sure nothing less than 40% of some strategic firms shareholders goes to Nigerian shareholders, that way the dividends will remain in the country and the naira will be stronger for it, everything now goes out to buy dollars, its not a nationalisation policy that Govt takes over a firm, it will be a private firms but large numbers of its shareholders will be Nigerian, there is no reason MTN Nigerian shouldn't have gone public till now.

1 Like

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by BrokenCock: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
Bawizzo:
Dear mtn,
190m nigerians are gonna sue ur ass
except me tongue

1 Like

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by docadams: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hopebringer:

Because baba OBJ is astue , intelligent and proactive

Commenting just for commenting sake. Under which regime did MTN perpetuate the fraud?

CBN LETTER TO MTN

viii. On account of the illegal conversion of your shareholders’ loan to preference shares (interest free loan) of $399,594,146.00, the sum of $8,134,312,397.63 was illegally repatriated on behalf of your company by the aforementioned banks between 2007 and 2015
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by bigpicture001: 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
oshe11:
So whose business would suffer?

Better propose it for Zombies
..aee u having ur sense under ur shoe..answer ur question..? whose biz would suffer..? the subscribers or the network provider?...
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by olowo1995(m): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
deafeyez:
APC looking for ways to fund their election by every possible means.

I dont know how some people are thinking because i dunno know apc has gone into his matter
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Christmasdon(m): 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
shebi nah suya abi sue which oneTON.
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by blackmercyvelli(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2018
Na dem dem vs dem dem be thieves and 419

1 Like

Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by legba1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
Imagine what supposed Nigerians are spewing.....a coy will just capital flight such amount from ur nations economy and u expect regulatory agency not to flag such....I bet y'all are ignoramus....just anytin.to discredit d government....haba
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by Roadmike(m): 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
Imagine a Govt that cannot create any form of employment, yet would like to muzzle a thriving and growing concern like the MTN. I wonder what they hope to achieve if not greed that is take over or a get deal from the Company.

The AGF is not acting in good faith.

Can too rather than sanction their officials for infractions and act of misdemeanor they are imposing huge penalty on the MTN. Would that engender friendly business environment in Nigeria.

THIVES AND BARAWOS IN POWER
Re: MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds by DopeTech(m): 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2018
Who CBN epp safe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Blackberry Bold 9700 Now In Nigeria / Miracle Box ERR21002 Please Help If You've Experienced It Before / Solution To Stop Mtn From Deducting Your Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.